Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will he ?

Have a statue erected after 30 glorious years service?
9%
Be a success, pick up a few trophies and put the club back on an even keel?
27%
Be a moderate success, before handing over to a more high profile successor?
20%
Be an utter fucking disaster?
45%

Total votes: 101

Clummo99

Re: Mikel Arteta, success or failure? - Merged thread.

Post by Clummo99 »

Think you misunderstood my point or I didn't get it across very well.

I'm not defending or trying to justify Arteta's decisions at all. I was generalising about young players.

Prodigious talents like Saka don't require much nurturing. They're ready at a very early age but you yourself and others have often asked is he's playing too much football for one of such age? It's easy to say throw the youngsters in but you have to be aware of possible burnout.

And Smith-Rowe is still a kid. I'd love to be as "old" as 20 again! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 am

I'm not defending or trying to justify Arteta's decisions at all. I was generalising about young players.

Prodigious talents like Saka don't require much nurturing. They're ready at a very early age but you yourself and others have often asked is he's playing too much football for one of such age? It's easy to say throw the youngsters in but you have to be aware of possible burnout.

I would absolutely rest saka and tierney and a few of the others but I would be selective on what games I would rest them in - arteta played tierney in a game a couple of months ago that there was no need to play him in (think it was fa cup game pre southampton), and he then missed a few weeks on the back of it.

20 years old seems a lifetime ago to me :cry: When I look at what the chicks are up for these days, I almost cry with jealousy for what the young lads nowadays practically have on tap. I'm reminded of a hugh grant line from the four weddings and a funeral movie ....... I'm beginning to wonder wtf I did with my time :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:09 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 am

I would absolutely rest saka and tierney and a few of the others but I would be selective on what games I would rest them in - arteta played tierney in a game a couple of months ago that there was no need to play him in (think it was fa cup game pre southampton), and he then missed a few weeks on the back of it.

20 years old seems a lifetime ago to me :cry: When I look at what the chicks are up for these days, I almost cry with jealousy for what the young lads nowadays practically have on tap. I'm reminded of a hugh grant line from the four weddings and a funeral movie ....... I'm beginning to wonder wtf I did with my time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhh you country boys and your lack of poon... :cry: :lol:

Of the two major cities (London and Dublin) I've lived in as an adult (rather than just visited) the biggest sluts I met were Oirish country girls - and Ingerlish women in general. :D 8)

I do not know what is wrong with you culchie lads that you cannot get any but the poon is there on tap and always has been. :-P

:wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thought I had posted this earlier. Anyway second attempt

https://instagram.com/stories/ga_martin ... 5re0qgj9cz

Martinelli put up a video of him training which looks like CF drills. If he is being converted then why no game time

augie

Post by augie »

Pep's cone boy comments on martinelli -

"He trains incredibly well every day. His attitude cannot be any better. He is really disappointed that he is not playing more obviously.

"I have spoken to him, but he needs to be a little bit patient. He's had some minutes, he's had some games as well."

Had some minutes and games ??? When the fcuk did that happen ?? He has got the grand total of 13 minutes (against benfica) in the least 10 matches :banghead:

Another pearler

"And it's true that the competition now for the front positions is very tough and he needs to be patient and he will get his chance."

Like willian and pepe I suppose ? If he cant get game time ahead of them then he needs to get a different job. Useless c.unts both of them, and yet the spanish clown has the cheek to come out and talk up those 2 as a reason why martinelli gets no game time.

Fcuk off :censored: :censored:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arteta - I looked up the meaning of the name, it means dark hairy c.unt in Spanish. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:17 pm
Arteta - I looked up the meaning of the name, it means dark hairy c.unt in Spanish. :barscarf:
That is such a childish comment.

I love it. :lol: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:17 pm
Hey! Don't ruin dark hairy c.unts for me!!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

72 games in charge and he's lost 20 of them

Nobody, including him, has a clue what our best team is

3 transfer windows and a squad still packed full of c.unts

6 more games before he's managed the exact same number as Emery - great progress made!

The worst experiment in the club's history and still it goes on......

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:14 am
72 games in charge and he's lost 20 of them

Nobody, including him, has a clue what our best team is

3 transfer windows and a squad still packed full of c.unts

6 more games before he's managed the exact same number as Emery - great progress made!

The worst experiment in the club's history and still it goes on......

And still the media are w*nking themselves silly over this narrative about how strong a manager he is, and how all the players support him :roll: Last night's performances was just the latest in a line of disinterested lazy cant be arsed performances - he cant motivate them, cant organise them tactically, and has no clue about identifying shit players or good one's. He takes a key player in our upturn in form (smith-rowe) out of his best position so that he can play the world and it's mother there. He continually picks the worse centre midfielder we have had in the club in the last 20 years. He continues to play a has been chav reject ahead of our brightest young player for years (martinelli). He takes out the only proper number 9 we have in the team (laca) when he is bang in form and scoring goals. The list goes on and on .......

The guy is clueless but has an amazing pr team cos somebody is driving this bullsh.it narrative about how good of a job he is doing :roll: :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It's going to be some craic in here if we get Villareal at some point in the elge.
Poor Augie and Stevo wont know who to cheer on :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:35 am
It's going to be some craic in here if we get Villareal at some point in the elge.

Honestly I have moved on from emery except when it comes to relating the woeful lob sided bullshit view of arteta’s performance and this perceived improvement. If people on here all recognised that emery was in fact doing a better job than pep’s coneboy, then there would never be a need to discuss him again

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:36 pm
goonersid wrote:

Honestly I have moved on from emery except when it comes to relating the woeful lob sided bullshit view of arteta’s performance and this perceived improvement. If people on here all recognised that emery was in fact doing a better job than pep’s coneboy, then there would never be a need to discuss him again
Half and half scarves for Augie and SteveO for their "semi" :barscarf:

I'm going to be absolutely fucking unbearable on here until that game I do apologise :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Of course he was doing better than Arteta but only until he lost the players.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:40 pm
augie wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Half and half scarves for Augie and SteveO for their "semi" :barscarf:

I'm going to be absolutely fucking unbearable on here until that game I do apologise :lol:

More puerile shit? :lol: :barscarf: