ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

17 weeks till the January transfer window opens :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:46 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:38 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:21 pm

, we all know experience counts for a lot in Europe and that includes the manager
Didn't help AW!

Criminal we never bothered the latter stages of the CL more in our prime.

Agreed. Other than 2006, we were generally piss poor in the CL and often against what was, on the face of it, inferior opposition. The 2006 team wasn't as good as the side we'd had in our pomp a few years earlier, but we were always frustratingly and embarrassingly bad. I think European competition showed Wenger's managerial limitations in stark relief. He was out of his depth against quality coaches.
Wenger was limited certainly. But let's not forget the two CL that the fucking attention whore idiot Lehmann singlehandedly fucked away in 2004 and 2006. :censored:

That cùnt is the main reason The Lord Dennis Bergkamp does not have a CL medal. :x

Would you kindly not interfere with my Wenger bashing. It's one of the few joys left in life.

Following the departure of Xhaka, targets for my ire were becoming thin on the ground, but there was always Arteta and now he's added Havertz for me to pop at, so happy days.

:barscarf: :barscarf:
Apologies dear sir. :D :wink: I just cannot resist an opportunity to have a go at that clown Lehmann. Not only singlehandedly cost us two CL with his stupidity, he even tried to fuck away the unbeaten season at, of all places, the fucking swamp. :x :censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:55 pm
:lol:

Apparently Besiktas and Arsenal have agreed a 'fee" ( I think it's a Lucky Bag and a used bus ticket) for Pepe... Rodders(as I'm certain many others - along with myself will be very happy!).

OneBardGooner

Re: Gooners- I want to know your thoughts on the transfer window

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:12 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:52 pm
Leila1998 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:07 pm
HI guys!

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of Arsenal fans on the club's business this window and opinions on the transfer window as a whole. Who was overpriced? Who will be the best value for money? Which club had the best window?

Share your thoughts in this short survey:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance

Link deleted by mod. No posting links by new members or one timers. We also have a transfer thread so I'm merging this one in there. -DB10.
Done. :wink:
Eric Clapton wants his Layla back. :lol:

Oh ffs don't tell me you live near him too?! How many fucking villages do you live in? :lol: :wink:
All villages need a idiot.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:21 pm

, we all know experience counts for a lot in Europe and that includes the manager
Didn't help AW!

Agreed. Other than 2006, we were generally piss poor in the CL and often against what was, on the face of it, inferior opposition. The 2006 team wasn't as good as the side we'd had in our pomp a few years earlier, but we were always frustratingly and embarrassingly bad. I think European competition showed Wenger's managerial limitations in stark relief. He was out of his depth against quality coaches.
Wenger was limited certainly. But let's not forget the two CL that the fucking attention whore idiot Lehmann singlehandedly fucked away in 2004 and 2006. :censored:

That cùnt is the main reason The Lord Dennis Bergkamp does not have a CL medal. :x

Would you kindly not interfere with my Wenger bashing. It's one of the few joys left in life.

Following the departure of Xhaka, targets for my ire were becoming thin on the ground, but there was always Arteta and now he's added Havertz for me to pop at, so happy days.

:rubchin:

What about Ransdale - You enjoy Bashing him!... And of course the "Bishop" :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:35 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Didn't help AW!

:rubchin:

What about Ransdale - You enjoy Bashing him!... And of course the "Bishop" :wink:
Completely different thing. I detest Wenger for the man that he is and his wilful and self interested ruination of our club in his final 12 years or so.

Questioning players based on their ability isn’t personal and there’s no joy in it, only concern. I’d be delighted if Ramsdale emerged as a super reliable, top keeper, but all to often he worries me. Perfectly legitimate to express those concerns. Whether it’s Wenger, Arteta, Ramsdale, or whoever, I want what is best for the Arsenal and that comes first.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Re:Ramsdale, saw a stat that he has conceded 7 goals in 2023 where it has been the oppositions 1st shot on target in the game.

I believe Raya will be our No 1 b4 the season finishes,who starts in goal for our CL games could be 1 to watch as well.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:43 am
Re:Ramsdale, saw a stat that he has conceded 7 goals in 2023 where it has been the oppositions 1st shot on target in the game.

I believe Raya will be our No 1 b4 the season finishes,who starts in goal for our CL games could be 1 to watch as well.

Interesting stat. I’ve said on here before that judging goalkeepers is not simply about how many obvious fuck ups they make, but looking at the goals they concede where no actual blame can be put on the keeper.

Many times last season we conceded goals where I thought that Ramsdale could have done better and that a top keeper would have made a save. The ones that leap to mind are the two goals at West Ham and two of those at Old Trafford, but there were plenty more. You couldn’t “blame” Ramsdale exactly, but nor could you escape the feeling that he could have done better. It’s the difference between an ok keeper and a top one.

I know almost nothing about Raya.

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:31 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:55 pm

Apparently Besiktas and Arsenal have agreed a 'fee" ( I think it's a Lucky Bag and a used bus ticket) for Pepe... Rodders(as I'm certain many others - along with myself will be very happy!).
The guy is a c.unt, has always been a c.unt and will always be a c.unt. his mother sucks cocks in hell and his father isn't fit to eat with pigs!!!

Lucky i didn't put his nationality before that else someone might call me a racist.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I can't understand the extreme hate towards Pepe.

He didn't force arsenal to buy him for stupid money.

The guy just wasn't up to it

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:30 pm

Totally agree

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Yeah! Agree with that. But same thing can be applied to any player I guess Declan Rice or Kai Havertz. :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I agree with this. No one was a detractor of Xhaka on here more than me (DB will dispute that :wink: ), but I never cunted him off, or gave him foul abuse. I'd refer to him as a clown, or say that he was fucking useless, but the fact that he was here for 6 years is down to the Old Fraud for buying him and he and the following managers for sticking with him.

When we have a crap player in the side, it's ALWAYS on the manager. Players don't pick themselves. You lot wouldn't have wanted me in the side, even in my prime, but if the Arsenal had signed me and played me (let alone paid me tens of thousands a week for the honour), no way would I have said "Sorry I'm not quite good enough" and turned it down. Mind you, I honestly don't think I'd have been worse than dear ol' Granit. :lol:

We're going to see an awful lot of bile spewed over Havertz and it ain't the poor sod's fault that he isn't good enough. Blame Arteta.

£65m :( :( .

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OBG lives in that Hobbit Village in New Zealand. :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nicolas Pépé, not convinced by Saudi approaches — deal not happening, his priority is now to join Trabzonspor 🇹🇷

Negotiations to follow in order to reach an agreement, as @footmercato called; he’s completely out of Arsenal project.

#AFC prepared to give the green light.