Shit team v good team H Thurs 1 March

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Shit team v good team H Thurs 1 March

Post by NickF »

Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 am
Sane had "dont have a go at me" Hector Bellerin on toast all game.Stick to modelling you tart
Gary Neville made an interesting point as a former right-back himself. He said that basically some games you will come up against a player that you will struggle against and this is when you need to ask the man in front of you to help you out. Obviously this doesn't happen at the Arsenal and defending as a team isn't allowed.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 am
xisstential wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am
augie wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 am
NickF wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:10 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:15 am
some of us have to go to brighton on sunday :oops: :banghead: :banghead:

:suicide:
You don't have to go, no one is forcing you.
You go because you want to and good luck to you if that is what you want to do.

But be warned henry, we shall be listening to see if our lauded away support gives wenker and the players more stick, or if ye decide to again sing to1aw - if it is the latter please dont come home :wink: :lol: :lol:
I'm going as well....sitting among the Brighton fans.....how would a Wenger Out banner look amongst the home crowd :? :? :?

Out of place.... as the fans around you will be singing "Arsene Wenger we want you to stay".
Beat Me To it! :D

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

xisstential wrote:
Carragher said afterwards that Arsenal Fans had the banners out last season...which he didn't agree with and called it a "disgrace"... but what he saw tonight is worse because the fans just seem not to care at all anymore.

So what does he suggest then...We cannot make our feelings known because it's a disgrace and we can't sit there feeling shattered. So what exactly are we meant to do, cheer wildly as Cech bends over doing what he does best and show more enthusiasm than the players themselves???

Maybe he thinks we should get Jerroood back from Chelsea?

A massive 5,000 man march would put enormous pressure on him now but let's not be hasty...let's first see how we respond against them high flying Seagulls before we do anything silly. After all yesterday was only one game, no need to overreact.
I have said it before, but the media treats us differently from every other club. When Chelsea were sacking Mourinho(for the 2nd time) the media narrative was, he deserved to go, as he had "lost the dressing room". This was a guy(as big of a prick as he is) who had won a double the previous season, but player unrest meant he had to go. Contrast this with how they defend Wenger, having not won a title in over a decade, and every decent player we have had in that time, jumped ship due to his incompetence, but the media see no problem in that. When Man United were sacking Moyes, apparently that was ok, because their fanbase was used to success, however when we protested against Wenger, we were 'ungrateful' and 'disrespectful'. If the media treated us like a big club, and held us to account, then maybe wanker would have had no hiding place for his shitness over the last decade.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:12 am
Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 am
Sane had "dont have a go at me" Hector Bellerin on toast all game.Stick to modelling you tart
Gary Neville made an interesting point as a former right-back himself. He said that basically some games you will come up against a player that you will struggle against and this is when you need to ask the man in front of you to help you out. Obviously this doesn't happen at the Arsenal and defending as a team isn't allowed.
Thats basics, if you see someone struggling you change tactically to address the issue...(normally the coach) Obviously this doesn't happen at the Arsenal and defending as a team isn't allowed.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Carragher said afterwards that Arsenal Fans had the banners out last season...which he didn't agree with and called it a "disgrace"... but what he saw tonight is worse because the fans just seem not to care at all anymore.

So what does he suggest then...We cannot make our feelings known because it's a disgrace and we can't sit there feeling shattered. So what exactly are we meant to do, cheer wildly as Cech bends over doing what he does best and show more enthusiasm than the players themselves???

Maybe he thinks we should get Jerroood back from Chelsea?

A massive 5,000 man march would put enormous pressure on him now but let's not be hasty...let's first see how we respond against them high flying Seagulls before we do anything silly. After all yesterday was only one game, no need to overreact.
Correct disregard these wankers...Neville and Carragher .....they have no concern for the Arsenal....probably hate us

Herd

Post by Herd »

Thats basics, if you see someone struggling you change tactically to addoress the issue...(normally the coach) Obviously this doesn't happen at the Arsenal and defending as a team isn't allowed.
The only decent coach at Arsenal is the one that brings the players to the stadium,it's state of the art as opposed to Wenger whos is a stupid old fart..........Blud !
The drivers also bery good at parking the Bus without crashing .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Thats basics, if you see someone struggling you change tactically to addoress the issue...(normally the coach) Obviously this doesn't happen at the Arsenal and defending as a team isn't allowed.
The only decent coach at Arsenal is the one that brings the players to the stadium,it's state of the art as opposed to Wenger whos is a stupid old fart..........Blud !
The drivers also bery good at parking the Bus without crashing .
Did it not get bricked when going to shite hart lane.....on Sol Campbells return......

Herd

Post by Herd »

Did it not get bricked when going to shite hart lane.....on Sol Campbells return......
A few people have bricked it when going to WHL,me included !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 pm

A few people have bricked it when going to WHL,me included !
:D yeah.... especially recent years...i am old enough to remember when we ruled it at their place

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mistical92 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:54 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:54 pm
I'm telling you they can't keep this up, people will be jacking in their season tickets in their thousands soon, bordem and apathy have reached new levels, I hope you're watching Stan and Josh, your investment is going down the pan.
And thousands will be queuing up to take the empty seats.
Just like the thousands who could have taken up those seats on Thursday night when about 20000 ST holders rushed to Ticket Exchange? Didn't see too much take up then

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

The season ticket waiting list - a mate of mine picked up a season ticket this year and he was still at about 12,000 on the list. I don't know how many jacked in their tickets in the summer but the club had to trawl down to 12,000 (and possibly beyond) to shift the spare season tickets. That's a lot of people who swerved a ticket when their chance came so with AW still in town I don't think demand among the waiting list is that desperate even thought they have been on the waiting list for about 7 years.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:54 am
The season ticket waiting list - a mate of mine picked up a season ticket this year and he was still at about 12,000 on the list. I don't know how many jacked in their tickets in the summer but the club had to trawl down to 12,000 (and possibly beyond) to shift the spare season tickets. That's a lot of people who swerved a ticket when their chance came so with AW still in town I don't think demand among the waiting list is that desperate even thought they have been on the waiting list for about 7 years.
Exactly mate - this argument about "there's thousands waiting to take our seats" is total horseshit and about 2-3 years out of date at least. I subbed out my silver memberships this season, and know tons of ST holders who aren't going at the moment. In the past we were all swamped with offers of people wanting our seats.....now, nobody gives 2 fucks. The ST list has people on it who live in hope that one day things change - I know many like that, who even though they are on it at the moment probably wouldn't take one up this Summer if Wenger was still manager.

Despite the shit conditions on Thursday, City's corner was virtually full. We had thousands who chose not to turn up - if so many people were desperate to watch us they would have bitten off the hands of those STs for a chance to see us play City and still turned up even if it had been minus 10

Its going back to the mid 90s situation where you'll soon be able to buy a ST without being on a list

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Exactly mate - this argument about "there's thousands waiting to take our seats" is total horseshit and about 2-3 years out of date at least. I subbed out my silver memberships this season, and know tons of ST holders who aren't going at the moment. In the past we were all swamped with offers of people wanting our seats.....now, nobody gives 2 fucks. The ST list has people on it who live in hope that one day things change - I know many like that, who even though they are on it at the moment probably wouldn't take one up this Summer if Wenger was still manager.

Despite the shit conditions on Thursday, City's corner was virtually full. We had thousands who chose not to turn up - if so many people were desperate to watch us they would have bitten off the hands of those STs for a chance to see us play City and still turned up even if it had been minus 10

Its going back to the mid 90s situation where you'll soon be able to buy a ST without being on a list
I agree,

I was with a STH on Sunday who wasn't going to game on Thursday and couldn't shift it on ticket exchange. So he said I may as well go and use his seat. And as he can't generally make midweeks I will probably have it for the Monday night games next month. Now STHs are losing money on the tickets they can't sell those who are only going for the big games may decide to give it up.

If Wenger is still there I suspect I will be getting an email asking me if I want a season ticket. Been a silver member since it started but never bothered with season ticket.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Yeah although I think it is a combination of things really, not just our demise, I think that TV moving games to suit them is part of it, we could literally be playing any day of the week these days.

But it is far more to do with the fact that we are no longer in the CL, no longer considered a "big club" and play some pretty dire football 90% of the time, we undoubtedly inhereted a lot of fans off the back of Wenger's early successful years and as time has gone on, especially when reality has dawned in the last 2-3 or seasons, a lot of them are floating away, whether that is to other clubs or just other things.

If the board are not seriously worried by this situation then more fool them, it is going to get bad in terms of image and there will be lost revenue because of it - both from sponsors not wanting to pay top dollar and from empty seats, actual empty ones not "paid for".

I have always maintained though Kroenke is the big worry here, his US sports investments are generally poor or mediocre, he is not interested in being the best and sadly even with empty seats and average sponsors we'll still be profitable if he can find another austerity agreeable manager who will tow the same line as SFB.

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Yeah although I think it is a combination of things really, not just our demise, I think that TV moving games to suit them is part of it, we could literally be playing any day of the week these days.

But it is far more to do with the fact that we are no longer in the CL, no longer considered a "big club" and play some pretty dire football 90% of the time, we undoubtedly inhereted a lot of fans off the back of Wenger's early successful years and as time has gone on, especially when reality has dawned in the last 2-3 or seasons, a lot of them are floating away, whether that is to other clubs or just other things.

If the board are not seriously worried by this situation then more fool them, it is going to get bad in terms of image and there will be lost revenue because of it - both from sponsors not wanting to pay top dollar and from empty seats, actual empty ones not "paid for".

I have always maintained though Kroenke is the big worry here, his US sports investments are generally poor or mediocre, he is not interested in being the best and sadly even with empty seats and average sponsors we'll still be profitable if he can find another austerity agreeable manager who will tow the same line as SFB.

Kroenke moved his nfl team from st louis to LA purely for fan marketing reasons, so dont tell me that he wont be concerned at thousands of empty seats for a game against the best team in the country