THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Wenger says he makes up a lot of mathematical formulas to prove certain objectives....another is the 70th min substitution....think he worked out mathematically this is the optimum time to substitute players.....

What a crazy fuck he really is......
And if one of his crackpot theories doesn't work he sticks with it anyway. He thought of it...it HAS to work,it must be right...... despite all evidence to the contary...... because he thought of it.
Thats what we are dealing with here....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Wenger says he makes up a lot of mathematical formulas to prove certain objectives....another is the 70th min substitution....think he worked out mathematically this is the optimum time to substitute players.....

And if one of his crackpot theories doesn't work he sticks with it anyway. He thought of it...it HAS to work,it must be right...... despite all evidence to the contary...... because he thought of it.
Thats what we are dealing with here....

Actually that was a joint effort between him and the Medical Team - And we all know what their record is like! :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Lincoln tomorrow followed by West Brom next Saturday. Then there's a two week break for internationals, must say I'm terrified that with two wins under our belt that's the time they pull the trigger and announce that you know who has signed you know what.

Those 15 days between WBA and City have DANGER written all over then :cussing:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

rodders999 wrote:Lincoln tomorrow followed by West Brom next Saturday. Then there's a two week break for internationals, must say I'm terrified that with two wins under our belt that's the time they pull the trigger and announce that you know who has signed you know what.

I would be surprised if we beat WBA Rodders, we lost last year (After being ahead and Santi missing a pen) This year they are better we are in shite form shell shocked rudderless. Just the right time for a Pulis job :evil:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Theoperator wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Lincoln tomorrow followed by West Brom next Saturday. Then there's a two week break for internationals, must say I'm terrified that with two wins under our belt that's the time they pull the trigger and announce that you know who has signed you know what.

I would be surprised if we beat WBA Rodders, we lost last year (After being ahead and Santi missing a pen) This year they are better we are in shite form shell shocked rudderless. Just the right time for a Pulis job :evil:
follow that up with home defeat to City should do the trick :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Theoperator wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't put a penny on us beating them, or pretty much anyone in the league if I'm being honest based on current form - but if we do scrape a win that 2 weeks of nothing is danger territory for me. Announce it in the middle of the interlull when there's no flash point of a game to worry about. Poo poo time.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Theoperator wrote:

Pulis has hit 40 points though, so the players might be on the beach already

Offside

Post by Offside »

I read somewhere that we didn't sign Shay Given (yes I think he's overrated but was MILES better than Almunia) because he wasn't the optimum height for a goalkeeper.

You can bet a lot of the players we "nearly signed" didn't go through because Wenger had some spreadsheets and data analytics which showed the player wouldn't fit in with Le Boss's crazy theories.

And the 70 minute substitution takes absolutely no account of the passage of play during that match.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Offside wrote:

I read somewhere that we didn't sign Shay Given (yes I think he's overrated but was MILES better than Almunia) because he wasn't the optimum height for a goalkeeper.

You can bet a lot of the players we "nearly signed" didn't go through because Wenger had some spreadsheets and data analytics which showed the player wouldn't fit in with Le Boss's crazy theories.

And the 70 minute substitution takes absolutely no account of the passage of play during that match.
correct the substitutions do not take into account what is happening on the pitch.....that is totally ignored by Wenger

Sean

Post by Sean »

Page 1986.

The year we appointed the greatest manager in modern Arsenal history:

Have you ever won a European trophy, Arsene? 8)

George was no fraud :barscarf:

barnetgooner

Post by barnetgooner »

begeegs wrote: if you are a young player or even one who is established, would you come to Arsenal? Would you come to a club which is in disarray, been shelled by Bayern (again), and doesn't challenge for big trophies?
I think the biggest issue with this is; which young players have actually improved at Arsenal in recent years?

Szczesny, Wilshere, Gibbs, Ramsey, Coquelin, Ox, Walcott, Chambers all showed potential to some extent early in their Arsenal careers, but none have actually improved with 'coaching' (except arguably Ox this year) and I'd say Coquelin and Ramsey have got worse the longer they've been in the first team squad.

augie

Post by augie »

Sean wrote:Page 1986.

The year we appointed the greatest manager in modern Arsenal history:

Have you ever won a European trophy, Arsene? 8)

George was no fraud :barscarf:

Amen - GG is the best Arsenal manager in my lifetime 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

Nothing will ever come close to the buzz I had when MT scored at anfield 89. We went fucking mental in that corner that night. Unbelievable

Copenhagen 94 .... comes a very close second

And winning the league at WHL follows that but nothing will ever touch anfield 89

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Dodgyknee71 wrote:Nothing will ever come close to the buzz I had when MT scored at anfield 89. We went fucking mental in that corner that night. Unbelievable

Copenhagen 94 .... comes a very close second

And winning the league at WHL follows that but nothing will ever touch anfield 89
Same 1 & 2 here, it meant so much, the fans were very much part of the reason it happened, we had 3/4 of the ground in Copenhagen :barscarf:

loved winning against the odds, that was part of what made us The Arsenal.

wasn't there for The lane (part II) or Old Trafford and as good as it must have been, it just doesn't compare (The first win at the lane is very much up there )

Pete on the beach

Post by Pete on the beach »