The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by augie »

I'm not sure that I can envisage le cock buying another keeper - if he was to buy one then he would have to sell one and I dont see that level of ruthlessness in him tbh. Could he get rid of chesney, a keeper that he has signed and helped develop (wenkers favoured policy after all) even though he is still a few years away from hitting his peak ? Would he have the backbone to sell a keeper (ospina) that he only signed 12 months ago and who has not let him down to date ? Of course if he was to sign cech or casillas then chesney and/or ospina could demand a move and make the decision for le cock, but I just have this feeling that cech is about to become the latest in a long line of players that were def joining us only for us to not even make a bid to sign them :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:Yep. No striker is coming - Le Tool will kick back and wait for all the available ones to get picked off, before claiming there "is nobody available" (copyright McDowell) :lol: :roll:
The complete lack of ambition is comical - wouldn't pay the money for Dybala, wouldn't pay the release clause for Martinez. Both vastly superior to Le Carthorse.
I think you can also assume no new midfielder will be coming in, as Coquelin has now been elevated to Vieira level for basically being the only DCM we have. I feel Cech will be the Galactico signing, and all those AKBs who claimed since he had loads of cash Arsene would sign "one huge star per summer" will be left with their dinkles stuck in the Emirates turf...
Next season = no title challenge (as per the last decade then!) as this club isn't about winning under Le Tool and the Yank. Top 4 is the summit! (Oh and the FA Cup)...
:D :D

Mate - you obviously haven't woken up to news of the deal of the century !

http://www.90min.com/posts/2256507-out- ... sfer-talks

Asamoah, who linked up with the Italian champions in July 2012 following a switch from fellow Serie A side Udinese. Has been plagued with injury problems as of late, with a severe knee injury near the beginning of the 2014-15 season all but ruling him out of the entire resulting Juventus campaign

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ID=HP_BN_2

Good news if true. Anything between £4-8 million would be decent.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SydneyGooner wrote:http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ID=HP_BN_2

Good news if true. Anything between £4-8 million would be decent.
A permanent move of any sorts for Podolski would be good - we need space in the squad and to get that silly £100k wage off our books.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Telegraph: Sunderland have offered Arsenal £2million to LOAN Carl Jenkinson next season.
1:06pm - 13 Jun 15

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Telegraph: Sunderland have offered Arsenal £2million to LOAN Carl Jenkinson next season.
1:06pm - 13 Jun 15
Fuck that.....has Kalou joined yet ?

Midz

Post by Midz »

After reading some of the stories regarding Arsenal transfers this summer it is glaringly obvious that we'll always be 2nd or 3rd best when our manager won't pay the required price for a player.
Morgan Schneiderlin for example.
If he's so good and likely to be the midfielder that will make the difference then why not buy him rather than let him go to one of our rivals and make them stronger?

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/ar ... 8m-target/

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

I saw that Lars Bender story this morning and spat out my cornflakes!
Every outlet agrees the bid will be £18m. Can I just please remind everyone that 2 summers ago, Arsenal offered Leverkusen £18m for Lars Bender, and Leverkusen laughed Wenker out the room. So, if true, he'd wait 2 summers, and return again with the exact same bid. Just as he did by twice offering Everton £8m for Jagielka! And let's not even go into Higuain! :lol:
If he's serious then he'd offer £25m and be done with it. Oh but hold on Schneiderlin is "too expensive" at 25m, so let's try low-ball a CL German international midfielder instead. Bound to work! Wenker, what a joke.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:I saw that Lars Bender story this morning and spat out my cornflakes!
Every outlet agrees the bid will be £18m. Can I just please remind everyone that 2 summers ago, Arsenal offered Leverkusen £18m for Lars Bender, and Leverkusen laughed Wenker out the room. So, if true, he'd wait 2 summers, and return again with the exact same bid. Just as he did by twice offering Everton £8m for Jagielka! And let's not even go into Higuain! :lol:
If he's serious then he'd offer £25m and be done with it. Oh but hold on Schneiderlin is "too expensive" at 25m, so let's try low-ball a CL German international midfielder instead. Bound to work! Wenker, what a joke.
Yes but Asamoah is coming - read above !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:I saw that Lars Bender story this morning and spat out my cornflakes!

Offering 250k for schwarzer and having it rejected only to return with the same bid 4 weeks later is probably the most embarrassing thing we have ever done in the transfer market - its not as if we were talking millions of pounds here or anything :oops: :oops:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Most of what we do in the transfer market is embarrassing.

Buying Sanchez was not Wenger's doing, it was only because Barca wanted shot of him to get money for the Suarez deal that we got him. I'm glad we did of course.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Midz wrote:Most of what we do in the transfer market is embarrassing.

Buying Sanchez was not Wenger's doing, it was only because Barca wanted shot of him to get money for the Suarez deal that we got him. I'm glad we did of course.
What does "not Wenger's doing" actually mean? - surely he would have told Gazidis he wanted Sanchez and Ozil, and the club then went out and made it happen.

That's how transfers work isn't it?

Anyway, I'm assuming you mean they were "easy" signings, but there's no way in hell we can force Barca to sell a player unless they want to. They're Barcelona, not Bradford! they're a much bigger and better club than us.

I've heard the same criticism about us signing Ozil.

Yes, both wanted to move because they were being pushed out, but we still spent £70-80m on the 2 of them instead of losing out to someone else. After all, these players would improve most teams so credit where it's due for Wenger and the club getting these deals done.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Careful there now Gooner there are only certain posters on here who seem to think that they have the inside story on what exactly our transfer targets are,well at least they give the impression tht they know who we are after.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Midz wrote:Most of what we do in the transfer market is embarrassing.

What does "not Wenger's doing" actually mean? - surely he would have told Gazidis he wanted Sanchez and Ozil, and the club then went out and made it happen.

That's how transfers work isn't it?

Anyway, I'm assuming you mean they were "easy" signings, but there's no way in hell we can force Barca to sell a player unless they want to. They're Barcelona, not Bradford! they're a much bigger and better club than us.

I've heard the same criticism about us signing Ozil.

Yes, both wanted to move because they were being pushed out, but we still spent £70-80m on the 2 of them instead of losing out to someone else. After all, these players would improve most teams so credit where it's due for Wenger and the club getting these deals done.
I find it far more likely that at Barca and Madrid they were surplus to requirement after their latest galactico signings and their clubs contacted us regarding offloading them. Both improve our team no doubt. but we are no-where as bullish in transfers as we need to be.

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

augie wrote:

Offering 250k for schwarzer and having it rejected only to return with the same bid 4 weeks later is probably the most embarrassing thing we have ever done in the transfer market - its not as if we were talking millions of pounds here or anything :oops: :oops:
Yes but Arsene was on tight finances during the post stadium move remember (let's ignore the pay rise he got!) :oops: