The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RobG

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by RobG »

NickF wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:48 pm
Call me cynical but the Lemar bid smacks of typical Arsenal - make a huge bid knowing it is not going to be accepted. They can then say at least we tried...

Nutshell!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:12 pm
Barca considering a 60m bid for Ozil, yeah right :lol:
Well their window doesn't close til tomorrow..maybe Sanchez could still hop it aswell..

silus

Post by silus »

So we're going to have Sanchez wanting to leave and probably "injured" for the next few months , we have Mustafi who wants to leave, the club were happy to sell and can't get in the team because left backs are playing in his position, we have Ramsey apparently falling out with Wenger at Liverpool then getting hauled off and now tweeting about players leaving.
It must be a cracking atmosphere in the dressing room!!!

It's going to be a complete cluster fuck of a season....and sick bastard that i am, I'm sort of looking forward to it.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

silus wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:27 pm
So we're going to have Sanchez wanting to leave and probably "injured" for the next few months , we have Mustafi who wants to leave, the club were happy to sell and can't get in the team because left backs are playing in his position, we have Ramsey apparently falling out with Wenger at Liverpool then getting hauled off and now tweeting about players leaving.

It's going to be a complete cluster fuck of a season....and sick bastard that i am, I'm sort of looking forward to it.
Same. It is so stale, boring and predictable on the field under this regime it will be more entertaining to see things fall to pieces. Bring on the chaos.

:barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

20 teams in the league and the club that made the least amount of signings with two (one of which was on a free) -

ARSEHOLE WANKA FC :barscarf:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

So 92m bid for alemar turned down..yeah right. What about the so called late Draxler bid. That died a death quickly. Half arsed bullshit waffle about transfers attempts, sum up the lying feckers ambitions, the lot of them are frauds

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

C'mon guys deep in your hearts did you honestly expect anything else? :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Top quality players will not want to come to a club in crisis, especially where a manager deliberates over accepting a short term contract over the best part of a season...
Top quality players want to leave our club because we are in crisis, and are prepared to take a pay cut in the process...

We are a club in crisis....

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Crisis club! Shambles! Embarrassing! Implosion!
The day has finally arrived that most have been expecting for at least a couple of years.
Usmanov needs to strike and take control now. Wenger must bite his pride and go now!
This is like a bad marriage that has turned toxic and no amount of mediation will mend it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I knew things were bad at the club but the events of this past week have genuinely left me stunned - things are worse, far worse than probably any of us realised.

Arsenal now we are out of the top 4 are going to sink fast and nobody at the club has a clue what to do about it. Even if we now sack Wenger it will take years to get back to compete again. Wenger is going to go down in history as our worst ever manager (albeit for a brief period one of our best).

This is no longer Groundhog Day - things are getting really bad and the club is now out of control, overseen by a mad man, and an owner who is more interested in his US sports franchises.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

I love it :D :D :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:09 pm
Well thank fuck we managed to fight off all those offers for Walcott,eh?
Forgot about him....

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:09 pm
Well thank fuck we managed to fight off all those offers for Walcott,eh?
:D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

This is such a complete farce that it seems appropriate to paraphrase Oscar Wilde...

"There is only one thing worse than selling Alexis Sanchez, and that is not selling Alexis Sanchez."

I am not sure he will grizzle and sulk, but he is hardly going to be putting in 100%. Still, never mind, as Wenger said, not being in the CL wouldn't have a major impact on anything. That's a relief, it must mean that Lemar & Co signed for us after all.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

silus wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Me too. Rather a complete clusterfuck than treading water.

Don't forget we were happy to entertain bids for Chambers as well. :barscarf:

It has to go down in flames. :barscarf: