Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by armchair »

I think leafleting at the City game is a great idea but needs to be kept to PM or we could have a repeat of "planegate" :shock:

armchair

Post by armchair »

NickF wrote:One question about leaflets, was there any issues with AKBs when the "time for change" ones were handed out last year?
No

General

Post by General »

If we are going to be handing them out outside cashburton then it needs to be done from the protection of the group. Remember the tosspot who tore up one of the A4 sheets and threw it back at us outside the director's entrance. It's worth having a go but I don't think we are ever going to shed our radical image. As someone said a while ago, there really is no nice way of doing this.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sabeel wrote:The leaflet is a brilliant idea could be used in the stadium to protest as well if one side is white and has Wenger out on it
And turned into aeroplanes if you know how to !

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I've had a crack at a first draft of a leaflet, if anyone is interested in looking at it, improving on it and/or taking it forward re design and production pm me. The reverse would be "Wenger Out" (white lettering on red) which we'll encourage people to hold up in unison.....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

StuartL wrote:
Sabeel wrote:The leaflet is a brilliant idea could be used in the stadium to protest as well if one side is white and has Wenger out on it
And turned into aeroplanes if you know how to !
I'm actually thinking of getting a ticket for a game again now :D

might have a look at the returns for block 1 next week for West Ham.
im sure i could aim a paper aeroplane at a certain frenchman.... :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bob Bayliss wrote:I've had a crack at a first draft of a leaflet, if anyone is interested in looking at it, improving on it and/or taking it forward re design and production pm me. The reverse would be "Wenger Out" (white lettering on red) which we'll encourage people to hold up in unison.....
Red card for le bulbeye 8) held aloft in the 13th minute for 13yrs without a title challenge 8)

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

falkirk goon wrote:
Bob Bayliss wrote:I've had a crack at a first draft of a leaflet, if anyone is interested in looking at it, improving on it and/or taking it forward re design and production pm me. The reverse would be "Wenger Out" (white lettering on red) which we'll encourage people to hold up in unison.....
Red card for le bulbeye 8) held aloft in the 13th minute for 13yrs without a title challenge 8)
We do need to avoid diverting from the applause for Rocky, of course, but I assume that will be in the 7th minute. I'm suggesting we orchestrate the protest at the obvious markers such as when the teams (and Wenger) emerge, at kick-off and on the half-time whistle, Sometimes artificial markers can be a bit too clever for their own good.....

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

I know how sad this sounds but this song just popped into myhead earlier.

To the tune of Bob the builder...

Arsene Wenger... can you sack him,
Arsene Wenger... yes you can.
Kroenke, Chips and Harris, Gazidis too,
You really are a spineless crew.
Open your eyes and see the light,
Wenger is finished, you know we're right.

Wenger Out! :evil:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

perhaps keeping this to pm is a good idea

just to be careful, we don't want any diversion pamphlets being dropped out of a plane now do we :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:perhaps keeping this to pm is a good idea

just to be careful, we don't want any diversion pamphlets being dropped out of a plane now do we :wink:

^^^^^
THIS !!!

This should not be discussed openly on here. Make any suggestions to the organisers by PM and let them deal with it. They'll request help by PM if they need it, I'm sure.

No doubt some bright spark from the Club, or 20 Hong Kong "fans", are already planning their counter leaflet. Don't give advance notice of our intentions and thereby plant ideas in their heads.

NickF

Post by NickF »

falkirk goon wrote:
Whilst that maybe a great idea, it didn't work for the "time for change" as anyone who didn't like it shouted TO1AW whether they believed it or not.
I would seriously reconsider this. If you going to hold Anti-Wenger stuff up do it at the end of the game or at the point where there is no chance of winning.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Brady's left peg wrote:I know how sad this sounds but this song just popped into myhead earlier.

To the tune of Bob the builder...

Arsene Wenger... can you sack him,
Arsene Wenger... yes you can.
Kroenke, Chips and Harris, Gazidis too,
You really are a spineless crew.
Open your eyes and see the light,
Wenger is finished, you know we're right.

Wenger Out! :evil:
Brilliant. We need to get that on a banner.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

NickF wrote:... at the point where there is no chance of winning.
That'll be now, then...

REB

Post by REB »

http://www.blackscarfafc.co.uk/bsm-says ... enger.html

STATEMENT:
Black Scarf Movement says no new contract for Arsene Wenger
22 March 2017

For some time, we have been deeply concerned with the direction of Arsenal Football Club.

Since Arsene Wenger's last contract extension (one which many fans objected to), the club's board has had three years to plan for the future. Instead, a new deal and a reported £2m per year pay rise is on the table for the manager to sign, despite his team consistently failing to challenge for major honours. There appears to be no management of the manager from the board, and they are more than happy for him to sign up once again.

It is our opinion that this is lazy, and shows a clear lack of football knowledge / ambition from the Arsenal board.

The atmosphere among our matchgoing support is on the floor. Protests against the manager's contract extension continue to increase. Added to this, physical violence among fans is taking place.

Back in 2011, Ivan Gazidis had this to say when questioned about Wenger's future:

"Arsene is accountable to the fans - they ultimately make judgement. If you are seeing the relationship between the fans and the manager break down over time, that is unsustainable"

In the six years since that statement we are no closer to challenging for the Premier League or Champions League, and the relationship between the fans and the manager is at an all time low. Fighting among fans (over the manager) is by far the biggest indication that the relationship is broken, and the trouble will only increase the longer Arsene Wenger remains at the club.

We feel it's irresponsible of the board to ignore these issues, and blatantly ignore the statement previously made by the club's Chief Executive.

As for Arsene Wenger, there appears to be an ongoing reluctance from him to adapt to the modern game. In fact, despite sizeable investment in transfers over the past few years we are now in a worse position than we've been for over 20 years, and repeated humiliations at the hands of our so-called rivals continue to take place. No other big club in football would tolerate the stream of embarrassing results we've had to endure.

It is our view that there should have been no contract extension on offer to Arsene Wenger, unless he managed to deliver either of the two biggest trophies available this season. Instead, we are clearly in decline on the pitch and there is no sign of improvement or willingness from the manager to change his ways.

Some comments have been circulated that the manager deserves a 'final swan song'. This should have been the cup final in 2014, and there should have been no three year extension. We have gone backwards since then, so why continue on the same track? Because the manager was a success more than ten years ago? After another two years of failure, what's to say the board won't offer him another two years? It's seemingly a never-ending cycle where the board continually shirks responsibility, the manager just keeps going, keeps picking up a mammoth salary, top players become disillusioned and leave, and the club continues to drift.

Arsenal fans are constantly told that Arsene Wenger loves Arsenal. If this is the case, we hope that he realises that he has taken the club as far as he can, and steps down at the end of this season.

Should the manager remain, his legacy will continue to be tarnished. We are informed the protests against him will continue, and will become increasingly vociferous. Until a change takes place, the atmosphere in our support will become more toxic. Something needs to be done.

It really is time for change. Time for a fresh approach, and time for fans to unite under a new manager.