Manure at home

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Manure at home

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Bet there were a few here disappointed not to see golden boy Martial score...

There are still glaring deficiencies in that side considering the money they've spent. I know that Shaw is injured but this notion that United have average wingers like Valencia and Young who can supposedly play at full-back is laughable. At least we never tried Gervinho at LB!!!

Surprised that more hasn't been made of how off the pace Schweinsteiger has been. I read the reports about his legs being gone over the summer with some doubt but they're starting to look pretty accurate.

Rooney is on the way down which isn't a surprise given his natural bodyshape/fitness and the tremendous amount of PL, CL and international football he's played for a bloke of his age.

They will have some good runs this season and will get top 4 along with us but they are a long way from champions material even in this poor PL.
Agree with all this. Particularly Schweinsteiger - he is about 5 years past the point where he should have joined the PL.

We were brilliant for about 25 minutes and very effective for the rest. Yes, it was a poor Manure performance but I'd like to think that was partly down to us not letting them play.

For all the Ozil doubters, yesterday showed what a subtle touch of class he is. He is a very intelligent player with real vision. Yep - he don't run around like a headless Aaaron Ramsey but I'd rather have the class than the ass tbh because Rambo was awful again. He ran and ran (and fair play to him for that) but he was rubbish with the ball again.

Wally worked his ass off and fair play too. Even the Big German Vagina gave his all so credit where credit is due.

Sanchez is different class. I'd be amazed if we can hang onto him.

A great win. 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I'm surprised some posters have criticised Theo for his performance yesterday. For me his performance showed exactly what he offers over Giroud.

If you watch the French lampost when he's in the box he rarely moves more than a couple of yards, making it very easy for the centre backs. Wally's movement was excellent and he regularly dragged the CBs from one side of the penalty box to the other, creating space for others.

Additionally. he directly set up Ozil.

I can't see him ever being the clinical finisher we need, but I am converted to his benefits over Giroud.

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:I'm surprised some posters have criticised Theo for his performance yesterday. For me his performance showed exactly what he offers over Giroud.

If you watch the French lampost when he's in the box he rarely moves more than a couple of yards, making it very easy for the centre backs. Wally's movement was excellent and he regularly dragged the CBs from one side of the penalty box to the other, creating space for others.

Additionally. he directly set up Ozil.

I can't see him ever being the clinical finisher we need, but I am converted to his benefits over Giroud.

In fairness though, you aint setting the bar very high there are you ?

Most will say that wally worked his nuts off on sunday, but at the top level you need more than a worker as your only striker and lets be honest and say that he never looked like scoring yesterday

armchair

Post by armchair »

We scored three against Man U. Walcott got a couple of assists and played very well defensively and was a threat going forward. Thats the reality.
Ffs let the Walcott hate slide for once. :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i see John Cross gave Walcott a 9/10 and man of the match for yesterday :shock:

i do think he is better than Giroud but still would rather he played on the right than upfront.
if he did and then was able to provide balls to a world class striker then we would win the league.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:i see John Cross gave Walcott a 9/10 and man of the match for yesterday :shock:

i do think he is better than Giroud but still would rather he played on the right than upfront.
if he did and then was able to provide balls to a world class striker then we would win the league.
Sorry, but no. :|

armchair

Post by armchair »

I agree Id much prefer Theo on the wing with a top, top striker :D as cf. I do find the constant sniping at him by augie even when he has a good game a bit much though. :wink:
:D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Best atmosphere at the emirates for a while yesterday, I have lost my voice today! The intensity of our game in the first 30 minutes was something that very few teams can live with. We just need to be more consistent.

Sanchez is fast becoming an Arsenal legend. He is one of the few Arsenal players that when he is subbed you know he has given 110%. Shame he wasn't around in 2004, he would have fitted in very well with that team and not been out of place.

Walcott has proven that he offers our team soo much more up front than Giroud, his movement pace and passing was top draw yesterday.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

decent win, job done after 20 minutes. can't argue with that.

saw the same kind of thing couple of years ago in the Champions League when we beat Napoli 2-0 (goals scored in first 15 minutes)

the thing is......these are rare events. when will we next turn up like that? if it is next month then great and I stand to be corrected, however I am still unconvinced, especially as our strikers Walcott and Giroud hardly look as though they will be scoring prolifically this season

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

armchair wrote:I agree Id much prefer Theo on the wing with a top, top striker :D as cf. I do find the constant sniping by augie a bit much though. :wink:
:D
Bit unfair mate, think Augie stopped sniping for 20 minutes yesterday afternoon :lol: :lol: :lol:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Always nice to get one over that Augustus Gloop-looking sex pest of a manager they have and their glory hunting fans.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Just :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Don't know if I'm looking forward to this but here we go, had a few glasses of wine (yes I'm gay :wink: ) and just topping up from a wedding reception last night but please fuckin please beat these cunnts :barscarf:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Since when has it been permissible for members of the gay community to advocate violence against the opposite sex just because they also prefer a bit of cock? :rubchin: :lol: Jealousy is not an admirable attribute Lefty. :lol: :lol: :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I was in Block 10, North Bank lower. Went to the game expecting us to lose, so was totally ecstatic with the way we went for them from the off. I think we stood off them in the second half,(when I thought we should have tried to totally fuck them), but haven't enjoyed a game at the bowl so much for ages. We showed glimpses of what we should be! Next game for me is Bayern Munich.....please don't let it be the hangover after a great party!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Don't know if I'm looking forward to this but here we go, had a few glasses of wine (yes I'm gay :wink: ) and just topping up from a wedding reception last night but please fuckin please beat these cunnts :barscarf:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Since when has it been permissible for members of the gay community to advocate violence against the opposite sex just because they also prefer a bit of cock? :rubchin: :lol: Jealousy is not an admirable attribute Lefty. :lol: :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Nice one skunk monk :barscarf: :lol: