THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Another day, another 24hrs of selfish, arrogance from world football's most underachieving, worthless *word censored* of a manager.
Another day, another £25,000 in the bank. :evil:
It's when the figures get broken down like this that it really hits home the ludicrous money he is being paid (I nearly wrote "earns" there for a second!).

£9million a year is a silly, almost throw-away figure, it's a figure at a level of absurdity that most people cannot fully comprehend. But you say "£25,000 a day" to someone, and most people on normal-world wages will comprehend what that means, and they will be shocked by it. :|

Maybe we should look at something like that for any possible hand outs or banners? :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Another day, another 24hrs of selfish, arrogance from world football's most underachieving, worthless *word censored* of a manager.
It's when the figures get broken down like this that it really hits home the ludicrous money he is being paid (I nearly wrote "earns" there for a second!).

£9million a year is a silly, almost throw-away figure, it's a figure at a level of absurdity that most people cannot fully comprehend. But you say "£25,000 a day" to someone, and most people on normal-world wages will comprehend what that means, and they will be shocked by it. :|

Maybe we should look at something like that for any possible hand outs or banners? :rubchin:
Come on get it in perspective, that's not take home pay is it :roll: :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:‘My job is to make 100 per cent of people happy,’ said Wenger. ‘If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where it is today, I’m quite proud of what I did.
‘We live in a period where people are very demanding. I have guided this club through very difficult periods with very, very, very limited resources and I managed always to get the best out of the team.

People actually buy into and believe this utter crap. But far more alarming is that Wenger believes it. I used to often say he's not deluded, he's just arrogant & self serving but I was wrong, he is both those things and he is also totally, utterly and completely deluded as well.He not only lives a lie, he believes it, and has managed to sell it to thousands of people.
Even by Wenger's standards those words are shocking.

But okay, lets look at the club when he arrived:

- Still playing at Highbury
- A team with several world class players
- Arguably our best ever captain
- Just 2 years on from winning a european trophy
- 3 years on from a domestic cup double
- Only 5 years on from being champions!

Just to put that in some perspective in the present ... its like winning in europe as recently as 2015 and being champions as recently as 2012. Can you imagine how much Wenger would feed off of that if he'd had that kind of success in the last 5 years? :banghead:

As for ''very very limited resources'' compare what he had to what previous Arsenal managers had available to them and its not even in the same league.

And then lastly, he claims to ''always get the best out of his team'' :roll: So what we have been seeing in recent years is Wenger always getting the best from what he has claimed is his best squad ever is it?

Seriously, how stupid does he think we are? And who the fuck does he think he is?! He makes me sick!!

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Some german geezer just scored a screamer against engerlund ,might be worth a look ! we could do with someone who can shoot !
Another player Wenger had not got a clue how to use. A few of us on here at the time said Podolski was the best most natural finisher we had at the club (not hard I know!) but Wenger played him our wide most of the few times he actually played him... :roll: When Pod got a run in the centre his finishing was superb. I'll always feel Pod is another one we lost without getting anywhere near the best out of him because of one man - Wenger. :roll: :x
I've always liked Podolski. Another strong personality discarded because he wouldn't run around all day playing the tippy tappy crap. No coincidence he spoke about Le fraud unfavourably when he was sent out on loan. The list of good players we've suddenly discarded because of this egomaniac is endless and Sanchez looks to be next.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Some german geezer just scored a screamer against engerlund ,might be worth a look ! we could do with someone who can shoot !
Another player Wenger had not got a clue how to use. A few of us on here at the time said Podolski was the best most natural finisher we had at the club (not hard I know!) but Wenger played him our wide most of the few times he actually played him... :roll: When Pod got a run in the centre his finishing was superb. I'll always feel Pod is another one we lost without getting anywhere near the best out of him because of one man - Wenger. :roll: :x
I've always liked Podolski. Another strong personality discarded because he wouldn't run around all day playing the tippy tappy crap. No coincidence he spoke about Le fraud unfavourably when he was sent out on loan. The list of good players we've suddenly discarded because of this egomaniac is endless and Sanchez looks to be next.
100% right there, mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
xisstential wrote:‘My job is to make 100 per cent of people happy,’ said Wenger. ‘If you look at where the club was when I arrived and where it is today, I’m quite proud of what I did.
‘We live in a period where people are very demanding. I have guided this club through very difficult periods with very, very, very limited resources and I managed always to get the best out of the team.

People actually buy into and believe this utter crap. But far more alarming is that Wenger believes it. I used to often say he's not deluded, he's just arrogant & self serving but I was wrong, he is both those things and he is also totally, utterly and completely deluded as well.He not only lives a lie, he believes it, and has managed to sell it to thousands of people.
Even by Wenger's standards those words are shocking.

But okay, lets look at the club when he arrived:

- Still playing at Highbury
- A team with several world class players
- Arguably our best ever captain
- Just 2 years on from winning a european trophy
- 3 years on from a domestic cup double
- Only 5 years on from being champions!

Just to put that in some perspective in the present ... its like winning in europe as recently as 2015 and being champions as recently as 2012. Can you imagine how much Wenger would feed off of that if he'd had that kind of success in the last 5 years? :banghead:

As for ''very very limited resources'' compare what he had to what previous Arsenal managers had available to them and its not even in the same league.

And then lastly, he claims to ''always get the best out of his team'' :roll: So what we have been seeing in recent years is Wenger always getting the best from what he has claimed is his best squad ever is it?

Seriously, how stupid does he think we are? And who the fuck does he think he is?! He makes me sick!!
That's a really well thought out breakdown, mate. Leave out the (justified :lol: ) swear words and put it on as many social media sites as possible. 8)

john21wall

Post by john21wall »

Wenger has always preached about "entertaining fans with good football", but he completely failed to provide that at Old Trafford on Saturday. Has he developed a mental block against Mourinho? I have never seen Arsene Wenger look that confused. The selection was evidently wrong and it took him over an hour to make changes.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Very, very, very limited resources.. but always enough to pay yourself a fortune eh?. :wink:

I get so sick of hearing this line not only from Wenger but the club, we have TWO billionaire's who own the majority of the club, it is/was the board's choice to A. not invest any money and B. block Usmanov from the boardroom, Wenger might as well be our f**king CEO rather than manager as he is just a company man.

F*ck off mr accountant.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:Very, very, very limited resources.. but always enough to pay yourself a fortune eh?. :wink:

I get so sick of hearing this line not only from Wenger but the club, we have TWO billionaire's who own the majority of the club, it is/was the board's choice to A. not invest any money and B. block Usmanov from the boardroom, Wenger might as well be our f**king CEO rather than manager as he is just a company man.

F*ck off mr accountant.
It's always been a straw man bullshit argument, the lack of money, the limited resources horseshit. Not only did we have the resources to pay him £7million and £9million a year but also to pay insane, unearned wages to average and rubbish players and then extend those crap players' contracts again and again and with pay rises too - all to feed the ego-driven vanity project of a man that could not admit he got it wrong about those players long after every fucker and his cousin could see that those shit players were not good enough. :roll: :x

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Have a heart One Bard, please don't post things like that......please :( :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

This is a very good point. In a world where film stars, reality tv celebs, crap singers, average footballers etc etc earn millions, the figures wash over the public and can become meaningless numbers. It is also very difficult for Mr and Mrs Joe Average to comprehend earning 8 or 9 million a year. BUT, as DB says, £25,000 A DAY is a really stark message. You can imagine people saying "Fuck me, he earns more in 2 days than I earn in a year !" .

I agree that this would be very powerful on a banner or a flyer. Can I suggest DB that you PM the organisers?

General

Post by General »

2007/08 was the last time you could argue he got the best out of limited resources and it's no coincidence it's the only time we've hit 80+ points at cashburton. Disgraceful if you ask me. Even then he got his knickers in a twist and completely mismanaged the whole situation leading to a period of complacency, Eduardo's injury being the final fatal blow. He even managed to somehow discard Diarra is the Jan window and completely alienated Gilberto to the point that when we needed him he wasn't match fit. The worst of it all was allowing Flamini to use the club as a platform to seek a new lucrative contract elsewhere. He then re-signed the watered down version a few years later because he was free. You just couldn't make this up. One thing for sure, when this pr1ck goes we will stop signing shit French players.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:Very, very, very limited resources.. but always enough to pay yourself a fortune eh?. :wink:

F*ck off mr accountant.
It's always been a straw man bullshit argument, the lack of money, the limited resources horseshit. Not only did we have the resources to pay him £7million and £9million a year but also to pay insane, unearned wages to average and rubbish players and then extend those crap players' contracts again and again and with pay rises too - all to feed the ego-driven vanity project of a man that could not admit he got it wrong about those players long after every fucker and his cousin could see that those shit players were not good enough. :roll: :x

Again, this message, contradicting the Club lies, needs to be got out there. Your point is bang on, the money was always there, the old clown squandered absolute fortunes on dross and/or invalids and compounded it by constantly extending the contracts. I dread to think how much Diaby and Rosicky earned per game played ! As long as you're one of Arsene''s good boys, you're safe as houses under his wing, regardless of ability or fitness.

The other vital issue here is that the Club always denied being financially hamstrung by the new stadium or anything else. We were always told that the money was available if Wenger wanted it. The new line about "very, very, very limited resources" is a product of the last 3-4 years and is merely an excuse for the years of failure. As usual, the Club want it all ways. It should be pointed out to them that they were either lying about resources between 2006 and 2013, or they are lying about the lack of them now. The regime is full of psychotic liars. If Wenger or Gazidis told me the sky was blue, I'd go outside to check.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I remember reading in one of the papers (so I can't vouch for how true it is!! :wink: ) that Diaby was paid approx £27million during his time at Arsenal. That (fuck it, if even half that is correct) is criminal negligence by Wenger that would get you sacked in most jobs. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Have a heart One Bard, please don't post things like that......please :( :banghead:

Sorry Fella - But it HAD to be done, as DB says when it's broken down to actual figures that we can recognise - though still be shocked at - £25 k a DAY - Fuck there are many people who don't earn that in a year and they actually work for a living.

Saw these on BBC website:

The usual load of bollocks about who they are going to buy in the Summer Transfer - I used to (8 seasons ago) get excited by transfer rumours - Now I don't give them a second thought as they are always utter lies.

Arsenal will make a £25m offer for Barcelona's Turkey midfielder Arda Turan, 30, in the summer before the probable departures of Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil, 28, and Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 28. (Times - subscription required)

World Cup winner Ozil, who has been linked with Fenerbahce, is too good to move to Turkey, says former Germany midfielder Michael Ballack. (Talksport)

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger says fans need to get some "perspective" and remember what he has done for the club. (Bein Sports, via Daily Mirror

Arsenal may have to make an announcement on Wenger's future imminently in order to comply with stock market rules. (Daily Express)

Gunners midfielder Jack Wilshere, 25, is unlikely to stay at loan club Bournemouth beyond this season, and will consider a move abroad.(Bleacher Report)

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

All of THE BOARD and WENGER are CUNTING LIARS! :cussing: