Bournemouth at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
beck

Re: Bournemouth at home

Post by beck »

ts100uk wrote:We all know this is a must win game and I expect us to take all 3 points.

Southampton was a disgraceful performance but I still can not believe the negativity in this forum from so many.

However, I do agree that it is unlikely that potential Champions lose 4-0 Away when they have the chance to go top.
Liverpool lost 4-0 at Coventry in 83/84 when they were top
Terry Gibson scored a hat trick
They had lawrenson Hanson dalglish sourness rush etc
Won the title that season and many in and around it

beck

Post by beck »

augie wrote:
Robin_L wrote:You're all harping on like we're the only bottle jobs.

City bottle games. Liverpool bottle games. Tottenham are Tottenham

Someone has to win the league. It's likely to be Man City but if Kompany can't stay fit then they will lose another few games themselves. I honestly think whoever wins this league title will only get about 70 points.

Yes they do, but do we really care what they do ? We are Gooners and really only focus properly on what our team does. We expect and demand more and that has nothing to do with the prices we pay - losing because you aint good enough is acceptable, but losing because the team and manager are gutless, lazy and too arrogant is totally unacceptable :evil: We should be handing out beatings to the likes of Southampton, Norwich and the baggies cos that is what teams going for the league do - that has nothing to do with arrogance but is from a genuine assessment of the quality of both teams. When we are then torn apart by teams that other teams have no probs beating, it leads to the inevitable backlash of anger and frustration, and it is totally deserved.

We will win this tonight and probably with a scoreline of 2-1 or 3-1 - what I don't want to hear or see afterwards is big bold statements from le cock, wally or the BFG lauding up our mental abilities that unable us to bounce back in style from the previous game, or hear about how freak results like the last one happen. Yes they do happen but when you also look at the recent results that I referred to above, then they can not be referred to as a freak or a blip
Largely agree with you but we did draw at Norwich in both 88/89 and 90/91

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

beck wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Said to a non arsenal supporter,Tues morning no point beating city and then losing to soton,and how right I was lol
No point winning at anfield 89 and losing at home to aston villa
No point winning at spurs in 71 and losing at huddersfield
Rinse and repeat poor result good result in 91,98 02
You dig in and get over the line somehow
There is enough giving up from our manager
No sir you are wrong
A bit of old fashioned class. 8) Sure you are on the right forum? :rubchin: :rubchin: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
beck wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Said to a non arsenal supporter,Tues morning no point beating city and then losing to soton,and how right I was lol
No point winning at anfield 89 and losing at home to aston villa
No point winning at spurs in 71 and losing at huddersfield
Rinse and repeat poor result good result in 91,98 02
You dig in and get over the line somehow
There is enough giving up from our manager
No sir you are wrong
A bit of old fashioned class. 8) Sure you are on the right forum? :rubchin: :rubchin: :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:
When he said I was wrong I immediately thought my ex wife had infiltrated the forum

armchair

Post by armchair »

beck wrote:
ts100uk wrote:We all know this is a must win game and I expect us to take all 3 points.

Southampton was a disgraceful performance but I still can not believe the negativity in this forum from so many.

However, I do agree that it is unlikely that potential Champions lose 4-0 Away when they have the chance to go top.
Did that Liverpool side have a history spanning almost a decade of capitulation after capitulation? Did they come fourth in a two horse race? Did they throw away a half time 4-0 lead, get humiliated 8-2 at Old Trafford, or 6-3 at City etc, etc, ectfukincetera.
Did that Liverpool side have a manager whose target was to finish in the top four? A manager who has consistently refused to use all the resources at his disposal to attemt to finish top?

That Liverpool team that lost 4-0 at Cov in 83/84 didnt have Wenger as their manager so maybe you can understand why some posters on here are less positive, or perhaps more realistic, (I wouldnt say negative) than the goldfish brain, rose-tinters.........

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I think you mean golfdish don't you :rubchin:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Theoperator wrote:I think you mean golfdish don't you :rubchin:
Ha ha you beat me to it :lol:

beck

Post by beck »

armchair wrote:
beck wrote:

Did that Liverpool side have a history spanning almost a decade of capitulation after capitulation? Did they come fourth in a two horse race? Did they throw away a half time 4-0 lead, get humiliated 8-2 at Old Trafford, or 6-3 at City etc, etc, ectfukincetera.
Did that Liverpool side have a manager whose target was to finish in the top four? A manager who has consistently refused to use all the resources at his disposal to attemt to finish top?

That Liverpool team that lost 4-0 at Cov in 83/84 didnt have Wenger as their manager so maybe you can understand why some posters on here are less positive, or perhaps more realistic, (I wouldnt say negative) than the goldfish brain, rose-tinters.........
No liverpool were an absolute force at the time
I Absolutly refuse to allow the negativity that wenger has engendered to infiltrate me
I love the arsenal and get a lot of joy out of supporting the club
Just because I don't follow a glass half empty mantra doesn't mean to say that I agree that wenger should still be in charge
I believe a lack of positivity and belief is one thing that wenger has instilled in the last 7 years
He ain't having me
I like arsenal doing well and winning football matches
I don't feel the need to be sardonic about it
We could win the treble this year and I would still want wenger to go but I will enjoy every moment of it

armchair

Post by armchair »

We have been in great positions many times before this past decade only to be horribly disappointed. It is reasonable that supporters become disillusioned and let down with the club and manager. What some dont seem able to understand is that it is possible to still support Arsenal while being totally anti the manager and vocal about it. Whether this is at games, outside the ground, on social media, or wherever, its all perfectly reasonable to me. We cat always try putting a positive spin on shit results when they keep repeating themselves. Thats why I responded to yours and the other posts about "negativity"

The long, lingering, gradual, drip, drip, death by a thousand cuts Wenger is inflicting on supporters is taking its toll. We all cant be up-beat and positive all the time, especially as the club and Wenger in particular need to know how many of us feel.

beck

Post by beck »

armchair wrote:We have been in great positions many times before this past decade only to be horribly disappointed. It is reasonable that supporters become disillusioned and let down with the club and manager. What some dont seem able to understand is that it is possible to still support Arsenal while being totally anti the manager and vocal about it. Whether this is at games, outside the ground, on social media, or wherever, its all perfectly reasonable to me. We cat always try putting a positive spin on shit results when they keep repeating themselves. Thats why I responded to yours and the other posts about "negativity"

The long, lingering, gradual, drip, drip, death by a thousand cuts Wenger is inflicting on supporters is taking its toll. We all cant be up-beat and positive all the time, especially as the club and Wenger in particular need to know how many of us feel.
I understand that totally
I support the arsenal
Getting behind the players and being critical coming with a heavy heart and facts is how I believe it should be
Far too much casual cunting them off for my liking
Wenger is fair game he buys them he picks them he trains them the buck stops with him
The board don't give a fuck as long as they get in that champions league
But we are in a title race and I don't care how we do it I want it done
It is not an endorsement of wenger just a supporter hungry for as much silverware as possible

beck

Post by beck »

armchair wrote:We have been in great positions many times before this past decade only to be horribly disappointed. It is reasonable that supporters become disillusioned and let down with the club and manager. What some dont seem able to understand is that it is possible to still support Arsenal while being totally anti the manager and vocal about it. Whether this is at games, outside the ground, on social media, or wherever, its all perfectly reasonable to me. We cat always try putting a positive spin on shit results when they keep repeating themselves. Thats why I responded to yours and the other posts about "negativity"

I understand that totally
I support the arsenal
Getting behind the players and being critical coming with a heavy heart and facts is how I believe it should be
Far too much casual cunting them off for my liking
Wenger is fair game he buys them he picks them he trains them the buck stops with him
The board don't give a fuck as long as they get in that champions league
But we are in a title race and I don't care how we do it I want it done
It is not an endorsement of wenger just a supporter hungry for as much silverware as possible

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Theoperator wrote:I think you mean golfdish don't you :rubchin:
That's a new one for the Oxford English Dictionary 2016.........