BSM March before Swansea

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
M-50

Re: BSM March before Swansea

Post by M-50 »

Wenger has done himself no favours in the last couple of seasons, by not addressing our frailties on the pitch, but he is not the root of our problems, nowhere near it

We sold all of our big name players because of one man - Stan Kroenke, and they will continue to be shipped regardless if they want to or not

That mug has a history of shipping out the best players and making corporate financial organisations of sporting clubs, his outlook at ours is no different, and it's the reason I'll never attend another home game while he is running our club

Save your energy by chanting for Wenger out, it's Kroenke that needs ousting first and foremost

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

M-50 wrote:Wenger has done himself no favours in the last couple of seasons, by not addressing our frailties on the pitch, but he is not the root of our problems, nowhere near it

We sold all of our big name players because of one man - Stan Kroenke, and they will continue to be shipped regardless if they want to or not

That mug has a history of shipping out the best players and making corporate financial organisations of sporting clubs, his outlook at ours is no different, and it's the reason I'll never attend another home game while he is running our club

Save your energy by chanting for Wenger out, it's Kroenke that needs ousting first and foremost
You might be right (although Kroenke has nothing to do with bad purchases and lack of tactical awareness etc etc etc) but Wenger is implicit in his involvement for accepting the situation

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

First of all fella, what can we do to actually remove Kroenke? Nobody can compel him to sell his shares. Furthermore, it's the whole board and not just him. He only accounts for one of several directors, it's not like the shareholders passed an ordinary resolution to sell our best players time and time again. Wenger was willing to sell them and the board willing to sign that off. Before Kroenke came in we were committed to this 'self-sustainability' bollocks and Wenger let slip we needed to break even on transfers for something like 17 years to pay for the stadium. Fans are for some reason proud that he can read a balance sheet: it's not his fucking job. I don't actually think for a minute that the club give a shit what the fans think or we wouldn't be in this current mess, but at least the increase in pressure on Wenger is tangible and although he's a stubborn wanker there's no way he's not feeling the heat at all. I don't think Kroenke is too

Secondly, did Kroenke decide to reward Denilson, Almunia, Bendtner, Squillaci, Park, Rosicky, Diaby, Arshavin and others with lucrative long-term deals meaning we can't even get shot of them? Is Kroenke the one responsible for Gervinho starting as a lone striker on multiple occasions? Do you think Kroenke is delighted that selling Europe's best striker paid for Giroud and Gervinho? Is Kroenke's shareholding the reason we stick rigidly to this 4-5-1 system that so obviously doesn't suit us? Is it Kroenke who continually praises mediocrity and has instilled an air of arrogance, premature achievement and self-importance into the squad? Nobody forced Wenger to invent a trophy to celebrate finishing 20-odd points off the top, he shares the board's views.

You won't find any Kroenke fans here but to suggest Wenger isn't right at the heart of the problem is nonsense.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
M-50 wrote:Wenger has done himself no favours in the last couple of seasons, by not addressing our frailties on the pitch, but he is not the root of our problems, nowhere near it

You might be right (although Kroenke has nothing to do with bad purchases and lack of tactical awareness etc etc etc) but Wenger is implicit in his involvement for accepting the situation
Precisely, Wenger likes to put across this air of a gentleman of honour and integrity, never renaging on a contract etc, but he is either complicit in selling off our better players to make a profit for the club (and I wouldn't wonder a cut for him too) or he is just sitting back and letting it happen, while saying nothing, while the team fall further and further away from the top table under his tenure.

Deleerious

Post by Deleerious »

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bsmsurvey

Fill this out please guys...