QPR - Home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: QPR - Home

Post by markyp »

I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,he had zero service against Liverpool and too often today Sanchez,cazorla and Rosicky decided against a ball to him until it was too late.Welbeck works his arse off for the team,in a really good team he'd flourish,unfortunately he's playing with quite a few useless Krunts and again hes found himself on the wing,he aint gonna score to often from there,i know sanchez does but he is a class apart,believe me if we had benteke hed look shit in this team,just as arshavin did,just as ozil does,i could go on,leave welbeck alone :shock:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:I know you're not an AKB. Not saying you are. Just saying I'm mystified you could still pin that 4-4 on Dowd when there's so so much evidence (4-4 Spuds, 2-3 Spuds, 3-3 Anderlecht) suggesting exactly where the blame lies? You seem clued up usually but disagree with u on Dowd v Barcodes 100%
I’m loathe to utter the term “special circumstances” but for this match it’s arguably apt. Peanut Head’s red card was daft, but Barton (not for the first time) played his part in the sending off; the two pens were fucking soft, and Tiote – a player so devoid of talent it’s untrue – scores a wonder goal.

It was an embarrassing result but there have been far worse; 2-8 at Old Toilet and 1-5 at Anfield spring to mind as we were utter garbage without any help whatsoever from the officials.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
REB wrote:prick of a ref made this game much harder then it should have been but 3 points and on we go to the happy hammers :mrgreen:
How? Giroud's is a red card all day long. Simple. What else the pen call? Correct decision. He also gave us one in case you forget. The ref basically got two calls wrong: 1. Mertesacker was fouled and that's a pen 2. Zamora is scythed down with scores at 1-1. Shoulda been a red for Gibbs and a pen to them no question.
It ain't Atkinson's fault a team with a wage bill higher than the Chavs is relying on the ref to beat the worst away team in the league, managed by a charlatan who's the English equivalent of Wenker (ie Arry) :roll:
Mind you, it was Dowd's fault we drew 4-4 at Newcastle wasn't it... :roll:
?? scores at 1-1 ?

Debuchy very unlucky, dreadful call by Atkinson. If Hoilett could cross the ball we would have been in serious trouble. Watching Arsenal getting harder with every game.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

markyp wrote:I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,he had zero service against Liverpool and too often today Sanchez,cazorla and Rosicky decided against a ball to him until it was too late.Welbeck works his arse off for the team,in a really good team he'd flourish,unfortunately he's playing with quite a few useless Krunts and again hes found himself on the wing,he aint gonna score to often from there,i know sanchez does but he is a class apart,believe me if we had benteke hed look shit in this team,just as arshavin did,just as ozil does,i could go on,leave welbeck alone :shock:
This just won't wash I'm afraid. I'll repeat: there's a reason LVG was all too willing to sell him to us, and the only other bidder was Spuds. He's shite. Period. He's never been prolific, never will be. See the stats v the top 7 this season: 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 chance created, less than 5 shots on target. Pathetic. This is a £17m striker on £100k a week not a 16 year old kid on YTS. The time for excuses is done. What does Ulloa at Leicester get bags of service? Then why is he so much more effective than Welwide? Benteke plays for a club that's scored less goals than any team in the top 4 English leagues! :shock:
Yet he ran Yernited ragged just last week, he's done it to
Chelski before too. Look at Bony.
Welbeck has NO excuses he plays in front of Cazorla, Sanchez and Ozil. Not Cleverley and Delph :roll:
His record and performances against big teams is just shocking, he's a total waste of the £17m. I'd literally have preferred to start a season with just Giroud and improvise with Sanchez up front. Save the £17m and add some on top and go for Benzema or Pedro the following year.
Welbeck wouldn't get a start at Villa up front - so what's he doing here?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

markyp wrote:I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,:
welbeck is not an issue, our back four, midfield, preparation, tactics, fitness , poor in game management are.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
REB wrote:prick of a ref made this game much harder then it should have been but 3 points and on we go to the happy hammers :mrgreen:
How? Giroud's is a red card all day long. Simple. What else the pen call? Correct decision. He also gave us one in case you forget. The ref basically got two calls wrong: 1. Mertesacker was fouled and that's a pen 2. Zamora is scythed down with scores at 1-1. Shoulda been a red for Gibbs and a pen to them no question.
It ain't Atkinson's fault a team with a wage bill higher than the Chavs is relying on the ref to beat the worst away team in the league, managed by a charlatan who's the English equivalent of Wenker (ie Arry) :roll:
Mind you, it was Dowd's fault we drew 4-4 at Newcastle wasn't it... :roll:
?? scores at 1-1 ?

Debuchy very unlucky, dreadful call by Atkinson. If Hoilett could cross the ball we would have been in serious trouble. Watching Arsenal getting harder with every game.
Shoulda read 2-1 obv

augie

Post by augie »

markyp wrote:I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,he had zero service against Liverpool and too often today Sanchez,cazorla and Rosicky decided against a ball to him until it was too late.Welbeck works his arse off for the team,in a really good team he'd flourish,unfortunately he's playing with quite a few useless Krunts and again hes found himself on the wing,he aint gonna score to often from there,i know sanchez does but he is a class apart,believe me if we had benteke hed look shit in this team,just as arshavin did,just as ozil does,i could go on,leave welbeck alone :shock:

Wellbeck does work hard but I'm sorry, that doesnt make him good enough and if he couldn't flourish in a title winning manure team, then he sure as hell wont flourish playing in that shambolic team :oops: To use an old denny green (former head coach of the Minnesota Vikings) comment, he (wellbeck) is exactly what we thought he would be......he was average before we bought him, will be average for the duration of his time with us, and then he will go on to be average wherever he goes next

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Just got home from the game. Played very well first half, and should of been out of sight. Giroud what the fuck was he doing, could of cost us the points.
Welbeck had a decent game, he dosen't stop working, I'm sure the goals will come.
Rosicky had a blinder, I would keep him in the side against the spammers.
Anyway, well pleased with the 3 points :barscarf: happy new year.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
This just won't wash I'm afraid. I'll repeat: there's a reason LVG was all too willing to sell him to us, and the only other bidder was Spuds. He's shite. Period. He's never been prolific, never will be. See the stats v the top 7 this season: 0 goals, 0 assists, 1 chance created, less than 5 shots on target. Pathetic. This is a £17m striker on £100k a week not a 16 year old kid on YTS. The time for excuses is done. What does Ulloa at Leicester get bags of service? Then why is he so much more effective than Welwide? Benteke plays for a club that's scored less goals than any team in the top 4 English leagues! :shock:
Welbeck has NO excuses he plays in front of Cazorla, Sanchez and Ozil. Not Cleverley and Delph :roll:
His record and performances against big teams is just shocking, he's a total waste of the £17m. I'd literally have preferred to start a season with just Giroud and improvise with Sanchez up front. Save the £17m and add some on top and go for Benzema or Pedro the following year.
You are not an Arsenal supporter, fuck off.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

clockender1 wrote:
markyp wrote:I think the critiscsm of Welbeck is a tad unfair,:
welbeck is not an issue, our back four, midfield, preparation, tactics, fitness , poor in game management are.
Wellbeck is not an issue.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

officepest wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:I know you're not an AKB. Not saying you are. Just saying I'm mystified you could still pin that 4-4 on Dowd when there's so so much evidence (4-4 Spuds, 2-3 Spuds, 3-3 Anderlecht) suggesting exactly where the blame lies? You seem clued up usually but disagree with u on Dowd v Barcodes 100%
I’m loathe to utter the term “special circumstances” but for this match it’s arguably apt. Peanut Head’s red card was daft, but Barton (not for the first time) played his part in the sending off; the two pens were fucking soft, and Tiote – a player so devoid of talent it’s untrue – scores a wonder goal.

It was an embarrassing result but there have been far worse; 2-8 at Old Toilet and 1-5 at Anfield spring to mind as we were utter garbage without any help whatsoever from the officials.
I see ur point to an extent. 8-2 was ridic and obviously the 5-1 was an utter humiliation. However in grand scheme of things: ManYoo are ManYoo managed by arguably the greatest club manager of all time. Pool were top of the league and had the best number 9 in Europe (at the time) leading the line and they were battering almost everybody at Anfield. That doesn't excuse the shit shows but think quality of opposition. Now. The Barcodes? Shite managed by Chunky. A team of mediocre journeymen should never ever have a chance of coming back in that game. If they get 2 pens fine, go up the other end and get another couple that is how bad they were and how easy it was for us. No team had EVER chucked a 4-goal lead in PL history. That one is the worst of the lot for me, right up there with 4-4 home to Spuds and 8-2 OT, and the 2-0 at OT in the cup when Fergie played with 7 midfielders :shock:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

afcforever wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
LOL. If you had more than a functioning brain cell I'd respond. But since that cell is on permanent vacation inside Arsene's rectal passage, I'll just let you carry on :lol: :roll:

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
LOL. If you had more than a functioning brain cell I'd respond. But since that cell is on permanent vacation inside Arsene's rectal passage, I'll just let you carry on :lol: :roll:
You did respond you prick, now fuck off

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

afcforever wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
afcforever wrote:
Ikechukwu1 wrote:
You did respond you prick, now fuck off
LOL! Quality 2-0 win for ur lot today. Dirty Diego will win you lot the title though pikey Terry is still a scumbag :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Didn't watch it. Pretty much forgot we were playing. Didn't really care when I saw the result.

A level of apathy i couldn't have imagined.