BSM March before Swansea

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mattyb

Re: BSM Gathering before Swansea

Post by mattyb »

Im up for this one, all the points are valid, but the board wont listen, the big companies never do, as thats what we are now, just a big company . . !

PHW and the rest of the board have lost touch a very long time ago . . the ££££ sorry the $$$$$$$$ signs are stronger than our " We want our Arsenal back" . . . .

AFC(BSM)Jones

Post by AFC(BSM)Jones »

If anyone is going via Nottingham then I would love to come along.
Cannot afford the train fare (as my fella previously stated) but I would be sure to buy the driver a couple of bevvies and a pie!!

armchair

Post by armchair »

[quote="AFC(BSM)Jones"]If anyone is going via Nottingham then I would love to come along.
Cannot afford the train fare (as my fella previously stated) but I would be sure to buy the driver a couple of bevvies and a pie!!

Dont drink and drive - or eat pies! It feckin dangerous! :lol:

AFC(BSM)Jones

Post by AFC(BSM)Jones »

armchair supporter wrote:
AFC(BSM)Jones wrote:If anyone is going via Nottingham then I would love to come along.

Dont drink and drive - or eat pies! It feckin dangerous! :lol:

I am not condoning drink driving, as you state it is dangerous.
I meant tea/coffee and something to eat..........

tel

Post by tel »

This needs to include a call for Wenger out.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fans hurl abuse at Arsenal chief after disappointing Old Trafford display

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... splay.html

Well done to all those involved - it was clearly heard on the TV too. This bloke taking £2m out of our club whilst abusing supporters through blatant overcharging for a deteriorating product is outrageous.

Dear Ivan, £60 to watch a team barely able to muster a single shot on target in 90 minutes, week after week. Stick it up your pipe

Regards,
SteveO

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

BSM would have more effect if they urged people to stay away from home games, marches achieve little if everyone just takes their seat afterwards. We need to hit them in the pocket, that's where it will hurt most!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

After reading this thread yesterday I tried to get a ticket for the game. Its sold out. While we continue to sell out against teams like Swansea, I really don't see much incentive for the business model to change. :( :(

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

True Chippy but that old saying "A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step".

I also believe boycotting games and merchandise is the only thing that will really have an effect.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

hugh jardon wrote:True Chippy but that old saying "A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step".

I also believe boycotting games and merchandise is the only thing that will really have an effect.
Not disagreeing with that. I went to over 20 games in 2009/10, only about 7/8 last season, and 1 this season so far. Unfortunately too many lining up to take our places. :(

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Chippy wrote:After reading this thread yesterday I tried to get a ticket for the game. Its sold out. While we continue to sell out against teams like Swansea, I really don't see much incentive for the business model to change. :( :(
And in a nutshell, that's why these type of protests are hollow. In the most basic economic argument it proves if anything that the club is not charging enough when demand exceeds supply. So you turn up, march and moan, then take your seat which indirectly finances the Diamond Club and the very directors salaries that you are protesting against - at any level, I fail to understand how that is effective

I'm not against the BSM at all, and pretty much all of the stuff that Reg and the boys are lobbying for I would agree with 100%. I'm completely dismayed by the way our owner, CEO, Chairman and manager abuse the supporters of this once proud club. But I'm afraid the people they are protesting against are being remunerated at the level they are because fans allow it to happen by funding it. Cut off the supply line and something tangible might happen i.e. when Kroenke sees his model starting to fall apart.

We all know what will really happen. The club will stick another 5% on next season's prices and everyone will moan before filling the stadium week after week and spend millions on our latest new kit at the Emirates Cup- so why should the board decide to change anything

burg hohenzollern

Post by burg hohenzollern »

I know I will get really slated for what I am about to say, but here goes.
The Board, whom I absolutely despise, have been incredibly clever about this business model. Steve O is absolutely correct - the demand for tkts exceeds supply, and why is that the case? Because the target market the Board now aims its product at is not traditional supporters - its tourists and others who have more money than sense. I really cannot see it changing fro a good few years. I myself am a red member, and was able to a tkt for most games. However, over the past couple of years I have been going less and less. Cannot stand the place, especially in the upper tier. Dare criticise the club in any way and you will immediately be surrounded with genuine hostility.
Stick to the away games - they are truly brilliant. How many tourists do you see at those games?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It's always been the case that the away support really tends to be the genuine hardcore fans, and probably is the same at every club. Let's be fair, who the fuck in their right mind would pay huge money to get up at the crack of dawn to go and see us inevitably put in an abject performance at OT and get hammered again if they didn't fucking love the club? I miss getting to away games, nothing compares to it.

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

burg hohenzollern wrote:I know I will get really slated for what I am about to say, but here goes.
The Board, whom I absolutely despise, have been incredibly clever about this business model. Steve O is absolutely correct - the demand for tkts exceeds supply, and why is that the case? Because the target market the Board now aims its product at is not traditional supporters - its tourists and others who have more money than sense. I really cannot see it changing fro a good few years. I myself am a red member, and was able to a tkt for most games. However, over the past couple of years I have been going less and less. Cannot stand the place, especially in the upper tier. Dare criticise the club in any way and you will immediately be surrounded with genuine hostility.
Stick to the away games - they are truly brilliant. How many tourists do you see at those games?
Whst you say has been said on here countless times mate. The place is full of foreigners and tourists who will pay match package ticket and accommodation prices, stuff themselves with halftime hotdogs and drinks and and go home with bags full of stuff bought from the Armoury. They claim to support Arsenal but deep down really couldn't really give a fuck and won't return to Arsenal for years, if ever at all.

ClockEndNick

Post by ClockEndNick »

--
Last edited by ClockEndNick on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.