THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by rodders999 »

This whole sorry mess will have to be massively stage managed from here on in. The dust will be left to settle from today and then a big money signing will be announced in a couple of weeks. By big money I obviously mean we will massively over pay for some mediocre player no ones ever heard of in the Xhaka/Mustafi mould.

Shortly after that Sanchez will be off to Munich, but not before Crossy extricates himself from Arsene's sphincter long enough to write another hatchet piece about him being a bad influence and only running 8km per game instead of 10 :roll:

DB10GOONER

Re: When Wenger signs

Post by DB10GOONER »

dano wrote:Looks a done deal, what are your plans?
Sorry dano, we are not having multiple Wenger threads, especially not now. Merged.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sanchez won't stay now, you can mark my words he was ringing his agent up the minute this news was leaked. I can't wait to watch the spin machine deal with that one

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

FFS whats all this Top 4 talk...thats a load of crap.....dont mean Fuck all

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I'd be surprised if anyone is surprised by the news filtering through that Wenger has signed up for another 2 years.

It's disappointing but it was always inevitable when Kroenke is on his side.

The only positive I can find is that the new system, whether found by luck or design, does appear to suit our players far more than 4-5-1. The defence looks better with the added defender in there, the full backs suit the system and it's given Sanchez and Ozil more freedom to work.

We need to bring quality in now but Sanchez has to re-sign otherwise we're back to square one. :(

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Redarmy wrote:FFS whats all this Top 4 talk...thats a load of crap.....dont mean Fuck all

Its the new trophy mate :barscarf: :lol:

bunch

Post by bunch »

Shit.

That's the me ending my 46 years of support.

There used to be a football club in N5, now its a cash generating machine for an American investor.
Last edited by bunch on Tue May 30, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well I had promised to post a celebratory photo of my rock hard pecker on every thread if it was announced he was leaving, so it could be argued today's a good day for the mods. Just looking for the positives.....8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Evening Standard just called me...2 year deal has been signed,will be announced tomorrow. The FA Cup win has apparently "pulled everyone together"

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

flash gunner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:FFS whats all this Top 4 talk...thats a load of crap.....dont mean Fuck all

Its the new trophy mate :barscarf: :lol:
or rather the OLD trophy - the one that we won't be winning anytime soon..

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

g88ner wrote:I'd be surprised if anyone is surprised by the news filtering through that Wenger has signed up for another 2 years.

It's disappointing but it was always inevitable when Kroenke is on his side.

The only positive I can find is that the new system, whether found by luck or design, does appear to suit our players far more than 4-5-1. The defence looks better with the added defender in there, the full backs suit the system and it's given Sanchez and Ozil more freedom to work.

We need to bring quality in now but Sanchez has to re-sign otherwise we're back to square one. :(

I can't believe that anyone is surprised by this news. There was never a doubt in my mind that he would re-sign. It was obvious from day one that there are many customers out there ready to fill the places left behind by disgruntled customers leaving. The business model is spend little and maximise your gains accordingly. The return has been diminished this year slightly so they'll take the minimum cost option of restoring the status quo next year. That was always going to happen.
I said 12 months back that protests were pointless as the owner doesn't care what we think. All they achieved was to make the manager slightly uncomfortable. The spin will continue and any bad form next season will be blamed squarely on any continued protest causing disruption to the team.

The reality........ no, the very sad reality ........ is that we just have to get on with it now and accept that what we think doesn't matter anymore!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:Well I had promised to post a celebratory photo of my rock hard pecker on every thread if it was announced he was leaving, so it could be argued today's a good day for the mods. Just looking for the positives.....8)

Actually, from what I know of the mods, they'd have loved it !!

:lol: :wink:

EastupperA

Post by EastupperA »

To quote the Sun...

Will the last person out please turn out the lights.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Newcastle United FA Cup WInners 1951, 1952, 1955 and then.....................................FUCK ALL
Arsenal FA Cup Winners 2014, 2015, 2017 and then.....................................this is the start of the great decline everyone, once Sanchez leaves we are into the wilderness

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Well I had promised to post a celebratory photo of my rock hard pecker on every thread if it was announced he was leaving, so it could be argued today's a good day for the mods. Just looking for the positives.....8)

Actually, from what I know of the mods, they'd have loved it !!

:lol: :wink:

we're not all like flash you know!!! :lol: :lol:

by the way Retro, have you got macro mode on your camera? :lol: