Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Wenger Out protest - Sunday 2nd April 14:30 Man City (H)

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:Redarmy - "its a personal decision of course but i have decided if it is 2 years to just back the team....and wait for the useless old fraud to go"....

Do you really think it's only going to be only another two years of Wenger? In two years time, what will be different to now? The club will always offer Wenger a new deal, for as long as he wants it. Even in the event that Wenger decides to walk away, he will simply move upstairs(Probably will pick his own successor) and dictate to whatever puppet brought in to replace him. There's a very realistic chance that Wenger is here in some capacity for the next 5 - 10 years, if his health remains good.

No mate i expect him to be around at least another 5 years said as much in earlier posts....he wants to beat Fergies record

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has held further talks with majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and agreed to stay on for another two years, according to a report. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Worst kept secret ever eh? Can anyone say they're even remotely surprised. Not for one minute did I allow myself to believe he'd be leaving at the end of this season.

My anti-feelings towards the club have hardened so much these days that in some ways I'm actually pleased by the news.....hear me out. I've said all along that I hold Kroenke more to account than Wenger - at the end of the day as the majority shareholder he can appoint and fire who he wants, when he wants.....the others are just puppets. I work for a multinational company three times the size of Arsenal with all the usual C Suite of executives......but the truth in our business (and many like it) is that the owner still calls the shots and can make whatever important decision he chooses. Wiggy chooses Wenger as his number 1 man time and time again and is ruining this club - its lost its heart, increasingly more of its old skool fan base and has got to the stage now where its fans fight amongst themselves. He doesn't give a shit about any of that - who cares if you been going for 40 years.....there's a daytripper from Japan, or a nice couple from Barcelona visiting London who will be taking up your seats. As long as Wenger gets him the Be All and End All its all that matters to him - fuck what we say, or what any banner says. 60,000 people paying an average of £50+ per seat - nice little earner.

The only way it will ever change is when Shit for Brains really hurts Wiggy in the pocket and I can sense that about to start this season when we finish as low as 6th or 7th. I hope Wiggy then gives him £150m+ to spend on more absolute garbage like Chambers, Cech, Mustafi, Xhaka, Lucas etc.....and then fuck it up all over again for the next 2 years........go and blow the fucking lot and finish 9th next year playing in front of Maltese part timers on a Thursday night. You've spent the last 8 years hurting me and many others but I've got so little skin in the game anymore that I sincerely hope that the pain is all on Kroenke.....and giving Inspector Clueless another 2 years is the best way to hurt him now

There used to be a football club called Arsenal round here.....

yes a lot of good points in there mate......its a personal decision of course but i have decided if it is 2 years to just back the team....and wait for the useless old fraud to go....
We said that two years ago. How much longer are you planning to give him? :banghead:
Ha ha...its not up to me mate, if it was he would be gone.....

armchair

Post by armchair »

Why would Wenger suddenly change everything hes been doing for a decade or more cause theres a different owner?
On the contrary he'd probably see it as an opportunity to continue. A new begining for him. Another chance to peddle his special brand of mediocrity to someone else. Be like a clean slate for him, the crafty, lying fecker.

So do people think they'll get rid of Wenger by trying to get Kroenke out? By calling for "KroenkeOut" they'll somehow get "WengerOut"?

That dont make any sense to me.

If you think calling for Kroenke to leave will stop Wenger from being a failure then you're wrong. It wont. Wenger is and will be a failure no-matter who owns the club.

Also if you're calling for Kroenke to leave in the hope that a different owner will come in and sack Wenger then, thats a long, convoluted and protracted way of getting rid of him. And absolutely NO guarantee a new owner would do that.
A new owner would probably keep the status quo cause its working. (In their eyes. They're not fans remember) Even Usmanov has made pro Wenger statements in the recent past.

If you want change where it matters - on the pitch. You dont try to oust someone who has zero influence on the pitch.
If you want WengerOut then you try to get WengerOut. Not some roundabout way getting Kroenke out hoping that will mean WengerOut too.

There are still many, many fans who attend games and those who dont who still back Wenger, who want him to stay, who would never dream of having him sacked.
You seriously think a new owner will sack him when there ars still loads of fans who wouldnt.

If you want to see change on the pitch, you have to get rid of Wenger. Not Kroenke.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

War has been declared...pick a side..the gloves are off now..as long as we have the finances we are going to attack him relentlessly.

WENGER OUT!! .......KROENKE NEXT!!

AS for this "Getting behind the team" crap...good luck with that, you'll be in a wheelchair still waiting for him to go....if we don't drive him out he will NEVER leave.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yep fuck this ducking out of the most important issue facing the club and the fans for decades on the bullshit grounds of "supporting the team".

Time to pick a side. Either Arsenal FC or Arsene Wenger.

Passive politeness at the Emirates is what's allowed this to happen. No more.

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:War has been declared...pick a side..the gloves are off now..as long as we have the finances we are going to attack him relentlessly.

WENGER OUT!! .......KROENKE NEXT!!

AS for this "Getting behind the team" crap...good luck with that, you'll be in a wheelchair still waiting for him to go....if we don't drive him out he will NEVER leave.

It defies belief that you actually need to say any of that again - to my mind any Gooner who has an "ah well, let's support the team now" ethos to the new contract being signed, isn't a guy that wants wenger out and isn't convinced that we NEED to get him out :roll: If/When the new contract signing is confirmed, the wob can either galvanise the troops and increase the pressure on wenker, or they will accept the fact that AFC is no longer the club we grew up with and walk away from the club forever - sadly I think that I will be in the latter group :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

armchair wrote:Why would Wenger suddenly change everything hes been doing for a decade or more cause theres a different owner?
On the contrary he'd probably see it as an opportunity to continue. A new begining for him. Another chance to peddle his special brand of mediocrity to someone else. Be like a clean slate for him, the crafty, lying fecker.

So do people think they'll get rid of Wenger by trying to get Kroenke out? By calling for "KroenkeOut" they'll somehow get "WengerOut"?

If you think calling for Kroenke to leave will stop Wenger from being a failure then you're wrong. It wont. Wenger is and will be a failure no-matter who owns the club.

Also if you're calling for Kroenke to leave in the hope that a different owner will come in and sack Wenger then, thats a long, convoluted and protracted way of getting rid of him. And absolutely NO guarantee a new owner would do that.
A new owner would probably keep the status quo cause its working. (In their eyes. They're not fans remember) Even Usmanov has made pro Wenger statements in the recent past.

If you want change where it matters - on the pitch. You dont try to oust someone who has zero influence on the pitch.
If you want WengerOut then you try to get WengerOut. Not some roundabout way getting Kroenke out hoping that will mean WengerOut too.

There are still many, many fans who attend games and those who dont who still back Wenger, who want him to stay, who would never dream of having him sacked.
You seriously think a new owner will sack him when there ars still loads of fans who wouldnt.

If you want to see change on the pitch, you have to get rid of Wenger. Not Kroenke.
You're missing the point in the very first sentence. A new owner along the lines of Usmanov wouldn't give Wenger a choice.....he'd be out like a fucking shot. Usmanov has commented as much on our recent failings as anyone - any pro Wenger comments were many moons ago. Do you think Sheikh Mansoor will be happy to plod along with Guardiola for 10 years scraping 4th, winning the odd FA Cup and getting knocked out of the Be All and End All in the last 16? Of course not, Mancini was fired for less. Its not hope that a new owner would do differently - its expectation based upon the ownership of just about every other big club in the world. Kroenke is the odd man out, and a fucking rotten one at that.

Its not just the on the pitch stuff that stinks anyway - the way fans have been mercilessly ripped off under this c.unt of an owner is every bit as bad as the stale, turgid shit that Wenger serves up on the pitch. I want both out to be clear

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

armchair wrote:Why would Wenger suddenly change everything hes been doing for a decade or more cause theres a different owner?

You need to read up about Kroenke, he is still the bigger issuer - Wenger is the short term problem, Kroenke is the long term problem, well hopefully more medium term but then if people are going to keep backing him, despite all the evidence in the US of his teams being s**t, then I don't know what hope there is for Arsenal.

Hopefully once the accountant is gone people will turn their anger on to the poisonous wigged one.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:Yep fuck this ducking out of the most important issue facing the club and the fans for decades on the bullshit grounds of "supporting the team".

Time to pick a side. Either Arsenal FC or Arsene Wenger.

Passive politeness at the Emirates is what's allowed this to happen. No more.
:high5:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

sk-gtfo wrote:

You need to read up about Kroenke, he is still the bigger issuer - Wenger is the short term problem, Kroenke is the long term problem, well hopefully more medium term but then if people are going to keep backing him, despite all the evidence in the US of his teams being s**t, then I don't know what hope there is for Arsenal.

Hopefully once the accountant is gone people will turn their anger on to the poisonous wigged one.
Exactly - look at the track record of all his "franchises" in the US, coupled with the fact he'd move them the breadth of the country to make some more dollar. The guy is a Grade A c.unt and all the while he runs this "franchise" we'll be shit just like all the others he runs.

OK, lets assume Wenger leaves at the end of the season. Armchair - do you honestly trust this cock to appoint a serial winner of a manager like Simeone who might ruffle a few feathers? More likely he'll let goon features pick his own successor.....and that is why the club needs shot of him

armchair

Post by armchair »

If you want WengerOut because hes the one failing on the pitch, you dont go a roundabout way and hope that a new owner will sack him.

You target the one who is failing and has been failing from before anyone had even heard of Kroenke.

Anyway of you think Usmanov would sack Wenger "like a shot", this is what he said just one year ago today.........
"Arsenal must keep their main asset - Arsene Wenger"
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... er-usmanov

armchair

Post by armchair »

And btw, I couldnt give a shit about what Kroenke does in the good ole US of A

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

armchair wrote:And btw, I couldnt give a shit about what Kroenke does in the good ole US of A
Ignorance is bliss eh?. You should befriend some AKB's they know all about this.

:twisted:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

armchair wrote:And btw, I couldnt give a shit about what Kroenke does in the good ole US of A
Me neither - I hate all of those sports with a passion. I care about what he does with our once proud club......unfortunately for us though, he is turning us into the image of his US franchises so its impossible to ignore his shit track record

As for the weasel words for Wenger.....all the while he's got Dein at his side he's bound to say that. I don't believe for one minute he'd encourage him to spend £200m on players and then settle for the shit that's being dished up now. Also, if he was to work his work back in to the boardroom he can't slate Kroenke's lovechild openly.

armchair

Post by armchair »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Ignorance is bliss eh?. You should befriend some AKB's they know all about this.

:twisted:
Mate if you cant counter my argument no point getting personal and attacking me personally. By all means have a pop at my points but dont try to be a smartass. Thats twice now.

And I know all about what Kroenke does in USA. I said I couldnt care, not that I didnt know