Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

Post by the playing mantis »

Ffs makes it confusing I know to skip over retros posts ;) but will now get muddled up and might read some by mistake!...

As for this game proper banana skin woy always seems to do well against us and there wanky fanatics piss me off. 3 0 away win please no poncing around (havertz playing that difficult not to...) however can easily see a home win. These are the games rice should really be able to push us on in and control it.
Last edited by the playing mantis on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:06 pm
I remember an interview in the Melody Maker or Sounds years ago with Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and he said the Women in Reno have the longest best Tanned Legs anywhere; even than his beloved Texas.

I know Johnny Cash shot a man there

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:53 pm
Ffs makes it confusing I know to skip over retros posts ;) but will now get muddled up and might read some by mistake!...

As for this game proper banana skin would always seems to do well against us and there wanky fanatics piss me off. 3 0 away win please no poncing around (havertz playing that difficult not to...) however can easily see a home win. These are the games rice should really be able to push us on in and control it.

:lol: :lol: but :box: .

Read those posts and learn Mantis.

:wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:46 pm
Tks OBG, it's me in disguise, Xisstential. I dunno what happened but since the end of last season I could not get into my account on any device or any search engine, no matter what I tried. So bizarre......I live in the US now, Reno, Nevada to be precise. So, not really new, just a new name....now you can tell me to F off 🙃

Good to see you back mate. This place needs some posters who aren't certifiable. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:46 pm
Tks OBG, it's me in disguise, Xisstential. I dunno what happened but since the end of last season I could not get into my account on any device or any search engine, no matter what I tried. So bizarre......I live in the US now, Reno, Nevada to be precise. So, not really new, just a new name....now you can tell me to F off 🙃
Oooops! Nearly Forgot!

Now Fuck Off! :lol: :wink:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:01 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:35 pm
Biggest little city in the world :lol: All the Californians are leaving there and moving across the border to here.....and bringing all their shit with them. A lot of the shops here have a sign up that says " WE DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT IN CALIFORNIA"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Superb.

And welcome back mate. :barscarf:
Thank you mate, now let the whinging begin :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:06 pm
I remember an interview in the Melody Maker or Sounds years ago with Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and he said the Women in Reno have the longest best Tanned Legs anywhere; even than his beloved Texas.

I know Johnny Cash shot a man there
I heard it it was 'Just to watch him die" !!! ... Fuckkk that's Hard Core!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 pm
My money is on Eddie Nketiah to start at right back and then Deckers Rice to be swapped into right back early in the second half. Both our centre halves will be swapped out at half time for Martinelli and Saka, and Ramsdale and Odegaard will only speak Swahili for twenty two minutes of the first half and then German for ten minutes of the second half.

If that does not demonstrate Arteta's genius and confuse the oppo, it will at least confuse us! :lol:

Score? Five chipmunks to three bananas for the Arsenal!

:barscarf: :fryingpan:
I'll see your Five Chipmunks to three Bananas

and call it with 4 Coconuts to one very dodgy, soggy Greggs sausage roll. (without ketchup!) :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 pm
My money is on Eddie Nketiah to start at right back and then Deckers Rice to be swapped into right back early in the second half. Both our centre halves will be swapped out at half time for Martinelli and Saka, and Ramsdale and Odegaard will only speak Swahili for twenty two minutes of the first half and then German for ten minutes of the second half.

If that does not demonstrate Arteta's genius and confuse the oppo, it will at least confuse us! :lol:

Score? Five chipmunks to three bananas for the Arsenal!

:barscarf: :fryingpan:
I'll see your Five Chipmunks to three Bananas

and call it with 4 Coconuts to one very dodgy, soggy Greggs sausage roll. (without ketchup!) :D
:lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

You can't beat a Greggs sausage roll. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Great when you're hungover and need to Up-Chuck! :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

ok, so a 7-0 win here and we're top of the league. :roll:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Midz wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:54 am
Only needs to be 6-0

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:10 pm
Midz wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:54 am
Only needs to be 6-0
Or 9 Nil to THE Arsenal - The More the merrier, now that I've opened that 10 year old bottle of Tequila, every time I open the fridge it whispers "Driiiiiink Meeeeeee" :?

We need Win by a Very Convincing scoreline after being so good in the first Hal of the Forest game and then almost fucking it up.

#COYG

* It'll also give us a chance to check out Marc Guehi (CB/LB) who we were linked with at the start of the window. I remember he was impressive last season.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

All I ask is no Viera on the bench & no yellow away strip with wobbly lines !! Any sort of win would also do. :barscarf: :barscarf: