THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by rodders999 »

xisstential wrote: Wenger must be the ONLY PL manager who is not under pressure. Do you think this charlatan ever gets called in to explain a 5 - 1 or 8 - 2 drubbing. Not on your life, AKB, the ungrateful fans can go to hell.
If Arsene has a plan we back it, if he doesn't have a plan we keep quiet :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Gunner Rob wrote:congratulations to Arsene Wenger who has been named manager of the month :lol: :lol:

October 2015 - I will remember it for us losing 0-3 to championship side Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup but luckily for Wenger that doesnt count. :barscarf:
But it doesn't count as a virtual trophy, does it? 2015 Calendar Year Trophy incoming! :barscarf:
rodders999 wrote:Away at Swansea the BFG tried to play a suicidal offside in the first half which led to Gomis getting clean through on goal. Thankfully he hesitated and between Cech making himself big and Bellerin's blistering recovery pace disaster was averted.

Our next game was in Munich where Gabriel insanely tried to catch Lewandowski, currently Europe's deadliest striker, offside and we ended up going 1 nil down on the way to a drubbing.

Our third game of the week was the scum at home. Lessons learned? None. Mistakes ironed out on the training ground? Are you having a laugh! Kos rushes out trying to play Kane offside, makes a balls of it and we're one nil down again.

That's pathetic from a management/coaching point of view. Hapless from Wenger and what Steve Bould, part of the most drilled and disciplined back 4 in history, is doing is beyond me. All 3 of our centre backs making the exact same mistake in 3 consecutive games.

Manager of the month me hole :roll:
We've had a suicidal high line for years. We usually get the most offsides against us in the league, although several times a season an attacker gets a one on one with the goalie and we usually concede. I hate how our full backs play like wingers as well. There's hardly any defensive discipline or leadership at the club.

I wish that Steve Bould was actually allowed to do his job by The Old Fraud. Pat Rice was totally wasted too. The assistant manager job at the Arsenal is the most pointless job in the world, although I wouldn't mind having that salary.
northbank123 wrote:Absolutely alarming isn't it Rodders.

Another one is how often we line up to defend a free kick and there will be an opposition player stood at the back completely unmarked. Not peeling away or creating a yard of space with a clever run. Just stood there unmarked.
Zonal marking :banghead:

We never learn :suicide:
xisstential wrote:I see Wenger is saying in today's paper he would look at managing another club after Arsenal but not in England. Does this despot seriously think there is a club in the world who would put up with him?? He works soley for Kroenke, makes money for Kroenke, answers to no one. Go to a big European club and carry on like he has for the last decade and see what happens. The fans will be throwing bottles at him before his first, excuse riddled year is over, and there will be no AKB supporters club to protect the know it all.
He knows where his bread is buttered. Where else could he get £970 per hour (even while he sleeps)? Where else could he be the absolute dictator of the entire club? Where else would the board 'keep quiet' and never challenge him? Nowhere.

It makes me laugh to see him 'threaten' to leave whenever the press or the 'customers' at Cashburton piss him off. We all know it's bullshit. He doesn't have the bottle to leave. A lot of us wish he did.
foxinthebox2001 wrote:Its called earning a crust.
Did you seriously think he would be interested in coming back to us? putting out the cones, and handing the players the vests while Wenger steals his £8mil per season?
Manager of the month should be given to the squad as a whole. After all once again a good performance has emerged from a players meeting, not in the presence of Prof. Clueless.
Anyone who seriously believes Wenger is worthy of an award should watch the first 45 minuthes v Spurs. this is the culmination of almost 20 years working with the team, a shambolic display.
The song shouldn't be 'Ivan Gazidis, what the fuck do you do?', it should be 'Arsene Wenger, what the fuck do you do?' :barscarf:

Over £23K a day for a spectator who complains to the fourth official, make pre-arranged substitutes on 70 minutes (and later), looks ridiculous in his winter coat, fiddles with his zip like a senile grandfather and almost never gives any direction to the players on the pitch. He doesn't ever do 'tactics' either, apart from once or twice a season and that's usually because the players occasionally grow a brain and a spine and decided to take matters into their own hands, as the 96-06 sides did.

The only major success TOF had at the club was when he had players who were warriors with balls, bottle and spirit. Now it's all about Wenger and his young/cowardly players who have no clue what to do, because no-one ever tells them anything.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Pv4 screwed up Ashley's pay neg by basically telling him to demand ridiculous amount for a young fullback.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Blade wrote:Pv4 screwed up Ashley's pay neg by basically telling him to demand ridiculous amount for a young fullback.
The one that Cole left because we tried to fuck him around over £5k? £60k not really ridiculous money for arguably the best left-back in the world who is roughly 25.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

From his l'equipe interview -
"Today, my masochistic capability must be bigger so as to express my passion. I’ve reached that point. I do many things that make me suffer"
You do many more that make me suffer mon ami :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Arsène Wenger: Arsenal have ‘played many teams’ that were guilty of doping

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ng-arsenal

As in 'financial' doping? :lol: Chelsea, Man City, Bayern... not to mention oil barons Leicester and Dinamo Zagreb :barscarf:

Get rid of this deluded, self-righteous loser, please

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:PV4 has just been appointed as head coach of New York City FC - I wish him all the best and hope that he does an amazing job before returning home to take over from the senile French c.unt 8)
Since when has Arsenal been his home, he was just as mercenary as many other players we have had, he was always vying for a move before he eventually went.

Great player that he was, that's all he was, a great player but hawked himself out to the highest bidder.
Its called earning a crust.
Did you seriously think he would be interested in coming back to us? putting out the cones, and handing the players the vests while Wenger steals his £8mil per season?
Manager of the month should be given to the squad as a whole. After all once again a good performance has emerged from a players meeting, not in the presence of Prof. Clueless.
Anyone who seriously believes Wenger is worthy of an award should watch the first 45 minuthes v Spurs. this is the culmination of almost 20 years working with the team, a shambolic display.
And you think Wenger is still in a job worth anything between 7 and 100 million a year (according to this forum anyway :wink: ) without earning his crust :shock: :? seriously I know this forum is 99.9% anti wenger and I have often said his time is up but if you believe he hasn't earned his crust for Arsenal then your letting your hatred of the man cloud your judgement.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:PV4 has just been appointed as head coach of New York City FC - I wish him all the best and hope that he does an amazing job before returning home to take over from the senile French c.unt 8)
Since when has Arsenal been his home, he was just as mercenary as many other players we have had, he was always vying for a move before he eventually went.

Great player that he was, that's all he was, a great player but hawked himself out to the highest bidder.
100% agree. Great player, but in the end he looked after number 1 like all modern footballers.

Which is amazing given the adulation that chippy brady and henry (for example) get on here and amongst the wider Gooner community - seems ok for some players to move on but not for others
I put Henry in the same bracket as I would viera so not sure what your getting at there and I only know about Liam Brady being such a good player because my dad used to tell me about him and I am not sure whether or not he was vying for a move in his last 3 seasons as did the afore mentioned pair.

In fact at the end of henry's last 2 seasons I was actually thinking "just fucking go already" :roll:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:

And you think Wenger is still in a job worth anything between 7 and 100 million a year (according to this forum anyway :wink: ) without earning his crust :shock: :? seriously I know this forum is 99.9% anti wenger and I have often said his time is up but if you believe he hasn't earned his crust for Arsenal then your letting your hatred of the man cloud your judgement.
Nothing to do with hatred, its being realistic, we are in this situation in the EPL in spite of him being the coach, not because.
I guess you will not see if from this side, so lets find an example of how Wenger's stubborness and dithering holds the club back from maximising its potential.
I wont go back as far the summer when he refused to sign any outfield players, and even gloated about it in the AGM last month. Hows that policy working out for him now? running Alexis into the ground is a banker.
No, lets go back to Sunday. After 10 minutes when many fans and pundits were wondering what was up with Santi, the Spurs midfield were walking past him with impunity. He was obviously in trouble, and maybe that added to the view that we should have been 3-0 down by half time. Any half decent coach would have hooked him after 20 minutes.
Who knows we may even have gone in 0-0 if he had.
Just one of the too many to mention examples of his sheer incompetence.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:
foxinthebox2001 wrote:

Nothing to do with hatred, its being realistic, we are in this situation in the EPL in spite of him being the coach, not because.
I guess you will not see if from this side, so lets find an example of how Wenger's stubborness and dithering holds the club back from maximising its potential.
I wont go back as far the summer when he refused to sign any outfield players, and even gloated about it in the AGM last month. Hows that policy working out for him now? running Alexis into the ground is a banker.
No, lets go back to Sunday. After 10 minutes when many fans and pundits were wondering what was up with Santi, the Spurs midfield were walking past him with impunity. He was obviously in trouble, and maybe that added to the view that we should have been 3-0 down by half time. Any half decent coach would have hooked him after 20 minutes.
Who knows we may even have gone in 0-0 if he had.
Just one of the too many to mention examples of his sheer incompetence.
Good points. minus points for use of EPL. :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Did anyone else hear the mockumentary on R5L aired around 3pm on Thursday. I was doing the school run and they played out a drama set in 2035 and Wenger was still in charge at Arsenal. It was War of the Worlds stuff. Frightening thought an 85 year old Wenger still in charge...they overlooked that Diaby would be his assistant by that stage.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:Did anyone else hear the mockumentary on R5L aired around 3pm on Thursday. I was doing the school run and they played out a drama set in 2035 and Wenger was still in charge at Arsenal. It was War of the Worlds stuff. Frightening thought an 85 year old Wenger still in charge...they overlooked that Diaby would be his assistant by that stage.
Would. Not. Be. Surprised. At. All. :|

:wink:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Is he in France for TV duties? Hope he gets back safely if so. I mean that.

augie

Post by augie »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Is he in France for TV duties? Hope he gets back safely if so. I mean that.

He was in paris but was firmly entrenched in some French rapper when the explosions went off - the poor tart thought that he had improved his game as she really felt the earth move at the time, but she should know by now that arsene never changes his tactics/style :wink:

Too soon ? :oops: