THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Wilson »

He is still going on about the Bayern referee, and is adamant the red card withstanding it wouldn't have finished 5-1.

You know what, he is probably right. But absolute best case scenario we win 2-1 or draw, or lose narrowly.

What does it say about Wenger that when 'defending' himself, he is trying to make the argument that absent a poor refereeing decision, it wouldn't have been 10-2, but maybe 6-2, or 7-3, or 6-3 on aggregate. The sad thing is, he is serious, and it is still with him - he actually thinks the 10-2 result was an injustice and not indicative of the two teams. He will cling to this delusion and use it to rationalize the defeat in order to reassure himself of his ability as a manager.

He reminds of those X factor auditionees who go on stage, butcher a classic, get told by Simon Cowell they are shit, but they just deny deny deny, and tell the camera that one day, we will see them at Wembley arena or Madison Square Garden in concert. Fuking delusional and in complete denial. Wenger isnt rational. He is in denial and lives in the bubble he has created for himself.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

“And overall, to respond today, that’s what we did. I think we had an outstanding game against Bayern Munich. Our game was killed by the referee. I’ve watched this game three times now, and it’s still the referee who killed our game.”

Outstanding game... :D :D :D he's trying to change history now....we lost 5-1 at home FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Apparently, beating a non-league team means everything's fine and he deserved another two years. This summer of course, he's going to spend money and he's going to reinvent himself, he knows what's gone wrong and blah, blah fucking blah. Heard it all before. He's like an abusive husband who keeps claiming he's changed and won't hit his wife again only to keep whacking her about once she comes back to him.

Just fuck off, you old *word censored*.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

There is no argument left to keep him.The club is going backwards anyone who cares about the club can see it.

Old enough to remember an ATG manager that went on too long Brian Clough at Forest a great,great manager in his day who had total control over Forest the way Wenger has at Arsenal.Clough was an ill man alcoholism it was sad to see in the end.

The one question left to ask the AKB is the club going forward under him...any answer but no is total delusion.For the good of the club he should of gone many years ago,my posting history is consistent on Wenger.The board are equally to blame they have allowed him to have total control over the football side.To the board he is indispensable the club is a fucking shambles to say it's in great shape,delusional would anyone trust him in the transfer market anymore,we could be looking at a lot more mediocre overpaid players on 4-5 year deals coming in,frightening.

His tenure is now hurting the club,it's stale if he signs another two year deal it's another two wasted seasons and the job will be even harder for whoever replaces him because at 67 it will happen sooner or later.

We are not going away.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Redarmy wrote:“And overall, to respond today, that’s what we did. I think we had an outstanding game against Bayern Munich. Our game was killed by the referee. I’ve watched this game three times now, and it’s still the referee who killed our game.”

Outstanding game... :D :D :D he's trying to change history now....we lost 5-1 at home FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Has Wenger not even considered the fact that because Bayern started with a 5-1 lead from the 1st leg that they just might not have been at full pelt on Tuesday?! So to call that an an outstanding game by us is fucking outrageous even by Wenger's standards !

The trouble is he is not the only one who has bought into this referee costing us thing. Yes we should have had a pen but our penalty takers are not great and Bayerns keeper is ... so its not foregone conclusion that we'd even have scored it.

And even if we had got to 2-0 would we really have repeated that in the 2nd half without Bayern reacting? Its all such fucking nonsense.

This never-ending spin and delusion is insulting to fans and we cannot progress until we are honest about what is wrong.

The clear fact is we lost the tie and both games in the manner we did because of Wenger! The fact that he still makes excuses shows he is still not willing to accept he is to blame or that he has to go.

He is a freak. It is impossible to get him to see reason and I really think he will sign for at least 2 more years unless we can really make the next few weeks count :banghead: .
Last edited by Clash on Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Saw that amongst praising our courageous performance in taking 46 minutes to break down a non-leagu side at home, he called our 5-1 home "outstanding".

Really is like the Fuhrerbunker circa April 1945.

Midz

Post by Midz »

The only headline I wanna see is Wenger has gone.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Page numbers now stirring great memories!
1989 - the greatest night ever!
1991 - Nearly the first invincibles!
1993 - Both cups taken SERIOUSLY and won!
1994 - European Trophy! (Arsene, take note)

Then he came along and 1998 to 2005 were fantastic, we know that and appreciate it. But it's dead now, and the memories are being tainted. Go now, before it turns really poisonous!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Petit.html

Just f**king listen to your ex-players Arsene (apart from Keown).

Sean

Post by Sean »

goonertux wrote:Page numbers now stirring great memories!
1989 - the greatest night ever!
1991 - Nearly the first invincibles!
1993 - Both cups taken SERIOUSLY and won!
1994 - European Trophy! (Arsene, take note)

Then he came along and 1998 to 2005 were fantastic, we know that and appreciate it. But it's dead now, and the memories are being tainted. Go now, before it turns really poisonous!
Precisely my thoughts 8)

Page 1989. The year we won the title at Anfield; say no more.

8)

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

One thing which would be entertaining even if the despised c*** stays will be the hounding out he will receive in the next two years.

And guess what...we'll be the ones saying I told you so to the fucking idiots who still black this senile greedy c***.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Sean - thanks mate. Those pictures gave me goose bumps. From the days when we could be proud of our team.

I've just been told that I'm getting threats and personal abuse on Twitter for my part in the protests.

Ironic really considering how much trouble we're taking to avoid being abusive to Wenger.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

MOD2 on now taking about Wenger and English core

Sean

Post by Sean »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:Sean - thanks mate. Those pictures gave me goose bumps. From the days when we could be proud of our team.

I've just been told that I'm getting threats and personal abuse on Twitter for my part in the protests.

Ironic really considering how much trouble we're taking to avoid being abusive to Wenger.
No problem, mate. Good to meet you and your lad. I'll get that banner back to you next time :barscarf:

I'm gutted that I just missed the GG-era. Proper Arsenal. If only I were ten years older :banghead:

ten20

Post by ten20 »

AFCAMDEN on twitter saying he has signed the new 2 year contract :roll: