Carling Cup Final footy thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Post by 1989 »

Andrei says Shhhhh wrote:Who was the Brum twat that struck Koscelny in the head after the goal.

A classless act which I hope comes back to haunt the person responsible.
He deserved it for breaking every Gooner's heart.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

:( :( :cry: :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Andrei says Shhhhh wrote:Who was the Brum twat that struck Koscelny in the head after the goal.

A classless act which I hope comes back to haunt the person responsible.
He deserved it for breaking every Gooner's heart.

In all fairness that is total bollox - go back and watch that whole game and judge the guy on those 90+ minutes instead of that 1 costly mistake. Kos held that backline together whilst his more experienced team-mates literally shit themselves all fcuking day long :evil: :banghead:

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Arsenal 1991 wrote:Image

:cry:

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

nexum5me wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
nexum5me wrote:has wenger now lost more finals than he's won?
Yes. Won 4 lost 5. :(
depressing.
i can't imagine there's another manager that's lost as many finals as him.
i know getting to finals at all means you must be doing something right, but fuck me it's far more painful losing in a final than going out in the 4th round
We've also lost 10 finals in the last 30 years. :cry:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Wilshere :cry:

Post by 1989 »

fucking hell :cry: :cry: :cry:

Andrei says Shhhhh

Post by Andrei says Shhhhh »

on twitter

DJTayo Tayo Popoola
I was about to say: looking for positives I've saved 120 minutes on the sky plus.

:coffeespit:

Now at the "using humour to numb the pain" stage. :(

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

1989 wrote:

cor.

show's he's a winner though. not literally a winner today but you know what i mean. the 10% of english grit that we have in our team, love him.

Ted B

Post by Ted B »

double post.

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

One trophy gone and yes it was supposed to be a handy one but life isn’t that simple.
Get over it.
Birmingham fans could tell you that this was the 2nd trophy in their entire history and they never stop supporting their club.
A sector of our support could take a leaf from their book methinks.

No complaints, if anything the ref and co. favoured us and was willing to play advantage at every foul.
On the day, we didn’t have the wit and wisdom to deal with their ariel and physical game. They closed us down and made us rush things. They had a game plan and it worked.
Good luck to them

We have an element of apprehension in almost all our games where as fans, we are nearly expecting the part in the game where something goes terribly wrong and I personally am sick of that feeling .
However, that will only change when we as support cease to assume success and enjoy it only as it comes. This was a one off game and that is all.
4 points is the gap in the league and Utd have a difficult schedule so we shall see what we shall see there. We take a lead if not a full squad to Barcelona. Getting on the team’s back because of this one result will not further the cause, either ours or theirs.
The media will delight and have the knives out for our players and our manager as they detest our club’s methods and Arsene Wenger who employs them.
I have seen us lose many finals and this on the scale of things was nothing to set ourselves on fire over.

Should this team be fortunate enough to have the opportunity to return to Wembly again this season, this result may yet have purpose and dividend.

Victory through harmony.
Don’t you forget it.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

piresistible wrote:Victory through harmony.
How apt that the club no longer deem this worthy of being on our crest...

Post by 1886 »

Ted Baker wrote:
1989 wrote:

cor.

show's he's a winner though. not literally a winner today but you know what i mean. the 10% of english grit that we have in our team, love him.
Well said.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

enjoy Wilshire why he is here, he will be wearing the blue of City or Chelsea in 4 years time

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

Captain Fabregas wrote:Nasri is on the wing with Rosicky in the middle :roll: :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :x :x :x :( :(
I feared this would happen during the week. :(