FA Cup QF Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
VoiceOfReason

Re: FA Cup QF Draw

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Gunnersaurus wrote:The Manchester United v Arsenal game could be the biggest game in this season’s FA Cup and we want as many football fans as possible to enjoy this.
If people were that bothered about seeing the match, they'd make a point of watching it irrespective of what time the game is played. BBC has completely reversed all logic, and is now prioritising viewers who aren't particularly fussed about the game; whilst the hardcore Arsenal fans get pushed aside in the process.

I've never understood why BBC is bothered about ratings, either. They're not a commercial station, and don't rely on ratings to draw in advertisers. Even if its Saturday night, prime-time programming drew only 50 viewers, they'd still have the full TV licensing money in their back pocket.

The only solution is to boycott the game entirely, but football's such a popular commodity that there will be no end of people lining up to fork over their money. In a way, football's immense popularity will also be its demise.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

So are we going to use our full allocation or not?

And is that one single Virgin train going to get stormed by desperate Gooners? :?

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

As nothing on the ticket section, I am looking for two memberships with 5+ credits to assign to an order. I am on the trusted list.

Cheers

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

olgitgooner wrote:So are we going to use our full allocation or not?

And is that one single Virgin train going to get stormed by desperate Gooners? :?
From what I heard, there's already 700 scousers on the train.

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

Booked train and hotel, but the question is, where is everyone gonna drink?? All the pubs near the ground are mancs only, wanna find a pub with loads of other gooners

Bro

Post by Bro »

SurreyGooner wrote:Booked train and hotel, but the question is, where is everyone gonna drink?? All the pubs near the ground are mancs only, wanna find a pub with loads of other gooners
Dunno if they'll still be doing it but when I went up there last season around 100-150 gooners went to the premier inn, they let us all use their bar which is quite decent. The only entry fee was a supposed small charity donation of about a quid or whatever so I assume they'd do the same again this year.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I used to go up there on a regular bassis and always found a boozer or two nearby to use. No problem.

Are they strictly home fan only, with you having to show your ticket?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:The Manchester United v Arsenal game could be the biggest game in this season’s FA Cup and we want as many football fans as possible to enjoy this.
If people were that bothered about seeing the match, they'd make a point of watching it irrespective of what time the game is played. BBC has completely reversed all logic, and is now prioritising viewers who aren't particularly fussed about the game; whilst the hardcore Arsenal fans get pushed aside in the process.

I've never understood why BBC is bothered about ratings, either. They're not a commercial station, and don't rely on ratings to draw in advertisers. Even if its Saturday night, prime-time programming drew only 50 viewers, they'd still have the full TV licensing money in their back pocket.

The only solution is to boycott the game entirely, but football's such a popular commodity that there will be no end of people lining up to fork over their money. In a way, football's immense popularity will also be its demise.
I increasingly think that the BBC has taken back the FA Cup purely as something to boost viewing figures with and they have just tried to hide behind this pretence of the "magic of the cup" By not showing any of the Bradford games they are basically saying look we are able to show a couple of PL matches to viewers for free.

i am personally increasingly sickened by the dilution of matches in every cup competition going these days to the extent that I can barely be bothered to watch any of it. this week has just been overkill - Monday the United cup match, Tuesday the Chelsea euro match, Wednesday more boring CL, Thursday, the europa league boreathon. I can just about stomach the CL group stages but this round of last 16 being spread over EIGHT nights and about 5 weeks is excrutiating. The EURO 2016 qualifiers were killed off by Platini and the FA Cup has now been destroyed by the BBC - the QFs are just long drawn out torture, then the final is not going to be played until May 30th!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:So are we going to use our full allocation or not?

From what I heard, there's already 700 scousers on the train.

There 'were' 700 scousers, but they have all now departed the train - Taking with them, the wheels, the doors, the windows, seats, luggage racks and the toilet fittings. :D

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

£38.00 Adults/£19.00 Over 65/£31.20 18-20 years of age/£19.00 16-17 years of age/£10.00 Under 16 (Away Ticket Scheme members will be issued tickets at this price) - Blocks E230,E231, E232 - All tickets at this price are now sold out

That's about 3,000 gone already this morning.

UlsterGooner

Post by UlsterGooner »

Surely wouldn't be as many as 3000 on away scheme and on 5+

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

UlsterGooner wrote:Surely wouldn't be as many as 3000 on away scheme and on 5+
Much more than that I'd say. 3,000 allocations in the league selling out at 20+, I'd say there'd be about 5,000 to 6,000

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

The site seems beyond the normal rate of sluggish.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Is it sold out already.

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

wilko49er wrote:Is it sold out already.
We sold 8600 tickets on a monday night at 5+?! Where does it say sold out?