Marseille away - Match and Travel Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

flash gunner wrote:Give it a rest lads :roll:
What, the wanking off over blokes and trannies? :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

frankbutcher wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Give it a rest lads :roll:
What, the wanking off over blokes and trannies? :?
:D Yep just like the trannies themselves its never pretty

Gilles Grimandi

Post by Gilles Grimandi »

safcftm wrote:"we want Eboue back" banner in the arsenal end :lol:
I'd love to see the email from arsenal if it was mooted that it was going to make an appearance at a home game: "dear supporter, we fully support wengers decision to fuck eboue off and therefore can not allow the banner into the emirates. Just like eboue, we hope never to see it again"
I'll let you know what they say on Sunday :wink:

GG

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

This thread proves my point made earlier this week - more than happy to read both positive and negative viewpoints and there are good posters on both sides......but there is little point posting anything remotely different to the views of the loudest / constant (and often boring) threadmakers on here as it just results in a pointless argument nobody wants to read, with the former often resulting to pointless insults, that, if where actually said to someone in reality, would result in them getting punched in the face.

Some good posters still on here, but becoming harder and harder to find inside all the rubbish.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:This thread proves my point made earlier this week - more than happy to read both positive and negative viewpoints and there are good posters on both sides......but there is little point posting anything remotely different to the views of the loudest / constant (and often boring) threadmakers on here as it just results in a pointless argument nobody wants to read, with the former often resulting to pointless insults, that, if where actually said to someone in reality, would result in them getting punched in the face.

Some good posters still on here, but becoming harder and harder to find inside all the rubbish.
If you post less BDB, it will become easier...

:? :wink:

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

arseofacrow wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:This thread proves my point made earlier this week - more than happy to read both positive and negative viewpoints and there are good posters on both sides......but there is little point posting anything remotely different to the views of the loudest / constant (and often boring) threadmakers on here as it just results in a pointless argument nobody wants to read, with the former often resulting to pointless insults, that, if where actually said to someone in reality, would result in them getting punched in the face.

If you post less BDB, it will become easier...

:? :wink:
Rarely post mate, whats the point when you have intelligent people posting 15 threads a day who wont accept any rational argument?

If thats what people want and enjoy thats fine, its my issue.

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Gilles Grimandi wrote:
I'd love to see the email from arsenal if it was mooted that it was going to make an appearance at a home game: "dear supporter, we fully support wengers decision to fuck eboue off and therefore can not allow the banner into the emirates. Just like eboue, we hope never to see it again"

GG
GG
cant be arsed to start a new thread. But thanks for finding a local and helping me offload my spares mate, top man. Good to meet you over there and hope all went well on the way back. Pm me if i can help you out with tickets.

Cheers

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

spot on mate.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Gilles Grimandi wrote:

GG
Gilles Grimandi mate....just wanted to let you know that I had my picture taken with.....Gilles Grimandi! I spotted him sitting outside a bar in the old port. Probably not the place to be if he wanted to remain anonymous so I didn't mind interrupting his drink with his attractive companion. Found out later that seemingly everyone had their pictures taken with him :twisted: !

Had fantastic time there and thought that the "we wonna go home...." chant was a little unfair on Marseille (the city, not the shite stadium!) as it was 100 times nicer than I'd thought it would be. No hassle whatsoever and some really nice bars. It's a port though and full of North African immigrants so bound to have a bit of a seamy side to it. Not exactly Bermondsey though :lol: !

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

One last thing......I know I shouldn't have been surprised, but I can't believe how negative everyone was in posting during the match. So what that it was shite. We were getting an away point in the CL against the team who were top of the group with a 100% record. The fact that we got the classic 1-0 was a real and much celebrated bonus but I'd have happily taken 0-0 and a boring match for ITV!

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
worthing gooner wrote:A solid away trip this one and a good result to boot. A lot of Talk before the game was a draw would be a tidy result so happy days then!!
As for our support, quality with the depeche mode song for Ramsey.
A new one for Our big German using the Macarena. Genius
Need the full set of lyrics on here though!
Also a V strange rendition of 10 German bombers before the game!!
How random and not revenant was that!!!
3 points and no real hassle of the pitch although we did drink in their staunch area before the game that didn't go unnoticed by many Of the locals. They clearly don't mix with anyone at all.

I saw your Worthing banner in your sig on the TV wondered if it was you over there or someone else. Pleased you had a good one mate
Cheers Flash regarding the trip. Was suprised that we had more space in the away end than normally given so there were plenty of flags on show.
Good to see.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

worthing gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
worthing gooner wrote:A solid away trip this one and a good result to boot. A lot of Talk before the game was a draw would be a tidy result so happy days then!!
3 points and no real hassle of the pitch although we did drink in their staunch area before the game that didn't go unnoticed by many Of the locals. They clearly don't mix with anyone at all.

I saw your Worthing banner in your sig on the TV wondered if it was you over there or someone else. Pleased you had a good one mate
Cheers Flash regarding the trip. Was suprised that we had more space in the away end than normally given so there were plenty of flags on show.
Good to see.
Wasn't this 'cos we only sold 1400 of the 2000 tickets allocated?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Spuds last season complained about being charged £48 for their CL game at Inter Milan and ticket price was then reduced to £18..... As far as I know, this was the price being charged to Inter fans for a similar view.

Our tickets for the bit of plastic attached to the terrace at Marseille were €70 (£65?)..... I've asked the club whether they have officially queried/complained about this to UEFA and they are supposedly calling me back. In the meantime though does anyone know whether RedAction or maybe the Supporters club have done likewise?

I suspect though that they would compare our "seats" with those much nicer looking ones on the opposite side of the ground rather than those equally cr*p looking ones to our right!

Also, I know this isn't the first time we've been ripped off. Anyone complained in the past?

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

MK Gould wrote:Spuds last season complained about being charged £48 for their CL game at Inter Milan and ticket price was then reduced to £18..... As far as I know, this was the price being charged to Inter fans for a similar view.

Our tickets for the bit of plastic attached to the terrace at Marseille were €70 (£65?)..... I've asked the club whether they have officially queried/complained about this to UEFA and they are supposedly calling me back. In the meantime though does anyone know whether RedAction or maybe the Supporters club have done likewise?

I suspect though that they would compare our "seats" with those much nicer looking ones on the opposite side of the ground rather than those equally cr*p looking ones to our right!

Also, I know this isn't the first time we've been ripped off. Anyone complained in the past?
Let us know the outcome, don't know how they have the nerve to charge £65. Also not sure how UEFA can classify the Velodrome as an all-seater :lol: It was essentially open terracing. Not that i'm really complaining, I thought it was great, but at £65 you'd expect a little more. I tried to compare the ticket price to what the home fans were charged on the Marseille website a few weeks back but couldn't make sense of it.

Villarreal was reduced from £62 to £57 a few years back was it not? Still a disgraceful price for where they put us. Sadly it's the English way to moan & groan in private but then not do anything about getting things changed :(

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

MK Gould wrote:
worthing gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Good to see.
Wasn't this 'cos we only sold 1400 of the 2000 tickets allocated?
The away fans were usually crammed right into the angled section of that terrace so just about space for one flag maybe 2.