ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

goonertux wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:35 pm
If the rumours of Aubameyang to Manure are true, that’s a disgrace! In my opinion it ranks alongside Van Persie. Don’t care if it brings in much needed funds, he’s our top scorer FFS! That can’t be allowed to happen again.
31 goals last year...goalscorers are hard to find

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonertux wrote:
If the rumours of Aubameyang to Manure are true, that’s a disgrace! In my opinion it ranks alongside Van Persie. Don’t care if it brings in much needed funds, he’s our top scorer FFS! That can’t be allowed to happen again.
agreed

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 pm
goonertux wrote:
True. I hope he stays even though I don't rate him as a top world class striker. He scores a lot but fuck me he misses some amount of sitters. Still I'd rather he stays tbh.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SSN -

Zaha wants to leave Palace.

Stay in London

Play in Europe :wink:

A bid is expected :shock:

I dread to think what our opening offer would be :lol: :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:39 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:34 pm
Aubameyang to ManUre.......allegedly
If a rookie kid with less than 1 full season in the premier league can command a transfer fee of £50m,
that is mindblowing that they would pay that. that shows how desperate they are.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:04 pm
SSN -

Zaha wants to leave Palace.

Stay in London

Play in Europe :wink:

A bid is expected :shock:

I dread to think what our opening offer would be :lol: :lol:
There is a sell on clause in his contract after he rejoined Palace from Man Utd..Palace wanted this dropped as part of the Wan Bissaka deal but Utd refused..This will obviously push up the asking price by Palace..Maybe Arsenal could add in a few players as part of a deal..Xhaka and Mustafi and maybe Iwobi..On second thoughts that may drive the price up further.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:41 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:15 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:50 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:28 pm

I looked at Wikipedia and it said he's only played 102 times for them since 2015 He was injured in 2016/17 then last year too .
VAn Dijk and Wanyama and Dembele were all imports themselves not a comparison !
I'm not saying he cant play but can he defend ,the premiership is a hard place to play !
PS Have u seen the clubs website ,its still listing all the players who have left on it .
Wish they were as slow as that asking for the season ticket money !
Thinking about it, when i did see Van Dijk at Celtic, always looked like he was in second gear, hardly breaking sweat
What about Rodgers at Leicester how come he's not in for him, £20 million would probably clinch the deal

Tbf, chilwell aint no bad full back either - people get hung up on players and what other clubs are in for them, but the reality is that no-one was in for torreira last season and he was a great piece of business. The way I would look at it is similar to the way I look at our own situation - Tierney might well be an upgrade at left full for most teams in the premier league, but a lot of those other teams might be prioritizing other positions in the same way that we are/should be prioritizing our defence over everything else. I honestly feel that the Robertson is the only left full that is better than him in the premier league - chilwell and the kid at citeeh (zinchenko sp :oops: ) are both decent full backs to the point that their clubs could argue that the left back isn't a position of need for them.
Nothing to do with him being a Celtic player :roll:

I've seen him play and he's bang average, playing in the Scottish league is akin to playing women's football ffs.

He is not fit to lace robertsons boots, or Alonso who is superb and infinitely better than the sweaty sock, Digne at Everton is better, Mendy at city the same.

Tbf I could go through all the pl and the championship.

You're embarrassing yourself now - Alonso is a shocking left back and I would have either monreal or kolasniac ahead of him, and both of them are shit :roll: Defensively he has been raped continually down the chavs left side, and he wasn't even getting his place in their team at the end of the season :oops: :oops:

Not face to lace robertson's boots now, but did you say that when robertson was at hull ? Before he got into the victims team I constantly said that he was a good full back and should be starting for them - 2 years later playing in the premier league and champions league has improved him immensely, so maybe give tierney 2 years in premier league before you compare him to the 2018/2019 robertson :roll:

Love the celtic dig btw - I mean I'm Irish so I must be a big celtic fan right ? I picked out 1 player from an average team playing in an average league, but that equates to me being bias towards all celtic players and over-rating them cos they play for celtic :lol: Is this the part where you also start bringing in some secterian shit as well ? Said it before and I will say it again, you are an absolute bellend who only ever comes on here to knock something someone else says, but hey if that floats your boat you work away :roll:
Alonso shocking, ffs you really know fuck all about football I shall ignore your posts from now on like I'd ignore a women's take on cricket :roll: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I can maybe accept it when the meeja make up some shite about players going to leave us, but the least they could do is come up with a transfer fee more reflective of his value - auba came to us 2 years ago, has scored a bag of goals since, and these clowns reckon that we will be aiming to get the same type of money that we paid for him ? :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ubameyang/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The Sun article reads

"Sun Sport reported yesterday that the Gabon star had reportedly “said yes” to a summer switch to Old Trafford"

So they are reporting that somebody else had reported something.....well that's highly corroborated then isn't it :rubchin:

They might as well have used "allegedly" instead of reportedly :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The same Sun reporter as above has us back in for Cahill quoting 90 mins who are the same source who rubbished the Auba deal above :lol:

But as it's a free deal it has a whiff of Arsenal desperation about it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ea-cahill/

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 pm
goonertux wrote:
True. I hope he stays even though I don't rate him as a top world class striker. He scores a lot but fuck me he misses some amount of sitters. Still I'd rather he stays tbh.
still annoyed by that penalty miss against the scum at Wembley

augie

Post by augie »

I'm expecting a rumour any day now saying that we are about to bid for messi - why we are being linked with the likes of Zaha and Madison when we only have £45m to spend is beyond me :roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

All these bullshit unsubstantiated rumours have more than a whiff of the latter day Wenger period theatrics.

At the time I was semi-convinced some of the bollocks was being deliberately leaked by the club just to generate some sort of interest while full well knowing that little to nothing substantial was going to happen. It helped to avoid supporters asking serious questions over club transfer policy prior to the season starting as after that point everyone becomes more interested in the football again and accepts nothing can be changed.

Not sure there's much of a need for it now Wiggy has complete control but as they say old habits die hard :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:13 pm
All these bullshit unsubstantiated rumours have more than a whiff of the latter day Wenger period theatrics.

At the time I was semi-convinced some of the bollocks was being deliberately leaked by the club just to generate some sort of interest while full well knowing that little to nothing substantial was going to happen. It helped to avoid supporters asking serious questions over club transfer policy prior to the season starting as after that point everyone becomes more interested in the football again and accepts nothing can be changed.

Not sure there's much of a need for it now Wiggy has complete control but as they say old habits die hard :rubchin:

Agree 100% that was probably happening then, but this summer the world and it's mother knows that emery has been given a vanarama club transfer budget, so only the most innocent/mentally retarded (like aftv Robbie on Zaha rumours :roll: ) is buying into the hype/rumours. I would actually say that this time, all those rumours about us signing these expensive players is putting more pressure and scrutiny on us as one of the biggest clubs in the world, and the shameful budget dick has

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Any player wants to leave the club - just let them fuck off. Just wish Ozil would change his mind & piss off !. :barscarf: :barscarf: