PSG away 19.45 Tuesday

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: PSG away 19.45 Tuesday

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:NOT ONE of the starting 10 outfield players should collect wages for tonights performance, but I would like to single out iwobi and cazorla for being especially shite :roll: :oops: Coquelin (who I will always claim to be no better than average) was our furthest forward central midfielder and that meant sazorla was neither creating nor protecting our back 4 (which he is totally incapable of doing). Ozil too was utter garbage and he looks totally pissed off at the mo.

I would love to see a journo ask wenger to defend the signings of xhaka and elneny - common sense would suggest that he bought them to strengthen what most of us would consider a weak part of the team, but yet tonight he opts to start with 2 players who were a part of the weak midfield 18 months ago :? Two years ago I argued that we should have sold cazorla cos it is not compatible to play them both in the team (centrally), and tonight bears that out imo. Personally even though I'm not fully convinced by elneny and xhaka yet, I sure as shit would start both in the central midfield positions ahead of cazorla and coquelin

Btw massive kudos to ospina who was outstanding tonight 8)
And don't forget....there is still the automatic selection of Ramsey to come, pushing Eleny & Xhaka further down the list.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
augie wrote:NOT ONE of the starting 10 outfield players should collect wages for tonights performance, but I would like to single out iwobi and cazorla for being especially shite :roll: :oops: Coquelin (who I will always claim to be no better than average) was our furthest forward central midfielder and that meant sazorla was neither creating nor protecting our back 4 (which he is totally incapable of doing). Ozil too was utter garbage and he looks totally pissed off at the mo.

I would love to see a journo ask wenger to defend the signings of xhaka and elneny - common sense would suggest that he bought them to strengthen what most of us would consider a weak part of the team, but yet tonight he opts to start with 2 players who were a part of the weak midfield 18 months ago :? Two years ago I argued that we should have sold cazorla cos it is not compatible to play them both in the team (centrally), and tonight bears that out imo. Personally even though I'm not fully convinced by elneny and xhaka yet, I sure as shit would start both in the central midfield positions ahead of cazorla and coquelin

Btw massive kudos to ospina who was outstanding tonight 8)
And don't forget....there is still the automatic selection of Ramsey to come, pushing Eleny & Xhaka further down the list.

I meant its not compatible to play cazorla and ozil in the same team, but I edited original post

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:What should have been a 6-1 defeat ends in a fluke 1-1 draw. Wenger has had massive chunks of luck against Leicester, Southampton and now PSG, when that luck runs out (and it will) we are going to take a rimming off one of the big boys.
What like 8-2 ?
Or 6-1 ?
Or 5-0 say :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I actually had no issue with Ospina starting tonight. Is he good enough to be Arsenal's number 1? No.

But when you've got Cech pissing in dud goals every other week what harm can there be giving him a go? He kept us in the game with some great keeping and even though you think there may be a fuck up around every corner I'd keep him in the side for a bit now.

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

OneBardGooner wrote:Nice to see celticscum getting raped by the barcawhores. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
If we had played Barca tonight we would have lost 10-0.They have strikers who dont miss sitters like Cavarni.We were a fucking disgrace tonight

Ozil was fucking awful again away from home in Europe and anyone who thinks he is world class name me one good game he has had away from home in Europe in 4 season.

The Ox is finished end of.Another over hyped English player on massive wages

Wenger got out of jail tonight but it had nothing to do with tactics just pure luck

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:I actually had no issue with Ospina starting tonight. Is he good enough to be Arsenal's number 1? No.

But when you've got Cech pissing in dud goals every other week what harm can there be giving him a go? He kept us in the game with some great keeping and even though you think there may be a fuck up around every corner I'd keep him in the side for a bit now.
I think Ospina is a great keeper.

Midz

Post by Midz »

donaldo71 wrote:
Ozil was fucking awful again away from home in Europe and anyone who thinks he is world class name me one good game he has had away from home in Europe in 4 season.
nope, can't.

Sean

Post by Sean »

StuartL wrote:
rodders999 wrote:What should have been a 6-1 defeat ends in a fluke 1-1 draw. Wenger has had massive chunks of luck against Leicester, Southampton and now PSG, when that luck runs out (and it will) we are going to take a rimming off one of the big boys.
What like 8-2 ?
Or 6-1 ?
Or 5-0 say :rubchin:
Special Circumstances 8)
rodders999 wrote:I actually had no issue with Ospina starting tonight. Is he good enough to be Arsenal's number 1? No.

Agreed. Give him a run. Can't be any worse.

His replacement by Cech looks harsher by the game, IMO. I'll always be thankful to Ospina from sparing us from half a season of Szczesny. He had a decent amount of clean sheets too.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Totally agree. Only good to come out of this game was great display by Ospina, NO Feo & 3 match ban for "the lazy frenchman". Lucky Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Not a bad result. We would have lost not for Ospina, but then thats the job of a keeper - to save your skin. For years we had shit keepers post Lehmann. Now we have two great keepers in Cech and Ospina. Funny how that works

But the team looks so jaded. Sanchez is not a striker, he doesnt provide the penetration and directness needed. Its a failed experiment to convert him into one. At the same time Giroud is absolutely horrible, both in performance and attitude. He did nothing when he came on, made multiple fouls and got himself sent off. He struts around the field like he is untouchable.

Wenger is being made to look like a push over. I dont get this in Wenger, he backs some players to a hilt, and in return the treat him like shit by not putting in the effort, yet Wenger does nothing. Although im starting to believe Giroud has fallen out of favour and Perez will get a run of games. .

Chamberlain has all the movement and ability, yet he has a nasty habit of being useless with his final product. I like Mustafi and think he will do well next to Koscielny.

We actually have a great chance of topping the group now, providing we dont fuk it up.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Totally and utterly baffled that he continues to play Coq over Xhaka. Coq is turning into his 2nd favorite love child after Ramsey. And speaking of love children, Ox must be third on that list because he gets to start all the time but is a major fucking liability out there every time he plays.

And he should continue to start Ospina over Cech. Ospina is flat out better.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

We looked better when we gave a fuck and started pressing as a team in the second half.

Wenger doesn't know how to balance the team. Too many average performers but...

Ox...!! God, I feel like I'm kicking the guy when he's down but there was a 20 second spell in the first half when the play drifted passed him and he was just strolling along, like he was watching his dog chase a stick or a tennis ball. Next to no contribution, let's get him out of the team and sell him back to soton along with wally.

:barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

We are top of the league say we......

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Does this cun.t never learn - you play to your strengths away...secure a point and then take the opposition home for a win.[/quote]

....isn't that what happened? :rubchin:
Last edited by Kingralph on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

my thoughts exactly....first half against PSG could have been 3-0 down at least.....