CL Draw

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: CL Draw

Post by flash gunner »

We've got less chance of winning the competition this year than ever and could go out to any of them so bring on Real Madrid :barscarf: :barscarf:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Really hope we get Real Madrid and get butt raped as I hate this competition with a fucking passion!

Midz

Post by Midz »

franksav63 wrote:Really hope we get Real Madrid and get butt raped as I hate this competition with a fucking passion!
I like the competition, it's the fact that we can't compete in it I hate.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Midz wrote:
franksav63 wrote:Really hope we get Real Madrid and get butt raped as I hate this competition with a fucking passion!
I like the competition, it's the fact that we can't compete in it I hate.
We're just in it for the money. Where we end up in the competition is irrelevant. How else do you explain Wenger having not mastered it after SIXTEEN attempts?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I love being in this competition and the fact we are the most consistent shows where we are. Its not a false position if we've done it 16 seasons in a row. I think we'll real Madrid as it just the way it goes. Only saving grace is last night time we got them we reached the final, and that was against a stronger Madrid team. Its 3 months away, we could be stronger by then. With a full strength team we can match anyone in Europe. Just rarely we are at full strength...period.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:I love being in this competition and the fact we are the most consistent shows where we are. Its not a false position if we've done it 16 seasons in a row. I think we'll real Madrid as it just the way it goes. Only saving grace is last night time we got them we reached the final, and that was against a stronger Madrid team. Its 3 months away, we could be stronger by then. With a full strength team we can match anyone in Europe. Just rarely we are at full strength...period.
What's the punchline??

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Porto could beat us over two legs quite easily, Monaco might be the only comfortable one.

Any idea what away credits they all might go down to?

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Robin_L wrote:Porto could beat us over two legs quite easily, Monaco might be the only comfortable one.

Monaco's stadium only holds 18,500 so 5% of that would be 925 for the allocation. That would sell out to away scheme I imagine.

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

'Into the knockout stages for the 15th year in a row' they said.

'Only two semi final appearances in all that time' they never said

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

TheCook wrote:'Into the knockout stages for the 15th year in a row' they said.

'Only two semi final appearances in all that time' they never said
Please don't forget our 1 and only final appearance since the start of the European Cup competition some 50 odd years ago.
So pleased we moved from Highbury.............................. :cry:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:Porto could beat us over two legs quite easily, Monaco might be the only comfortable one.

Monaco's stadium only holds 18,500 so 5% of that would be 925 for the allocation. That would sell out to away scheme I imagine.
Monaco's average league attendance this season is 7,800 and judging by the highlights I've seen of their home CL games, they're pretty empty as well. I'd guess we'd get at least 4,000 based on that.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Ziegler1988 wrote:

Isn't it Monaco's stadium where they have the Super Cup ever year? No doubt Blatter will find a way to get Real Madrid there for all his corporate chums.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Ziegler1988 wrote:

Isn't it Monaco's stadium where they have the Super Cup ever year? No doubt Blatter will find a way to get Real Madrid there for all his corporate chums.

I mean, why Monaco?? Whats wrong with Villa Park :roll:

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
They used to but the last couple of season they've been touring it around. 2013 was Prague and this year was Cardiff :lol:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Order of Preference:

1. Porto - Our best chance of advancing and heard great things about previous trips there.

2. Monaco - Would still probably go through, but the allocation would be shit. And it's pretty damn expensive.

3. Atletico - Competitive tie, don't think we will go through.

4. Barca - We get knocked out, but it's a great day out.

5. Real - We get bumholed but going to the Bernabeau and seeing that team play would be something.

6. Munich - We get bumholed and don't want to go back to the same place as last year. Variety and all that.