The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by officepest »

Well Cavani won’t be coming. PSG see him as the Heir Apparent to Zlatan, whom they are quietly trying to move on.

After Benzema’s public “Go fuck yourself”, it would seem the list of ‘available’ Super Quality strikers dwindles ever further.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Gunner Rob wrote:surely the transfer window closing a day later on 1st September gives us even more time to find someone :rubchin:
:lol: :lol:

Yes yes it does, in the same way that the last pub to close on the street has the most fags on the ground to pick up for a free.

Talkshite arent even bothering to mention AFC now, nothing to report. :cussing:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

This transfer window is the ultimate betrayal by him, in years gone by there was the excuse of financial restriction than waiting to qualify for the group stages, now there are no excuses so he's come up with only signing better than what we have after signing Welbeck last year.

Fact is, he's convinced this squad is good and big enough when it's not, our squad list contains 24 players, 2 are keepers and when you consider the 22 outfield players contain Arteta, Flamini, Campbell, Rosicky & Chambers who are all so far down the pecking order that they might aswel not be on the list and Wilshere who's blighted by injury and Welbeck (whos in the 3 week comeback zone that lasts forever) than its really small.

The players he does have will be run into that famous red zone and when one or two get injured we're fucked, there's no excuses to be in this position.

It's neglect.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I am more convinced more than ever that no one else is coming in to the squad for 2 reasons.
We gave new contracts to Rosicky, Arteta, & Flamini, why? If we were thinking of additions in midfield we would not have kept all 3.
They are all a bit long in the tooth for loaning out, and how stupid would that be?
Secondly the Walcott conundrum, is he there as a right winger? looks like both Ox and Ramsey are ahead of him.
What about as a striker? for all his faults Giroud is a better option as a lone striker, protects the ball better, and that finish at Palace that Walcott would not even have reached, never mind scored.
When eventually fit Welbeck would also be ahead of him, so if a big name striker arrives, that puts Theo in 4th spot, on £130k per week? I dont think so.
So I can only deduce that we should come to terms with the fact that this squad, as far as Wenger is concerned, is complete.
Last edited by foxinthebox2001 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Theoperator wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:surely the transfer window closing a day later on 1st September gives us even more time to find someone :rubchin:

Yes yes it does, in the same way that the last pub to close on the street has the most fags on the ground to pick up for a free.

Talkshite arent even bothering to mention AFC now, nothing to report. :cussing:
Has Spuddy pm'd you yet to find the name of that pub????!! :gayflag: :lol: :wink:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:He aint going to sign anyone else now......thats it another missed opportunity FFS :banghead:
Just out of interest, why do you think that?

It's July 9th, we've only spent £11m and have plenty to spend.

Surely the chances are we will add to our squad between now and the close of the transfer windows?
YEAH and now its 27th of August, see i can read a fucking calendar as well.....with Wenger saying today not hopeful of signing anyone, anyway not like we need anyone is it, with everyone else recruiting like mad :banghead:
Signed Cech only because we had no competition for his signature, he came out and said he wanted Arsenal

This team that works 24/7 trying to sign new players have done another blinding job, all deserve a pay rise

Thats it another missed opportunity FFS

Just to cheer everyone up a bit more, Wenger was asked in his press conference, with Cech being his only signing to date, does he then think that of all the signings his rivals have made, none are better than what he has already?

Like a politician he avoided answering the question.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A headline in the Evening Standard today
"Wenger out shopping day and night" :lol:

It really is comical stuff
Le cock says "we work very hard. I have a team around me who work day and night to find good solutions but we are not close to signing anyone. I am available 24 hours per day" :lol: :lol:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SPARKSY wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:He aint going to sign anyone else now......thats it another missed opportunity FFS :banghead:

Surely the chances are we will add to our squad between now and the close of the transfer windows?
YEAH and now its 27th of August, see i can read a fucking calendar as well.....with Wenger saying today not hopeful of signing anyone, anyway not like we need anyone is it, with everyone else recruiting like mad :banghead:
Signed Cech only because we had no competition for his signature, he came out and said he wanted Arsenal

This team that works 24/7 trying to sign new players have done another blinding job, all deserve a pay rise

Just to cheer everyone up a bit more, Wenger was asked in his press conference, with Cech being his only signing to date, does he then think that of all the signings his rivals have made, none are better than what he has already?

Like a politician he avoided answering the question.
And like a British journalist, I imagine they made no attempt to push him any further :roll:
Gunner Rob wrote:A headline in the Evening Standard today
"Wenger out shopping day and night" :lol:

It really is comical stuff
Le cock says "we work very hard. I have a team around me who work day and night to find good solutions but we are not close to signing anyone. I am available 24 hours per day" :lol: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Redarmy wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Signed Cech only because we had no competition for his signature, he came out and said he wanted Arsenal.

Cheer up. Wenger and his team of chimps are working night and day on this. We're in safe hands :barscarf: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I'm noting an air of resignation in your tone g88ner - not as confident any more ?? :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:I'm noting an air of resignation in your tone g88ner - not as confident any more ?? :shock: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

I can't deny I'm a tad worried :lol:

There's 4 days left and we're not being strongly linked with anyone :shock: - we're entering Ozil territory as he was only strongly linked in the final few days so I remain optimistic :oops: :lol:

My favourite surprise signing of all time though was DENILSON :o :o yes! Mr sideways! :lol: I remember watching sky sports news and way after the deadline had passed, one of the reporters noticed that we'd signed a Brazilian called Denilson... sadly, the excitement of it being THE Denilson from Real Betis died down when it turned out he was a youngster :( Still, what a player he turned out to be :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I heard we are in for Charlie Austin - yunoo steve Austins bro.....at least that's what a bloke on the train said - who was looking at Twitter.... :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Christ alive - it's like a turd that won't flush.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... talks.html

:blah:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm growing more and more confident now that Man U have secured their place in the CL Group stage that they will throw some cast offs our way - Smalling, Evans or Jones, or maybe Chicarito.

Hopefully we can help fund their spending spree again

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

The man is a *word censored*, an arrogant, incompetent *word censored* who I can now no longer stand the sight of. How on earth can this *word censored* sit there knowing that the world is now actually laughing at him and do fuck all? How can we be in this position year after fucking year? Why do we have to put up with this shit and his cunting about? The *word censored* is now actually proving that he doesnt want to spend money. It's there, fucking improve the squad, that's your job, you fucking *word censored*. Now just fuck off.