VILLA FA CUP GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Post by donaldo »

augie wrote:
nexum5me wrote:
1989 wrote:I heard Henry did the team talk at half time. :twisted:
it's the only possible explanation :D

i have to say.. maybe it's time for mr rice to step down and mr henry to become number 2? he'll imediately have the players' respect, he certainly has the passion, and he can thoroughly involve himself in the training because he's still got the ability to show what he means, as well as explaining it

Seriously ?? :shock: This henry love in is at farcical level :roll: He has no fcuking experience in coaching at all and you think appointing henry, who is def a wenger lacky, would be a step forward ? I agree that his rolling around pitch side when we missed a chance was him seeking attention and if wenger or rvp allowed him to give the half time teamtalk then it is nothing short of a disgrace :evil: :evil:
Henry we all know that you are a legend here but right now, in my opinion at least, you are an unwelcome distraction. We had fought back from 2 nil down to lead 3-2 but still didnt look comfortable and our fans start chanting for him to be brought on ? Is sentiment more important than the result now ? When he came on he lost possession every single time ffs so thierry if you really love the club like you claim to do then please step away and let these guys go about failing together cos believe me even in your pomp you would struggle to drag this bunch to the required level :(
What experience of coaching did Dalglish have when he became Liverpool manager first time around augie? You dont want Mourinho either make you mind up :wink:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

nexum5me wrote:
1989 wrote:I heard Henry did the team talk at half time. :twisted:
it's the only possible explanation :D

i have to say.. maybe it's time for mr rice to step down and mr henry to become number 2? he'll imediately have the players' respect, he certainly has the passion, and he can thoroughly involve himself in the training because he's still got the ability to show what he means, as well as explaining it
Have to say I do like the way Henry has been giving pointers, advice & encouragement from the sidelines when warming up...

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:I'm delighted & relieved at the same time but what the victory will say to the AKB's and clueless sheep at the bowl is "wenger turned that around" when in actual fact he was more responsible for us going 2-0 down
You never know. Maybe some of those supporting Arsenal at the Grove today are just as unhappy as you....but just more loyal gooners than you are!
oh dear. thought you knew better mate.
Sorry. Not sure what you mean. Please explain.

Seemed to me like you were suggesting that all those there today were clueless sheep. Maybe I misunderstood?
Last edited by MK Gould on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

Daglish took over a team that was absolutely dominant in english football -in fact they were so dominant that the twitchers dog could have managed to win league titles for them (and make a few bob for his off shore bank account of course :wink: ). As soon as the pressure came on the scousers daglish fcuk out of there with haste so he wouldnt be the best role model for you to use buddy :lol:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

MK Gould wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:I'm delighted & relieved at the same time but what the victory will say to the AKB's and clueless sheep at the bowl is "wenger turned that around" when in actual fact he was more responsible for us going 2-0 down
You never know. Maybe some of those supporting Arsenal at the Grove today are just as unhappy as you....but just more loyal gooners than you are!

Seemed to me like you were suggesting that all those there today were clueless sheep. Maybe I misunderstood?
blind faith isn't supporting a football club, thats religion. And we've already discussed on here how those two don't mix. It's not business either, it's somewhere in the middle. I'll support the club however and whenever, but backing a man who shows no respect to the players or to the history of the club isn't something I'm doing to do no matter what you say, if you want to be guilted into it fine.

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

ShiftyBloke wrote:
Glitch33 wrote:
ShiftyBloke wrote:No wonder the stadium is half empty
Are you blind? It's a sell out 60k :lol:
Oh yeah sorry :lol: :lol:

Official attendance 60,019 :shock:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

WE WANT GAZIDIS OUT

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Glitch33 wrote:
ShiftyBloke wrote:
Glitch33 wrote:
ShiftyBloke wrote:No wonder the stadium is half empty
Are you blind? It's a sell out 60k :lol:
Oh yeah sorry :lol: :lol:

Official attendance 60,019 :shock:
lol you could see the white cannon today, due to so many empty seats - think ESPN blamed it being cold - :lol: :lol: the cold didn't stop 5k villa fans turning up

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
Got to agree with MKG here, you shouldn't be cunting off people who go if you don't, if you meant those who are brainless sheep (they do exist as we all know) then you are bang on the money... but if you meant the 52,000 Arsenal there today then it's a load of crap... Think you just meant the idiots though? :?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:

blind faith isn't supporting a football club, thats religion. And we've already discussed on here how those two don't mix. It's not business either, it's somewhere in the middle. I'll support the club however and whenever, but backing a man who shows no respect to the players or to the history of the club isn't something I'm doing to do no matter what you say, if you want to be guilted into it fine.
Good rant, but I still don't have a clue what you are talking about....!

I'm still thinking you mean that people who go to watch Arsenal are in some ways backing Wenger.....? No? If that's the case then you have a grossly inflated opinion of Wenger! No matter how much of a c*nt our Manager is it will not and should not stop me from going to games!

Oh, BTW, I didn't go today.....but more because of cost than as an action against Wenger.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

1989 wrote:Rosicky was quality today! Sorry Rosicky haters but it's true. Also Kos is immense. Coq and Ox are the future! Fantastic prospects. Great to see Bac too, the man is a legend.
All correct also think Ramsey was quality today

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

SWLGooner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
MK Gould wrote:
Got to agree with MKG here, you shouldn't be cunting off people who go if you don't, if you meant those who are brainless sheep (they do exist as we all know) then you are bang on the money... but if you meant the 52,000 Arsenal there today then it's a load of crap... Think you just meant the idiots though? :?
sometimes I think I live on a completely different planet to everyone else :shock: don't know why your acting so offended mate, in fact I'm not sure why saying the people that still blindly back wenger are sheep is pretty much agreed as fact on here until I say it :?
I didn't salg of all 52,000 (more like 39,000) of the supporters, but only about 10,000 would let a poor arsenal result upset their week like me, and I'd be surprised if any of them save up for weeks to get to the odd game either. I won't waste that money punishing myself in that fucking corporate hellhole while I can be with likeminded people at an away ground where we can act like we're at a football match not on a school field trip.

We already know our home support is shite, the boring mongs that pack that place out every couple of weeks deserve stick as far as I'm concerned. I hate going into that desperately sad bowl, having to put up with weird looks every time I even utter an expletive. If any of them bothered supporting the team like the away supporters did I would probalby hold back but there we go.

Going to a match doesn't give you any right to act like a sanctimonious *word censored* if you don't give a fuck. no accusing you two of either, obviously something I've said has been lost in translation though obviously, I'm pretty sure me taking a stab at wenger didn't cause any offence. :?

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

What's the big deal about who gave the halftime teamtalk, comebacks are a part if football, a teamtalk when 0-2 down at halftime doesn't guarantee anything.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

They showed character today, I didn't think they had it in them, it shocked me.

Chamberlin looked our main threat, he has to play now, Koscienly and even Rosicky was very good and thought Coquelin had a good first half.

That goal saved Walcott, he was having one of those all too familiar days.

Happy tonight, that's what I pay to see, some fight, there's a lot wrong at the club but this is why we are football fans, all the emotions were felt today.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Rosicky is easily our best option as attacking midfield. He actually goes forward and creates. Cant shoot or score but at least works hard and creates. Starting midfield should be Rosicky, Arteta, and either Song or Ramsey.