[POLL]: Who will win World Cup 2014?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will win World Cup 2014?

Brazil
19%
Argentina
25%
Columbia
No votes
Chile
4%
Spain
7%
Germany
24%
Netherlands
1%
Belgium
2%
England
11%
Other
8%

Total votes: 85

Clash

Re: [POLL]: Who will win World Cup 2014?

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:Don't understand the hype about Belgium. Can anyone really see Lukaku, Dembele and Fellaini with word cup winners' medals. Hazard isn't quite good enough yet to win it on his own. Quarters at best 8)

They have a backline with Kompany, tv5 and the *word censored* at the scum so defensively they will be good. They have a very strong/solid midfield with hazard providing that creative x factor (no nut the bullshit tv show :roll: ). Up front they will have lukaku and miralles so they aint shabby there either. They really have a good team but the lack of top level experience will count against them imo, but make no mistake, 1-11 they are as good as most countries out there 8)
They also have Mignolet and Courtois (the Atletico keeper) so pretty strong in all areas but I agree with you that they will probably just come up short from lack of experience.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

England team were given a tour of a Favela in Brazil today.
"It was sad to see those people with no hope .. Said a resident of the favela
5:18pm - 9 Jun 14

Twitter

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

mcdowell42 wrote:England team were given a tour of a Favela in Brazil today.

Twitter

:D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:The funny thing is I honestly couldn't give a shite about England - well certainly not anywhere near as much as Arsenal. A Gooner defeat leaves me as miserable as fuck for days and I have a self imposed media ban. When England limp out of another tournament, I'm mildly disappointed for a few hours but tend to find that a few beers later I'm over it and looking forward to the resumption of proper football (and all those star players we're about to sign :D )

I just think its hilarious watching you lot get all bent out of shape by the slightest bit of English media optimism and patriotism. I've been in Scotland when they've had big games coming up and a chance to qualify for major tournaments and the media there is 10 times worse........its just that we don't give a bollocks !

I repeat what I said before - 90% of Englishmen think we haven't got a prayer in Brazil.....but it is funny watching the Irish / Scots / Welsh getting wound up by some sort of imaginary sense of expectation. As for revelling in English defeats.......I think it puts you more on a par with Birmingham City, Burnley, Everton or Spuds fans getting all excited over your bigger rival's defeats whilst you've been absolutely fucking hopeless for years !

There is no way that can be aimed at me :shock: As I said previously, I don't really give a flying fcuk either way and am only enjoying the bit of banter with steve o and lefty (until he went into a self imposed exile :wink: ). I'm actually quite impressed with the way woy has gone with young players this time and ditched the old c*nts like scumbag terry and his mobile phone loving judas chav friend :evil:

Re my feelings towards our Irish team, I can only echo what sid said about how he turned his back on them the day they let that cork scumbag traitor back into the team and then onto the coaching staff. It's bad enough having a pikey Dublin knacker as captain, but to be coached by a c*nt that turned his back on his country is a fcuking disgrace imo :evil:
"I'll be back" Augie me old mate, been in Turkey last 10 days and am on a sunbed now drinking ice cold Efes as I type :wink: :lol:

Am off in a minute to hire a jet ski so will be back to harass you nasty little leprechauns (DB :shock: :lol: ) and address this anti England banter soon, till then ttfn :barscarf: :lol:

Edit: voted England :wink: :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I'm leaving on a jet ski, don't when I'll be back again...

:oops: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

mcdowell42 wrote:England team were given a tour of a Favela in Brazil today.

Twitter
does anyone give a shit what BG thinks :roll:

:wink:

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Leo Messi's nerves are so frayed he's been vomiting ahead of the World Cup. You have to feel sorry for him: he's under tremendous pressure to succeed the throne of Maradona and stake his claim as the greatest of all time by delivering Argentina the trophy - he must feel oppressed by the weight of expectation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -world-cup

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:The funny thing is I honestly couldn't give a shite about England - well certainly not anywhere near as much as Arsenal. A Gooner defeat leaves me as miserable as fuck for days and I have a self imposed media ban. When England limp out of another tournament, I'm mildly disappointed for a few hours but tend to find that a few beers later I'm over it and looking forward to the resumption of proper football (and all those star players we're about to sign :D )

I just think its hilarious watching you lot get all bent out of shape by the slightest bit of English media optimism and patriotism. I've been in Scotland when they've had big games coming up and a chance to qualify for major tournaments and the media there is 10 times worse........its just that we don't give a bollocks !

I repeat what I said before - 90% of Englishmen think we haven't got a prayer in Brazil.....but it is funny watching the Irish / Scots / Welsh getting wound up by some sort of imaginary sense of expectation. As for revelling in English defeats.......I think it puts you more on a par with Birmingham City, Burnley, Everton or Spuds fans getting all excited over your bigger rival's defeats whilst you've been absolutely fucking hopeless for years !

There is no way that can be aimed at me :shock: As I said previously, I don't really give a flying fcuk either way and am only enjoying the bit of banter with steve o and lefty (until he went into a self imposed exile :wink: ). I'm actually quite impressed with the way woy has gone with young players this time and ditched the old c*nts like scumbag terry and his mobile phone loving judas chav friend :evil:

Re my feelings towards our Irish team, I can only echo what sid said about how he turned his back on them the day they let that cork scumbag traitor back into the team and then onto the coaching staff. It's bad enough having a pikey Dublin knacker as captain, but to be coached by a c*nt that turned his back on his country is a fcuking disgrace imo :evil:
"I'll be back" Augie me old mate, been in Turkey last 10 days and am on a sunbed now drinking ice cold Efes as I type :wink: :lol:

Am off in a minute to hire a jet ski so will be back to harass you nasty little leprechauns (DB :shock: :lol: ) and address this anti England banter soon, till then ttfn :barscarf: :lol:

Edit: voted England :wink: :lol:
I had no idea you could rent Lego-sized jet ski's in Turkey! :shock: Spuddy will be thrilled!! :barscarf:

Anyhow, how is the Turkish Ewok village? Food good? Sunny?

:lol: :wink:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Leo Messi's nerves are so frayed he's been vomiting ahead of the World Cup. You have to feel sorry for him: he's under tremendous pressure to succeed the throne of Maradona and stake his claim as the greatest of all time by delivering Argentina the trophy - he must feel oppressed by the weight of expectation.

Jesus, that's terrible to hear. Hope it comes together for him this summer. A Brazil-Argentina final would be brilliant.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Good to see support growing for the three lions :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

gp543 wrote:
VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:Leo Messi's nerves are so frayed he's been vomiting ahead of the World Cup. You have to feel sorry for him: he's under tremendous pressure to succeed the throne of Maradona and stake his claim as the greatest of all time by delivering Argentina the trophy - he must feel oppressed by the weight of expectation.

Jesus, that's terrible to hear. Hope it comes together for him this summer. A Brazil-Argentina final would be brilliant.
I fucking hope not, just imagine how nervous he would be for that :shock: it would be coming out both fucking ends. the fucking pitch would resemble a fucking festival campsite.

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:Good to see support growing for the three lions :wink:

Solid performances against equador and honduras will do that for you wont it steve o ? :wink: :barscarf: :lol:

Unlike many on here, I actually applaud what woy is doing with the team and I fully expect them to defeat an average italian team and make it out of the group. If he had the ox available he would have a strong enough team and I would hope that he picks sterling ahead of the useless c*nt that is wellbeck for sat night. If ye lose either of your centre backs ye could be in bother though

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

augie wrote:If this tournament becomes embroiled in demonstrations and strikes...
...then France are bound to win

:barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Welbeck apparrrently hobbled off the training ground, so Augies been onto him already :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:Welbeck apparrrently hobbled off the training ground, so Augies been onto him already :lol:
Ingerland's chances have gone up slightly! :lol: :wink: