The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Fake News Summer Transfer Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:09 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm
worthing_gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Rob Holding liked the post as well - I think it's pretty bloody obvious Wenger has lost the dressing room completely. We've got a weaker squad, we've got two players in Ozil and Sanchez who won't sign on, we had Ox who took a pay cut to go to Liverpool...

Writing is on the wall! :barscarf: It's going to get worse before it gets better mind.
Which post is that mate? :?
Been taken down now, but Ramsey came out on his Instagram saying disappointing to see another British lad go from the squad, will be missed and ended it with #shaaambles
:shock: Wow! One of wenker's love children speaking out!

#wengerout
Funniest thing was Arsenal media dept desperately trying to claim "Shambles" was a nickname given to the Ox. When you're in a hole, stop digging
Sorry to rain on your parade here lads but "Shambles" is indeed The Ox's nickname. Rob Holding was on Soccer AM last week doing that "Team mates" thing and he revealed that they called Ox "Shambles" because he turns up either late or at the very last minute for everything. So no "rebellion" from Messi-Lite then... as if that would ever fucking happen in a billion years... :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

So glad we got Lemar, i know £92 million is a lot but he'll be worth it in the long run :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The funniest thing for me is we have gone from being a football club that dabbled in business to being a business that dabbles in football... and is absolutely shite at doing business! :lol: :oops: :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:23 am
The funniest thing for me is we have gone from being a football club that dabbled in business to being a business that dabbles in football... and is absolutely shite at doing business! :lol: :oops: :lol:
And spurs, who have a very good defence (good record last season), have made 3 of 4 new signings, defenders.

You can't look at any of our defensive options and be comfortable, especially with Wenger seemingly throwing names in the air as his selection policy. :shock: :roll:

General

Post by General »

As usual, the media has whipped the fans into a frenzy making people believe that the lack of transfer activity spells disaster when in reality the problems go deeper than that. Wonga has no coherent squad building strategy and he won't even play the ones he bought in the summer in the most important game of the season. The club is frightened by an out of control wage bill and their sole objective this summer was to bring it down which they've managed to achieve whiles making a profit in the transfer market. Kroenke is going to be mightily pleased and unless we get dragged into a relegation battle, the fraud is going nowhere. He has cite many mitigating factors to justify any disaster that might emerge in the coming months.

Our season now solely hinges on how well we do at home because this squad is simply not good enough to consistently pick points away from home. You won't go creating a negative atmosphere are home now will you?

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Clubs which spent in the 40 - 50 million bracket: Arsenal, West Ham, Huddersfield, Burnley, West Brom.

These must be the 'Europe's elite' with which we are going to compete.

Everton, Victims, Scum, Leicester, and Watford all spent more.

Wenger is on the verge of proving his economic model is league-winning stuff.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Big club ???? £200 million war chest???? :banghead:

We spent £9 million LESS than Watford, £3 million more than Huddersfield and £5 million more than Burnley.

Such ambition shown once again . . . . .

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think we had a chance just after we signed Lacazette. If we had gone in with a big money offer for Lemar he would have joined. After that Wenger should have signed a defender and midfielder.
After the start of the season and the unrest and poor performances and the fan and media backlash there was no way Lemar would sign.
It means we can't attract top players anymore which means we have no chance of top 4 and will drop further.
I also think more players will want to leave and Sanchez is going to be hard to handle for the club.
Kroenke is using Arsenal as a cash cow and Wenger is implicit in this regard. We need our club back but don't see any easy solution to this.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Ffs will you stop whingeing you miserable ungrateful bastards. £17.8m profit, players who don't want to play for us.....
REJOICE REJOICE

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

So the reinforcements definitely aren't coming, right??

No doubt he will be the first to pounce in January.

Arsene Knows....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Why do i have the feeling the Stan/Arsene conversation about contract renewal was along the lines of:

SK: 'Arsene you've lost me £40M CL money, can you make it back'

AW: 'Of course Stan, transfer window is just around the corner'

SK: 'Ok Arsene you can keep your job if you balance the books'

silus

Post by silus »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 am
Big club ???? £200 million war chest???? :banghead:

We spent £9 million LESS than Watford, £3 million more than Huddersfield and £5 million more than Burnley.

Such ambition shown once again . . . . .
Our "warchest" must be bigger than Natalies new one.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Block93 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:01 am
This is such a complete farce that it seems appropriate to paraphrase Oscar Wilde...

"There is only one thing worse than selling Alexis Sanchez, and that is not selling Alexis Sanchez."

I am not sure he will grizzle and sulk, but he is hardly going to be putting in 100%. Still, never mind, as Wenger said, not being in the CL wouldn't have a major impact on anything. That's a relief, it must mean that Lemar & Co signed for us after all.
even if we'd got into the be all and end all cup we would have had exactly the same window, we always have the same disaster of a window, nothing changes because the club wont change, egomaniacs frauds and incompetents in control of a slow car crash, well I've news for them, here comes the wall!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

We have followed the Financial Fair Play rules!.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember Wengers soap box bollocks on this, perhaps he can explain his countries PSG!...
The Wenger Alternate Universe.... :blah: :blah: :blah:
To be fair a lot of the support backed Wenger on this, gullible twats!... :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Without a shadow of doubt, this was the best (by far) transfer window we have had for many a season - people complaining about our lack of spending should look back to last summer when wenker spent approx. £100m, and ask yourselves whether ye would have been happy letting him loose with that type of kitty yesterday :speechless: :mrgnu:
On top of that you would have to say that wenker's position is looking more and more untenable after this summers transfer window - I was gutted to see the ox leave, but I am delighted that he left for more money and cant be accused as greed being the reason he left. Most of us knew and accepted that things were gonna have to get a lot worse before they get better - we were treading water under the French cock, and it appears that our decision makers were very comfortable with that scenario - they cannot ignore the fact that our players are queuing up to get away from the club, and no half decent player will be willing to join us in this current mess, and the board will know that a shit load of abuse will be raining down on them in the current weeks and months. The squad we had a month ago wasn't gonna be good enough to get us back in the top 4, but now it is a total shitfest and even the Thursday cup might be beyond us (another bonus coming from this shitfest 8) ).

Obviously I am delighted with events in the last month cos the end of le cock is almost upon us - even if he lasts the rest of this season, it is as long as he will get and his reign of terror will be over. As long as the senile old c.unt isn't let loose with the transfer kitty in January, a new manager will be taking over next summer with a very healthy transfer kitty and an almost blank canvas to start building the type of team he wants. Many of the players who have been key components of our malaise of recent years will have gone, and no doubt next summer will see the departure of many more as the likes of ramsey will only have 12 months left on his contract. I always predicted that le cock would leave us in dire mess when he left, but even I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. It will take the next manager years to straighten this fiasco out, but as long as he is moving the club forward and trying to make us challengers again, I will support him. I really hope that the next manager is a more pragmatic guy who dispenses with this lovely football ethos, and turns us back into a team which will be exceptional defensively - this club has always been built on a strong defense and people seem to forget that. Being hard to beat was always the hallmark of great AFC teams, and if that means sacrificing the notion of beautiful silky football (a distant memory anyway), then bring it on as far as I am concerned :barscarf: