Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ray C wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:04 am
All I ask is no Viera on the bench & no yellow away strip with wobbly lines !! Any sort of win would also do. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Away strip will be worn tonight

wibble

Post by wibble »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:17 am
Ray C wrote:
All I ask is no Viera on the bench & no yellow away strip with wobbly lines !! Any sort of win would also do. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Away strip will be worn tonight
And if Vieira starts, you’ve only got yourself to blame! :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Ray C wrote:

As local club secretary here I am supposed to be attending a league meeting tonight and am skipping it to watch this game - sure as night follows day we will curl up into a ball tonight and get turned over by the palace ultras ( :roll: ) and I will berate myself for skipping that meeting :oops: :oops:

If we play the same system and personel out of position like we did against forest then I dont give us a snowballs chance in hell tonight, but if we pick the team properly and play with a sensible system then you have to say that we should win tonight

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Tierney not in the squad for tonight's match

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

This is also the tradition game where we make Jordon Ayew look like peak TH14 while we're on the ropes,

Lets not do that..please!

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:44 pm
Tierney not in the squad for tonight's match

Of course he is not :roll: Is zinchenko ?

Football managers, like media websites spew a lot of shite and we all know that, but surely there has to be some line drawn in the sand where people are held accountable for spewing absolute dogshite ?? I mean the basque clown only few days ago talking shit about Tierney being in his plans and he cant even get a start in meaningless pre season games, and cant even get into the matchday squad for league games :lol: :lol: There must be some stand off going on behind the scenes with tierney - he wont declare him up for sale, but seems to be doing his absolute best to freeze him out and force tierney into demanding a move, but tierney seems to know what is happening and is sticking his heels in it seems

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Augie as far as I'm aware Zinchenko is in the squad,but obviously wont know 100% till later

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

This is a tough game, I'm missing a T20 game tonight to watch this so really hoping we give them a roasting but having watched the highlights of the forest game (missed it live because of league cricket) I can't say I'm overly confident, I agree with some others here, start Tierney if he's fit and play players in their right positions.

Still I'm going for a 2-1 Arsenal win.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:49 pm
This is a tough game, I'm missing a T20 game tonight to watch this so really hoping we give them a roasting but having watched the highlights of the forest game (missed it live because of league cricket) I can't say I'm overly confident, I agree with some others here, start Tierney if he's fit and play players in their right positions.

Still I'm going for a 2-1 Arsenal win.
I am quietly confident that we'll get the win too. And absolutely agreed he needs to play players in their right positions. I'm hoping he won't go all Wenger and put his ego ahead of the good of the team. :|

I'm going 2-1 the Arsenal as well.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm going for 1 - 4 WIN to THE Arsenal.

COME the Fuck ON! Arsenal!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm
Ray C wrote:

As local club secretary here I am supposed to be attending a league meeting tonight and am skipping it to watch this game - sure as night follows day we will curl up into a ball tonight and get turned over by the palace ultras ( :roll: ) and I will berate myself for skipping that meeting :oops: :oops:

If we play the same system and personel out of position like we did against forest then I dont give us a snowballs chance in hell tonight, but if we pick the team properly and play with a sensible system then you have to say that we should win tonight

But why bother Augie? If you're so convinced it's going to be a negative outcome.

Genuinely I mean why ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh for fuck sake I’ve to deal with the Tierney ultras already and the game hasn’t even kicked off yet :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rumours Gabriel is on the bench again ,Jesus Augie will have a canary :lol: Havertz up front

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:42 pm
Oh for fuck sake I’ve to deal with the Tierney ultras already and the game hasn’t even kicked off yet :lol:
:lol:

I'm no Tierney ultra lol but with no Timber or zinchenko then surely he should play, I know he's injury prone and because of that I said last season we should sell him but on his day he's a good player and who else have we got.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just heard Gabrielle isn't starting.