Cesc - I had to leave

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
barnetgooner

Re: Cesc - I had to leave

Post by barnetgooner »

Basil is a Gooner wrote: "In London we lost and I'd still go out and eat."

That does appear to be the way with the lack of commitment shown by our players, although I'm disappointed to hear it from Cesc.

He's not saying he didn't care, he's saying Barca fans would be so aggressive after losing that he couldn't go out, whereas London isn't practically a one-club city like Barca.

How anyone can get upset about this is beyond me; do you lot all cancel dinner plans when we lose?!?

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

barnetgooner wrote:
1989 wrote: RvP is a legend as far as I'm concerned regardless of whether he stays or goes.
What has RvP done to be any more of a 'legend' than Cesc?
yeah i'd love to no why this is the case.

1989 is entitled too though, but I just dont see why anyone would say RVP is more of a legend.

augie

Post by augie »

barnetgooner wrote:
1989 wrote: RvP is a legend as far as I'm concerned regardless of whether he stays or goes.

He has played half a season of truly outstanding football and before that he spent half his time at the club on the injury table :roll: It seems that less is more when it comes to judging legends :oops:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Really not bothered about what comes out from the lad now. He has moved on and so did I when he went back home.
Legend?? Miles off boys.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

I saw arsenal referred to him as an 'Arsenal Legend' in the 125 celebrations programme :roll: :roll: :roll:

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Big difference between "great player" and "legend". This Club has had no more than 15 "legends" in it's lifetime IMO.

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
George Graham - player/manager
Wenger
Herbert Chapman

worthing gooner

frankbutcher wrote:Big difference between "great player" and "legend". This Club has had no more than 15 "legends" in it's lifetime IMO.

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
Wenger
Herbert Chapman
All about opinions this but a pretty tidy list that.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I got slated the other week for having a pop at thicko Merson; apparently a 'legend'.

If he is put into the legend bracket then I fail to see how RvP doesn't make it.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

augie wrote:
barnetgooner wrote:

He has played half a season of truly outstanding football and before that he spent half his time at the club on the injury table :roll: It seems that less is more when it comes to judging legends :oops:
Summed it up perfectly augie.RVP has had a good year.Yes one year.When he performs over a period of time like TH14, DB10,PV4 and Wrighty come back and tell me he's a legend

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

frankbutcher wrote:Big difference between "great player" and "legend". This Club has had no more than 15 "legends" in it's lifetime IMO.

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
Wenger
Herbert Chapman
Alex James might give you a knee in the groin for that, Frank! :lol:

And Bob Wilson might have a tear in his eye, too.... is that what you want? :x :cry:

worthing gooner

As already stated RVP is having a blinding season but the other ones he has been injured for too many games.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

g88ner wrote:

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
Wenger
Herbert Chapman

And Bob Wilson might have a tear in his eye, too.... is that what you want? :x :cry:
Gunnersaurus wants to knee me in the groin too. That doesn't make him a legend either. It makes him something else that is located in the groin area though... :lol: :oops:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

frankbutcher wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
Wenger
Herbert Chapman

Gunnersaurus wants to knee me in the groin too. That doesn't make him a legend either. It makes him something else that is located in the groin area though... :lol: :oops:
:lol: :lol:

And what about Ted Drake - when is comes to legends of this great football club, Drake has to be up there.

I know none of us where around during our glory years of the 30s, but that was our golden era, and people like Chapman, Drake, James and Bastin are legends of our legendary era.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

g88ner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
Wenger
Herbert Chapman

And what about Ted Drake - when is comes to legends of this great football club, Drake has to be up there.

I know none of us where around during our glory years of the 30s, but that was our golden era, and people like Chapman, Drake, James and Bastin are legends of our legendary era.
Fair enough - Drake, James and Wilson would also go on my list. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

frankbutcher wrote:
g88ner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Henry
Adams
Bergkamp
Wrighty
Vieira
Rocastle
Brady
McLintock
Armstrong
Charlie George
Bastin
Eddie Hapgood
Wenger
Herbert Chapman

Fair enough - Drake, James and Wilson would also go on my list. 8)
And then there's Eboue! without his comedy, these dark dark days would have been pitch black.

A true legend :cry:

(Sorry, I went too far :oops:)