The Online Gooner Gamers Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
brazilianGOONER

Re: The Online Gooner Gamers Thread

Post by brazilianGOONER »

skizz_b wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:PC gamer here. consoles are for little girls :lol: :wink: play football manager, baldurs gate, some FPS (crysis, far cry and the alike, which by the way are much better played with a mouse than a console controller) and the mild RPG every now and then. used to love adventure games too (first alone in the dark games, phantasmagoria, gabriel knight, etc)

i did have a couple of consoles in the past: atari (pitfall and enduro anyone?), dynavision 3, super nes, nintendo 64... then i grew up :lol: :lol: :wink:

(obviously in terms of age and lack of playing time, not stature) :lol:
PC gaming. :lol: Do you also light fire by rubbing sticks? :lol: :wink:
Lol!

Personally I've never been into PC gaming as it's a constant exercise of piling money into upgrading hardware....can easily piss away thousands
i disagree. you have a computer, don't you? well, just add any offboard graphics adapter and you have a gaming PC, and you just spent a couple of bucks to do that. nowadays, with any simple computer and a decent cheap graphics card you can play any game - long past is the time you had to own a super gaming computer to run oblivion or crysis.

now, choose the game you want to play, download it for free on a torrent website, play it for half an hour, and if you decide it is worth it, you can buy it later. if you don't like, just delete it. it's how i do it. that's ultra cheap.

now, a PS4 costs, here in brazil, 1,300 euros. if you add all i've spent with computers in the last 6 years, it doesn't get any close to that. and you'd still have to buy the (expensive as hell) games.

and i'm not going into details like graphics. i've seen the new games for the xbox and PS4. my 3 year old computer running 2 year old games shits all over both of them. no comparison whatsoever on the quality of the graphics. PC just rules.

only advantage i see on consoles is that you insert the game, turn the thing on, and it's working - no drivers, directx, incompatibility, blue screens, windows version, etc. it's a dedicated machine. i just can't afford them though.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I have got some Birthday dosh and Game vouchers,and am torn between two games for the P.S.3 to buy with them.
Do I buy the new "Call of Duty",or get "Gran Turismo 6"?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:I have got some Birthday dosh and Game vouchers,and am torn between two games for the P.S.3 to buy with them.
:rubchin:

Forget both and buy either GTA V or The Last of Us. Both brilliant. 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:I have got some Birthday dosh and Game vouchers,and am torn between two games for the P.S.3 to buy with them.

I already own The Last of Us,and GTA V,(you are right,they are both brilliant),I was just trying to decide what to spend my vouchers on.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I already own The Last of Us,and GTA V,(you are right,they are both brilliant),I was just trying to decide what to spend my vouchers on.

Both good games. I'll be buying the new Call of Duty first myself. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
skizz_b wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:PC gamer here. consoles are for little girls :lol: :wink: play football manager, baldurs gate, some FPS (crysis, far cry and the alike, which by the way are much better played with a mouse than a console controller) and the mild RPG every now and then. used to love adventure games too (first alone in the dark games, phantasmagoria, gabriel knight, etc)

i did have a couple of consoles in the past: atari (pitfall and enduro anyone?), dynavision 3, super nes, nintendo 64... then i grew up :lol: :lol: :wink:

(obviously in terms of age and lack of playing time, not stature) :lol:
PC gaming. :lol: Do you also light fire by rubbing sticks? :lol: :wink:
Lol!

Personally I've never been into PC gaming as it's a constant exercise of piling money into upgrading hardware....can easily piss away thousands
i disagree. you have a computer, don't you? well, just add any offboard graphics adapter and you have a gaming PC, and you just spent a couple of bucks to do that. nowadays, with any simple computer and a decent cheap graphics card you can play any game - long past is the time you had to own a super gaming computer to run oblivion or crysis.

now, choose the game you want to play, download it for free on a torrent website, play it for half an hour, and if you decide it is worth it, you can buy it later. if you don't like, just delete it. it's how i do it. that's ultra cheap.

now, a PS4 costs, here in brazil, 1,300 euros. if you add all i've spent with computers in the last 6 years, it doesn't get any close to that. and you'd still have to buy the (expensive as hell) games.

and i'm not going into details like graphics. i've seen the new games for the xbox and PS4. my 3 year old computer running 2 year old games shits all over both of them. no comparison whatsoever on the quality of the graphics. PC just rules.

only advantage i see on consoles is that you insert the game, turn the thing on, and it's working - no drivers, directx, incompatibility, blue screens, windows version, etc. it's a dedicated machine. i just can't afford them though.
Christ. I take it back. Your people haven't even fucking discovered that fire exists yet! :-P :wink:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

thankfully, we do!

that's as far as our technology goes though... :lol:

SoreSack

Post by SoreSack »

im quite tempted to unwrap my nephews ps4 and tell him it didnt arrive in time for xmas, i thought i could wait until there was better games availible but i dont think i can :|

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I went for Gran Turismo 6.What swayed it was the fact that I have got two or three F.P.S games,(Sniper Elite 2,Hitman Absolution etc).
G.T.6 is like putting a comfortable old pair of trainers back on,the Licenses,doing the cars up,and some of the tracks:-
Grand Valley Speedway,Autumn Ring,Apricot Hill etc :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I went for Gran Turismo 6.What swayed it was the fact that I have got two or three F.P.S games,(Sniper Elite 2,Hitman Absolution etc).
G.T.6 is like putting a comfortable old pair of trainers back on,the Licenses,doing the cars up,and some of the tracks:-
Grand Valley Speedway,Autumn Ring,Apricot Hill
etc :barscarf:
8)

augie

Post by augie »

Don't play the games anywhere near as much as I used to (its an age and available time thing :lol: ) and when I do play them, I only really want to play games where I compete with the kids - is it just me or are most of the ps3 games single player games (unless you go online and that is not my aim ) ? At the mo we play FIFA, nba 2013, and call of duty but the choice seems really limited to me :?

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

So what's everyone plumping for, the XB1 or PS4?

Personally it will be the latter for me although I'm rather peeved off that you now have to pay for online. XB1 isn't really a consideration for me as all my mates have playstations and I mainly game online with them.

Now that they are selling consoles for around £350 they are more appealing to me, I don't see them going down to the £300 mark for a fair while and I want one NOW so it won't be too long before I get one.

Has anyone actually got either already? Experience? Thoughts?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

augie wrote:Don't play the games anywhere near as much as I used to (its an age and available time thing :lol: ) and when I do play them, I only really want to play games where I compete with the kids - is it just me or are most of the ps3 games single player games (unless you go online and that is not my aim ) ? At the mo we play FIFA, nba 2013, and call of duty but the choice seems really limited to me :?
Other good two player games include,Gran Turismo,(split screen),Virtua Tennis,Tiger Woods Golf,Cricket,Tekken etc

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

I'm getting veryyyy pissed off that I can't find a console anywhere. Only place that has them is Game and they are selling with a wedge of crap games I don't want. Back to the drawing board...