Sunderland FA cup Sat 9th 1500

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: Sunderland FA cup Sat 9th 1500

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

ramsey loves a goal against sunderland, that's his fourth :proudtosay:

good result, no injuries. would like a trip to portsmouth or bristol city. provided they win their replays

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:How is that not a penalty? Why would Giroud suddenly dive on the floor as he's about to shoot from 8 yards?

Ref just too much of a coward to give the accompanying red card.

Ref got it right ,replay showed Giroud actually kicked the ground 1st and fell over .
So you're telling me he had a free shot 8 yards out and he somehow fails to make contact with the ball???

Jesus wept - just waiting for one of his staunch apologists to come on here defending him because of that tap-in which Bellerin crafted for him. Meanwhile Aguero apparently scored another truly class goal from nowhere for City to open the scoring there today.

You couldn't make it up - is that how he won the league with Montpellier ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:How is that not a penalty? Why would Giroud suddenly dive on the floor as he's about to shoot from 8 yards?

Ref got it right ,replay showed Giroud actually kicked the ground 1st and fell over .
So you're telling me he had a free shot 8 yards out and he somehow fails to make contact with the ball???

Jesus wept - just waiting for one of his staunch apologists to come on here defending him because of that tap-in which Bellerin crafted for him. Meanwhile Aguero apparently scored another truly class goal from nowhere for City to open the scoring there today.

You couldn't make it up - is that how he won the league with Montpellier ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be fair I think giroud is a cracking player. You need another striker as well like but he seems to be a threat most times I see him play

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Fair play, this sounded a good game. I called it wrong. Sounds like Arsenal did enough in the 2nd half to win this one comfortably. 2nd and 3rd were decent goals, Sunderland's was awful to give it away but at least it didn't cost us.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Really liking Joel Campbell's efforts and he looks increasingly better out there... Miles ahead of Ox for me at this point, and right on Walcott's heels.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I'm glad we got through that one :barscarf:

When is the draw for the next round?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Robin_L wrote:Fair play, this sounded a good game. I called it wrong. Sounds like Arsenal did enough in the 2nd half to win this one comfortably. 2nd and 3rd were decent goals, Sunderland's was awful to give it away but at least it didn't cost us.
To be fair I thought we scored 3 pretty good goals. We could never get away with playing 4 wingers against decent opposition but one advantage is that we do move/run with the ball at a lot more pace and this was being all 3 goals.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I'm warming to Campbell. His effort was never in doubt, but his composure and decision making is improving. I'd like him to keep it a bit simpler sometimes. He was getting a bit 'Ramsey' at times.

Iwobi looked promising. Nice to see that passing can work if it's quick and sharp (Wilshire take note).

Giroud made O'Shea and Coates look like Beckenbauer and Baresi.

armchair

Post by armchair »

safcftm wrote:
augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

To be fair I think giroud is a cracking player. You need another striker as well like but he seems to be a threat most times I see him play
Yes mate ok. But then you think Bendtner is a God! :lol:

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season and remember - stay away from the trannys! :wink: :lol:
Last edited by armchair on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Double post so heres a photo of some kittens.....
Last edited by armchair on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Giroud again embarrassing his detractors, the people who claims he just walks around the pitch doing nothing.

Great work rate again from the hirsute Frenchman, chasing down lost causes all the time.
Last edited by Robin_L on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Robin_L wrote:Giroud again embarrassing his detractors, the people who claims he just walks around the pitch doing nothing.

Great work rate again from the hirsute Frenchman, chasing down lost causes all the time.
Come on mate that's lazy WUMming, particularly given that you obviously didn't watch the game based on your posted on the Ox thread :roll:

To be fair his work rate is normally very good, it's his demeanour with all the moaning and sulking etc which people take exception to.

Another largely anonymous game from him today although to be fair our shape was all over the shop with 4 wingers playing and did bag a goal. Meanwhile Agueros fine solo effort today is well worth checking out...

markyp

Post by markyp »

northbank123 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Giroud again embarrassing his detractors, the people who claims he just walks around the pitch doing nothing.

Come on mate that's lazy WUMming, particularly given that you obviously didn't watch the game based on your posted on the Ox thread :roll:

To be fair his work rate is normally very good, it's his demeanour with all the moaning and sulking etc which people take exception to.

Another largely anonymous game from him today although to be fair our shape was all over the shop with 4 wingers playing and did bag a goal. Meanwhile Agueros fine solo effort today is well worth checking out...
Giroud was a total bag of ***** again,but you have to say that in general he is somehow a pivotal cog in this Arsenal team

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

:banghead: