THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blade

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Blade »

He ain't going anywhere...why would he.

Blade

Post by Blade »

A millionaire sack himself?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Another day, another 24hrs of selfish, arrogance from world football's most underachieving, worthless *word censored* of a manager.

Babu

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote:
Babu wrote:Not that I'm in any way suggesting twitchy as our next manager.

Just to be clear. :oops:
Check your PM
What! :shock:

You want to start a campaign to get Twitchy to be our new Manager?

Herd

Post by Herd »

[]‘My job is to make 100 per cent of mr kroenke and his accountants happy,’ said Wenger. ‘If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where it is today, I’m quite proud of what I did.
‘We live in a period where people are very gullible . I have guided this club through very difficult periods with very, very, very enormous resources and I managed always to get the best salary out of the club.
Last edited by Herd on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner265 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:mrs flash said the other day why doesn't he just go? Why does he need the hassle of it all? He has more personal money than he will ever need and can walk into another job quite easily or just retire.... Why stay at Arsenal when its clear its over......

I couldnt answer it why do you lot think?
Thank her for the interest in your affairs and send her back to the kitchen 8)
Unless her name's Nat Sawyer , yes I'm new but a long time reader :wink: :barscarf:
welcome on board mate. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Some german geezer just scored a screamer against engerlund ,might be worth a look ! we could do with someone who can shoot !
Another player Wenger had not got a clue how to use. A few of us on here at the time said Podolski was the best most natural finisher we had at the club (not hard I know!) but Wenger played him our wide most of the few times he actually played him... :roll: When Pod got a run in the centre his finishing was superb. I'll always feel Pod is another one we lost without getting anywhere near the best out of him because of one man - Wenger. :roll: :x

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Some german geezer just scored a screamer against engerlund ,might be worth a look ! we could do with someone who can shoot !
Another player Wenger had not got a clue how to use. A few of us on here at the time said Podolski was the best most natural finisher we had at the club (not hard I know!) but Wenger played him our wide most of the few times he actually played him... :roll: When Pod got a run in the centre his finishing was superb. I'll always feel Pod is another one we lost without getting anywhere near the best out of him because of one man - Wenger. :roll: :x
Absolutely. The story at the time was that he was another one who had started to question the Furher so he was punished by being relegated to the bench or played out wide. The sad thing is that Podolski seemed to really enjoy playing for the club and was exactly what we needed. However, all that matters at Arsenal is Wanker's ego and narcissism.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Absolutely true

augie

Post by augie »

On the face of it anything that makes the c.unts make a definitive announcement is a good thing, but at the same time as I told my newspaper delivery guy this morning, that only works for me if he says that he is leaving cos otherwise it will be stick my fingers in my ears whilst singing la la la to drone out what I don't need to hear :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yesterday I got it into my head that sanchez and ozil contract talks were cancelled until the summer so that they can wait and see who the new manager is first - the same newspaper guy took the wind from my sails by saying that he reckons that they probably waiting to see if we get top 4 first
(I'm beginning to hate that fcuking newspaper delivery guy :evil: :evil: :wink: )

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I didn't think it was possible to hate the parasite any more but comments like this make it possible.....
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger says fans need to get some "perspective" and remember what he has done for the club. (Bein Sports, via Daily Mirror
:banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

"My job is to make 100 per cent of people happy,’ said Wenger. ‘If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where it is today, I’m quite proud of what I did."

Hmmm... what I'm reading there is;

"My job is to make 100 per cent of people happy,' said Wenger. ‘If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where it is today you'll see we are back to not winning the league and just floundering around in the top 6."

:roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Another day, another 24hrs of selfish, arrogance from world football's most underachieving, worthless *word censored* of a manager.
Another day, another £25,000 in the bank. :evil:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Absolutely true
Let it go lads he wasn't good enough, end of :wink:

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

When considering will he sign the two year extension it's important to not lose sight of the fact that he has a genuine believe that has what it takes to win the Premiership next season. With no one around him to dispute this I think it's safe to say the contract is a done deal already.