Schalke Away match thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Schalke Away match thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

Batflyer wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Good to meet you too poldi. Think I saw batflyer as well, but didn't go over in case I looked like a stalker.....
Really? Are you sure it was me, because I was there with my twin brother (not jokin). :D

Did you see me at the ground or in the pub? We went to a pub in Buer, can't remember the name but it was next to a church. When we arrived, there was one stupid Schalke fan who was singing against lots of Gooners. :lol:

You sure you werent just sitting beside a mirror :)

Mood1987

Post by Mood1987 »

Was in that pub, was pretty good actually, although getting to the ground seemed harder than it needed to be. Did you meet the costa del gooner?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Batflyer wrote:
MK Gould wrote:Good to meet you too poldi. Think I saw batflyer as well, but didn't go over in case I looked like a stalker.....
Really? Are you sure it was me, because I was there with my twin brother (not jokin). :D

Did you see me at the ground or in the pub? We went to a pub in Buer, can't remember the name but it was next to a church. When we arrived, there was one stupid Schalke fan who was singing against lots of Gooners. :lol:
I thought I saw you in the upper tier, next to the Schalke fans. There was a nice lady "steward/gamesmaker" at the top of the stairs who was taking peoples pictures and letting you put up flags etc. Was really strange to be treated as a respectable adult human being at a football match!

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

AND let out straight away at the end
how much extra money must all those German pubs have made!

really pisses me off the eejits of Barcelona keeping us back after our annual battering

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

MK Gould wrote:I thought I saw you in the upper tier, next to the Schalke fans.
Couldn't have been me. I was in the lower tier, block W.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Batflyer wrote:
Must have been your brother 8) !

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

MK Gould wrote:
Batflyer wrote:
Must have been your brother 8) !
Haha. :)

You have probably seen/heard some Belgian Gooners. They're from Flanders so they speak Dutch, and they were sitting in the upper tier next to the Schalke fans.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

One embarrassing thing from this night was the guys in front of us..... Seriously hard pwoppa old skool gooners, right down to one of them using his right index finger to indicate that he was going to slit the throat of one of the very friendly Germans sitting alongside.... To be quite honest, he in particular just looked stupid! Thankfully he was close in age to me, which does give me some hope that they are a breed that will slowly die out or evolve.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

MK Gould wrote:One embarrassing thing from this night was the guys in front of us..... Seriously hard pwoppa old skool gooners, right down to one of them using his right index finger to indicate that he was going to slit the throat of one of the very friendly Germans sitting alongside.... To be quite honest, he in particular just looked stupid! Thankfully he was close in age to me, which does give me some hope that they are a breed that will slowly die.....
Could have ended it there, MK! :lol:

I fucking hate these arsehole "hard men". Most turn out to be all mouth or only brave in a crowd. Tosser geebags. :roll: :oops: