Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:39 pm
The score will be a cricket score.
Pep will have mercy on his old apprentice

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I'd rather Jorginho play alongside Partey in a 4231 than have Vieira start.
It really would be a mistake to play him in a game of this magnitude and importance.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Same team as Southampton game with xhaka replacing Vieira

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:04 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:49 am
BFG4 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:32 am
When we were on a great run(pre Liverpool) I thought this would be one I'd be buzzing for as the biggest game of the season but it's now just an acceptance of the inevitable that we are losing this(possibly in a humiliation). In order to win tonight, we would need a huge adjustment tactically but I don't think Arteta is capable of it. On top of that, with Holding in at CB, it's a nightmare waiting to happen. Throw in Partey being dogshit in midfield lately and having Xhaka alongside him and we are truly fucked. 4-0 City :(
These are my thoughts/fears aswell BFG :cry: I fear a savage and heavy beating :cry: I think they'll go 3 or 4 up then they'll toy with us like a cat with a bird it's caught in the back garden :(

Love your turn of phrase Falky, it makes me laugh even when it's not supposed to. You have a way with words my Caledonian friend...the Rabbie Burns of the OG. :barscarf:
Maybe Taggart will come roond the corner n say "Thurs been a murder" at aboot 830 :oops:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Mahrez has caused us problems in the past.
Happy he's not playing

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:39 pm
The score will be a cricket score.
Regardless of what might happen this is football, anything can happen and you are looking like a WUM with your pathetic negativity now.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:55 pm
But....but..... :lol:

Twitter? :wink:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Of course we can win this.
Far too much negativity on this forum.
Of course we might lose but thinking we're getting a hiding before stepping on the pitch is just negative. City have already lost at home this season and they made tough work out of Sheffield United .

We've scored only one fewer goal than them even with their long haired barbie up front.
Keep the faith!

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Their wings are there to be got at.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 am
We’ve already blown it against West Ham and Southampton. Total waste of a season.
You're right in us blowing it against West Ham & the Saints but I don't think the season has been a total waste. We've done far better than anyone expected and played some fantastic football.
The downside is after leading the pack for so long it now looks like we'll finish runners up. This is what's bugging everyone.
Last edited by Midz on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Thynker wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:05 pm
Of course we can win this.
Far too much negativity on this forum.
Of course we might lose but thinking we're getting a hiding before stepping on the pitch is just negative. City have already lost at home this season and they made tough work out of Sheffield United .

We've scored only one fewer goal than them even with their long haired barbie up front.
Keep the faith!
Love the forum I really do but have to agree with my old man who stopped reading due to some of the pathetic negativity.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:04 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:04 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

:lol:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Midz wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:07 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 am
We’ve already blown it against West Ham and Southampton. Total waste of a season.
You're right in us blowing it against West Ham & the Saints but I don't think the season has been a total waste. We've done far better than anyone expected and played some fantastic football.
The downside is after leading the pack for so long it now looks like we'll finish runners up. This is what's bugging everyone.
We were on target for relegation at start of last season and blew CL football. This season we've secured CL football with 6 left to play. Definite progress and if we don't do it this year, we'll be even better next year.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thankfully avoided the nervous build up to this point as I've literally got back from a business trip and sat down exhausted

Trying to only think positively - please let this be one of those nights where logic goes out of the window and we defy expectations

Haven't had time to even check out the team but news that Vieira isn't playing isn't surprising and is welcomed.

Everything crossed....