Pimped up Mancs (who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ødergaard looks shattered, Gabriel looks a walking mistake, Martinelli has just lost any form, Xhaka is back to his usual self, Ramsdale is make small, frequent and costly errors, Nketiah is just not good enough to rely on as anything other than a short-term back-up and Tomiyasu, fucking hell, no idea what to say.
It's sad to think that they've lost at the bindippers, Manure and the scum but beaten us. Isn't that always how it goes. We can never, ever win when it fucking matters against the top teams. For years it was the chavs, now it's them. We will constantly come up short because we don't have the quality and strength in depth.

cameron326

Re: Pimped up Manc fuckers(who won't be punished in a million years) H Weds Feb 15th KO 730PM Amazon Prime

Post by cameron326 »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:37 pm
Very disappointing. Poor performances again from several players. Saliba seems to have lost some pace since the world cup and runs like Mertesacker now. Gabriel is just flaky, always has been, always will be. Tomi had a nightmare, Martinelli anonymous yet again, Xhaka....dogshit, as is now the norm again and Eddie.......he gets in great positions but he's just not good enough, nowhere near it. Not sure how we make it better, we don't have that many players!
Clone Saka

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Have to give Kiwior a game at the weekend, Trossard should start for Martinelli, and yes, definitely drop Xhaka, Zinny in midfield and Kieran at LB.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:34 pm
Thynker wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:31 pm
Changes needed against Villa.
But who? Trossard for sure

The other popular change people wanted was Tomiyasu for White (inexplicably) and he was complete dog shit

Tierney might be worth a shot and shove Zinchenko into midfield.

Gabriel is an overrated pansy but who comes in? The young Polish lad maybe

Threadbare squad sadly
Ben White is a deeply worrying RB, he makes everybody nervous. I wanted Tomi in for him but he was dreadful tonight, as bad as he was against Brighton. BW is not a RB, but we have nobody else. A paper thin squad, I always felt we never had the squad to go the distance. I don't even think we'll finish 2nd.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The sad thing is that this is a pale imitation of the City teams of the past 3-4 years. That defence is bang average and been found out numerous times this year.

They didn't have to do a thing to win tonight. Two gifted goals from the gods and the team just caved in for the third goal

I'd hoped tonight would prove we could bounce back but looking at the body language there, I'm coming back to my age old argument of lack of leadership. I mentioned our 89 blip, our 98 and 02 blips too but I don't see the Adams, O'Leary, Bould, Dixon, Richardson, Vieira, Petit, Keown characters around that give me confidence of coming out of it. Even the younger players of those generations like Rocastle and Thomas had fighting instincts. Looking at the reactions of Saka, Odegaard and others at the end its like they never believed they could beat City.
Last edited by SteveO 35 on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Our defence that looked so solid all season has imploded in the last few weeks. Ramsdale is flapping at everything, Ben White and Tomi are battling it out to see who’s the league’s worst right back, Saliba is ropey as fuck since the World Cup and Gabriel looks like he could make a massive gaff at any moment.

Just cannot see this team keeping a clean sheet any time soon. The defence went into total self harm mode second half, got away with 4 or 5 suicidal moments before finally getting punished after the sixth.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Obviously gutted, still have game in hand, important thing is to hang in there and at least finish 2nd, that was unthinkable at the start of the season.
It's not over yet and shiteh will slip up when their fixtures pile up.
We've learned tonight, Eddie simply not good enough for first choice, Gabriel unreliable in big games, (I'd let him go in summer)
On a positive note Jorginho showed ge could still prove a useful signing as the season goes on.
We missed Partey and Jesus tonight, the squad is too small to endure a plge season, so maybe we are just ahead if schedule.
I certainly won't be calling for Arteta's head unless we miss out on clge next season and still might not even if we did, if injuries were to play a big part.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Starting to see us now as a Norwich from 88-89 or that first year of the Premier League or Villa in the late 90s. Got on a good run, surprised everyone but when it mattered from February onwards, just fell away due to lack of experience and no strength in depth. If we are going to win the league, we will need to win every home game and most of the aways with perhaps a draw at the dippers and Newcastle being allowed. Look at the dippers last year and a few years earlier, won fucking everywhere but couldn't get past CIty. We've dropped points at Southampton, Everton, Brentford at home, made stupid fucking errors tonight. It's starting to catch up with us now.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

2 clean sheets in our last sixteen home games.

FUCKING HELL :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Funny how the commentators are now talking about all the adjustments Pep made as though that was some sort of managerial genius on display

If his tactics were to deliberately play the ball to Tomiaysu and Gabriel I make them right but pretty sure that wasn't part of the plan

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I called it after Everton. We will be lucky to hang on for 4th.

augie

Post by augie »

Odeargod will be snapped up by madrid or barca ??? Please fcuk off with that shite :roll: Madrid have two pensioners in their midfield and have a few rookies and he still couldnt get into or near their team :oops: :oops:

I have been critical of martinelli lately but I would NOT have subbed him tonight - nearly everything we had went down the other wing, and when we did create chances, they were being missed by league one eddie :roll: :oops: Should have moved him into the 9 and brought on trossard for nketieh on 60 mins

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:30 pm
That f*cking FA Cup tie two weeks ago ruined the momentum. Had a feeling about that fixture.

Absolutely fuming but City played better over 90 so can’t even argue. Just annoyed that we can’t do anything right at the moment. Everton, shit show. Brentford, shit show. City, shit show.

Next week Unai is going Good Ebening us out of the title race.
Villa were pathetic at the Etihad, but under Emery have taken more points than everyone other than the top 3

Won't be easy up there. A game for characters. Have we got them? Only they can answer that

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Don Unai to deliver the knock out blow Saturday morning - absolute scenes :suicide:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:49 pm
I called it after Everton. We will be lucky to hang on for 4th.
10 pts clear of Newcastle, 12 pts clear of scum who have played a game more ,and you think we'll be lucky to finish 4th

:roll: