The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Jock Gooner

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 am
Wow. Fuck me. It is hilarious in a bad way that one or two of you think the violence in NI is down to the Irish only. I'm assuming you don't know that your government / royal family instigated the "Irish Problem" through empire building and invasion?

I'm no fan of the concept of a United Ireland (we would go broke within a year if it ever happened) but I find some of the arrogant blasé comments on this thread pretty offensive and plain stupid tbh.

Believe me if that shit kicks off up there again then the UK becomes a target for those murdering IRA bastards again and quite possibly we will see retaliatory attacks in Dublin from the UVF / UDA filth. :censored:

While I share your concerns, I think we also have to remember that there is a completely different attitude to terrorism these days. Back in the day the US was quite happy for the IRA to do it's thing and for the NORAID collection buckets to be passed around in bars. Then 9/11 happened to the Americans and terrorism was no longer just about a bunch of harmless Irish boys putting it to the Brits. There would be a much quicker and harder response to any attempt by the bone heads on either side to start up again and they would find themselves targeted very quickly.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:37 am
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 am
Thanks for your reply what my figures do show is the disparity between London ( the haves ) and the rest of the country that are sratching a living .

As for Ireland it may be upsetting for some of the contingent here but , it takes two people to have a fight , if there is no will for it , then it will not happen. it's down to them.
i will keep put of the irish question as augie is probably better placed to comment on that.
however your interpretation of how many people voted for Brexit is quite frankly embarrassing.

despite going on the people's vote march I do have some misgivings about a 2nd referendum, but it does appear that might be the only answer now.

if I was a Brexiteer I would be asking why has Brexit not been implemented as the government said that it would. you can't have a go at Theresa May though - she has come up with her version of Brexit, which fulfils the criteria asked in the referendum. the problem is that there are too many people moaning about her deal. Ok then that is admitting that you DID NOT KNOW WHAT YOU VOTED FOR and that a second referendum is necessary. As I have said before either agree with Theresa May's deal or shut up. You can't have it both ways.

Quite frankly Rob. You really are an embarrassment. :shock:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:
Thanks for your reply what my figures do show is the disparity between London ( the haves ) and the rest of the country that are sratching a living .

As for Ireland it may be upsetting for some of the contingent here but , it takes two people to have a fight , if there is no will for it , then it will not happen. it's down to them.
i will keep put of the irish question as augie is probably better placed to comment on that.
however your interpretation of how many people voted for Brexit is quite frankly embarrassing.

despite going on the people's vote march I do have some misgivings about a 2nd referendum, but it does appear that might be the only answer now.

if I was a Brexiteer I would be asking why has Brexit not been implemented as the government said that it would. you can't have a go at Theresa May though - she has come up with her version of Brexit, which fulfils the criteria asked in the referendum. the problem is that there are too many people moaning about her deal. Ok then that is admitting that you DID NOT KNOW WHAT YOU VOTED FOR and that a second referendum is necessary. As I have said before either agree with Theresa May's deal or shut up. You can't have it both ways.

what's embarrassing about what I put ?
Ok I take it you are happy with the Theresa May deal, and that was what you voted for.
Sorry if i offended you.

The Arsenal Way

No, Rob.
I feel embarrassed for you.....that you strive for the RIGHT outcome for YOUR cause, whilst quite ignoring the outcome of a national referendum, because it wasn't the outcome that you wanted mate.
Gawd forbid that the 'yellowcoats,' all seventeen million of them that voted to EXIT to beauracratic tyranny of the EU, were to forget their apathy, and rise up againt injustice of not delivering their democracy.
who'd have thunk it?

The Arsenal Way

By the way Rob.
You, and Nut (busted) Flush Gooner are traitors.
You pillocks are going against the will of the VOTERS.
Snowflakes.
You really are both an embarrassment to to the suffragettes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:53 pm
By the way Rob.
Snowflakes.
Nice poker analogy from an Aussie ;) I thought most of them are fish. Are you Tony G by any chance?

And why does Brexit bother you if you live in Australia?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:32 am
A11M11 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:03 pm
How is it embarrasing to look at things from a different perspective ?

Anyway Why should people that wanted a clean break from the E,U shut up . > you haven't since the result of the referendum and probably no doubt never will. Those of us that saw through the aims of it many years ago and I am not talking trade agreements which sensibly handled are a good thing , have seen the gradual whittling down of nations independence, not just ours , and if people bothered to notice the gap between rich and poor throughout Europe like Topsy it has grown.
It was always devised to divide and rule like a Borg collective and just wait until it starts controlling your tax affairs , your rights to speak in opposition.
We have one chance to go from it's clutches and that is now . There's little in May's deal that allows that , it will leave us still tied to their apron strings. We need to deal with them but not be part of them.
As for the peoples vote :- Remember the words of Jose Manuel Barroso, who said "They must go on voting until they get it right," Following the 2001 Irish vote and the French and Dutch ones a little later. the super-state umbrella conceived by Jacques Delors in the 1980s and Giscard d'Estaing in the 1990s is still marching forward . If you want to march with it , that's your choice but that's the real reason that so many voted against it .

Trade with them is good , being swallowed ? you will live to regret it.

Nutty I was born to the Arsenal , it was in my family from my grandfather being a blacksmith at Woolwich at the turn of the century. Doesn't mean that I have to like what has happened to the area I was forced to leave because of finance and when I come back which is quite ofen at least 20 times a season , I hardly recognise the place . So don't question my position re The Arsenal.
I was brought up in Archway, it was a shithole back then my parents where served with a compulsory purchase order on what was a three storey townhouse which was knocked down and they moved further out into the suburbs. The same house today in an area that has changed immeasurably for the better with the leafy crouch end just up the road would fetch north of £1.3m for quite a modest house. And yet we dont walk round feeling sorry for ourselves.

What would you rather the area was like, not safe to walk around at night for fear of getting mugged in places like shite hart lane or somewhere that loads of bars, restaurants and shops spring up creating a real cosmopolitan vibe. Not forgetting businesses further enhancing the area creating jobs and prosperity.
tory

The Arsenal Way

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
By the way Rob.
Snowflakes.
Nice poker analogy from an Aussie ;) I thought most of them are fish. Are you Tony G by any chance?

There you go again Nut Flush. Gobshiter.
I'm a Londoner......all my life, chum. Born there, lived and voted for my right to Brexit.
I voted to exit Europe, because I was about before Ted Heath involved us in more than the EC, which has become the behemoth thast it is today.
Been a Gooner for longer than you were wasting oxygen.
Just been here in WA for a few month's chum.
Check it out with my IP addy with DB10.
Previous addy was TopLondoner on here.
There you go again.........scaremonger.
Go and have your brexit 69 stuff with Rob and stop with yer biggy bollocks gobby stuff.

The Arsenal Way

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:58 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
A11M11 wrote:

what's embarrassing about what I put ?
Ok I take it you are happy with the Theresa May deal, and that was what you voted for.
Sorry if i offended you.
You really are stupid Rob.
You generalise, just to make an impertinent point.
I'm not offended, but I guess that you are

nut flush gooner

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
By the way Rob.
Snowflakes.

I'm a Londoner......all my life, chum. Born there, lived and voted for my right to Brexit.
I voted to exit Europe, because I was about before Ted Heath involved us in more than the EC, which has become the behemoth thast it is today.
Go and have your brexit 69 stuff with Rob and stop with yer biggy bollocks gobby stuff.
Whats Ted Heath got to do with the status quo in Europe? The rest of what you say just seems like a load of waffle to me.

At least the other contributors make an effort to debate, rather than blast hot air. Try it.

The Arsenal Way

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:30 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
By the way Rob.
Snowflakes.

Whats Ted Heath got to do with the status quo in Europe? The rest of what you say just seems like a load of waffle to me.

At least the other contributors make an effort to debate, rather than blast hot air. Try it.
Why not look at history, Edward Richard George Heath. You're a blinkered w4nker NutFlush

nut flush gooner

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:35 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:30 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
The Arsenal Way wrote:
By the way Rob.
Snowflakes.

Why not look at history, Edward Richard George Heath. You're a blinkered w4nker NutFlush
I know who Ted Heath is, but clearly, unlike you don't live in the past.........

The Arsenal Way

Tony G ?

That all you got ?????
Idiot.

Insults, because you're a loser idiot

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I was brought up in Archway,

Not far then although I suspect my time in Kentish Town /Gospel Oak was somewhat earlier As for the Arsenal my first game was 1956.
I stayed until I was 21 played in the broken down pre -fabs and bomb sites as a kid and then moved away when it was too expensive to stay when I grew up.
I don't regret it for a minute , I would not move back and I do not walk around feeling sorry for myself . In fact I feel sorry for those that cannot see past their noses and believe that they will have a happier time shackled to this organisation.
I urge you to read the things that the Lisbon treaty has lined up for you in a few years time . Also take time to read the recently signed Marrakech agreement and then read between the lines .
Just as the government ae asking for concrete evidence on the back stop perhaps there should be something legal about the not binding section of these.
Things are moving on , the E.U of today will not be the one of tomorrow. As it expands and ties in more countries to it's project, the chances are that it will require more money to keep expanding it's markets and like all governments it spends the peoples money so look out for your subsidies , rebates and vetoes . not to mention the pound sterling.
In this country , we have never really taken it too seriously the percentage of U.K voters in their elections has been since 1979 about 33% . But in the background so many treaties and policy documents get accepted because we don't really follow it's machinations .
There is much coming over the horizon that we do not get told and from what I have read it's confirmed my opinion that we should have left when it ceased to be purely a trading group and became a political entity.i.e Maastricht

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:48 pm
No, Rob.
I feel embarrassed for you.....that you strive for the RIGHT outcome for YOUR cause, whilst quite ignoring the outcome of a national referendum, because it wasn't the outcome that you wanted mate.
Gawd forbid that the 'yellowcoats,' all seventeen million of them that voted to EXIT to beauracratic tyranny of the EU, were to forget their apathy, and rise up againt injustice of not delivering their democracy.
who'd have thunk it?
why will you refuse to ask my simple question ?
I will ask it again - do you support Theresa May's Brexit deal ?

and sixteen million people in this country voted to remain, and that is a figure that is only going to increase as the likes of you die out.
don't rush back from Australia either.