THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by StuartL »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:22 am
I have been keeping an eye on Burnley these past 2 months. We have them at home second last game of the season - how humiliating if they win that to go ahead of us, or worse, secure a finish above us.

It was let slide when Leicester beat us to the title, I guess because that was an abnormally in which they won the league and we finished 2nd, so Wenger rationalized it as a good season despite the fact we missed a golden chance to win the league (never again in PL history will a teams title rival be a yoyo club - but it was for us, and Wenger still fucked it up). But how can anyone (even Ty from AFTV) justify Wenger, if Burnley finish above us?

If that happens and Wenger remains, then there really would be no standards at all. There isnt a minimum expectation Wenger must deliver to remain at the club. The club and certain fans will accommodate any humiliation, including Burnley finishing above us.

The more I think about Burnely finishing above us, the more I appreciate just how far the standards have dipped. Standards have been long declining, but up until 3 years ago you at least knew where the floor was - a terrible 2 months ending our trophy chances before a late season rally to finish in the top 4. But that floor has collapsed, and collapsed hard. We are in a situation know, where we face the real possibility of Burnley dislodging us from the to 6. And if it did happen, I think anyone would give a F, because the resignation of Wenger hanging around like a bad smell is just entrenched in everyone.

Cmon Wenger lovers, tell me again 'who else could do a better job'? or my favorite, 'if Wenger is sacked, Arsenal will be nothing more than a top 6 club' (John Cross 2014).
We were often told what great shape the club would be in thanks to Wenker’s steering us through choppy waters, it looks like he has taken us full circle to finishing below where we were when he was appointed - namely 5th and Eufa cup competitors under Bruce Ricoh , yes Bruce Ricoh.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

General wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:51 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:32 am
Let's look at what changes need to happen. We need a new goalkeeper, we need to sell and replace Mustafi.
We need at least one central midfielder but possibly 2 to be honest.
I'm hearing that we have no money for the next transfer window and might sell Bellerin to get funds.
If that's true add a right back to the list. Regardless of our Europa League run this team can't defend and against the current top 4 we are miles behind.
If Kroenke doesn't care about Arsenal and won't release any money then our next manager whoever he is will have one hell of a job trying to fix this club.
I would love to know what's happening financially to us. After the players we sold we only spent 7 Million and suddenly we are skint.
Something is very wrong here
The money was used to reduce an excessively high wage bill and plug the hole left by lack of CL football. We should have around £70-80m to spend on new players in the summer. If we amortise transfer over a few years like we always do, it could easily fund new buys between £100-150m. Trusting Wenger to make the right purchases would be suicidal for us.

Financially we are at crossroads and there's little resale value left the squad. Only Ramsey and Bellerin might generate significant transfer fees but we'd have to replace them, akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul. This summer is probably our last chance to instil any sort of balance in the squad. Another season under Wenger will put final nail in our coffin.
Roughly our current wage bill is a staggering 230 Million a year. We earn roughly 150 Million from TV Money, 110 Million in gate receipts, 30 Million kit deal plus around 80 Million from property and other business ventures.
Surely Arsenal want a much better return from their wage bill. I looked at the figures for 2016 and overall we made 3 Million profit. Even the financial sums are against Wenger now.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenger is Fuckked

Arsenal FC is now Fuckked

The World has gone to shyte - Ergo we are All Fuckked.

:suicide:

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 am
Wenger is Fuckked

a lot of effing going on in this post. :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

I care very little as to the undoing of Wenger just as long as he gets undone.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... atest-News

The performance of the team should be the obvious reason (and is to everyone else) but if the empty seats cause him to be replaced then that's fine by me.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Midz wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm
I care very little as to the undoing of Wenger just as long as he gets undone.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... atest-News

The performance of the team should be the obvious reason (and is to everyone else) but if the empty seats cause him to be replaced then that's fine by me.
lets hope this story is true,if so the answer is DONT GO TO THE EMIRATES,we could see him gone by may especially with a bumming in the European pub league

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wenger is Fuckked

FFS What the Fuckin' ell you Fuckin' on about mate!? :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:11 am
Midz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wenger is Fuckked

post has been effed now more than Rooney's granny.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:11 am
Midz wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wenger is Fuckked

post has been effed now more than Rooney's granny.
:puke:

But also....

:coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

As per usual, merse is a bit watery in his criticisms - stand up and be a man ffs :roll:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... re-discuss

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Wenger has just been asked about the Emirates lack of attendance.

His reponse:

"we have played on special days" :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:57 am
Wenger has just been asked about the Emirates lack of attendance.

His reponse:

"we have played on special days" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you shitting me ?? :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RobG

Post by RobG »

Apologies if this has been posted already, but.....

Wilson is pretty well informed about Arsenal 'thinking'....so....... :barscarf:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... ne-wenger/

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wenger will not quit so he will have to be sacked which is what Gazidis is trying to organise but he has failed miserably for the last few years,I'm not overly confident that it will happen .
A Power struggle over the would be Kings plays right into Wengers hands as Boss man Kroenke will see him as the safe option !
Could be a master stroke from the most Machiavellian Wenger !

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Herd wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 am
Wenger will not quit so he will have to be sacked which is what Gazidis is trying to organise but he has failed miserably for the last few years,I'm not overly confident that it will happen .
A Power struggle over the would be Kings plays right into Wengers hands as Boss man Kroenke will see him as the safe option !
Could be a master stroke from the most Machiavellian Wenger !
Arsenal do not care about their supporters anymore. Wenger does not care about the supporters at all and will hang on to his job next season for sure.
Season ticket sales are good so the Kroenke won't panic. If the tickets are still selling then Wenger will stay. It's all about money and although our wage bill is 230 Million a year we don't spend big on transfers. After selling we spent 7 Million last year.