Experiences with fans leaving early.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Experiences with fans leaving early.

Post by flash gunner »

goonersid wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:
LDB wrote:Plenty of superfans in this thread :D :wink:

For run-of-the-mill home games my rule is that I stay till the end if the game is one goal within effecting a result. If not then i generally start heading towards the exit a minute or two into injury time meaning im on the concourse as the full time whistle blows.

This probably qualifies me for a right (spit) roasting from mikey and his well 'ard block 6 mates :shock:

i take it you leave cinema's early. Before the film ends?
If the film is crap and I can see how it is going to end, then yes. :lol:
Blimey i feel sorry for your wife :lol:

slag

Post by slag »

Only happened to me once, Germany V Ireland in WC 02..was so 'kin cold and I was in a tshirt, left on 90 and missed Keanes equaliser.

MadRich

Post by MadRich »

Never!
I pay far too much money for my ST to waste it.
That Newcastle winner is worth all those times I've waited with faint hope of turning it around.

Last minute winners will be in memory forever.

I just don't understand it at all.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Never understood why so many leave early, generally the most memorable games have last second action, do you think any gooners left early away to liverpool 89?...... I very much doubt it. Even if we don't come away with a win it's always a good laugh staying to the end, especially away days....... we love you arsenal at OT, was not there for the 8-2 but went twice in the 09/10 season, we got battered in the league and fa cup, and for one of those games (I can't remember which) the entire away end stayed and chanted, they locked us in for 10 min and when they opened the gates no-one would leave!! I actually got kicked by one of the stewards who was trying to get us out (this was about 40 mins after the final whistle mind and he looked very hungry). It's funny though the ones that leave early are most likely the ones who get stressed about the traffic, FFS put on 606 and chill the :censored: out!!

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

people who arrive late is annoying too.
usually not knowing which row they're supposed to be in either.

it's not like the kick off time is a last minute suprise, there's usually a good month to make sure you're ready for it!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

nexum5me wrote:people who arrive late is annoying too.

it's not like the kick off time is a last minute suprise, there's usually a good month to make sure you're ready for it!
I've arrived late a few times. It's more of a testament to TFL's sheer incomeptene, especially at weekends, than the fan in question.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

New looking forum, same tired discussions.

I don't leave early, some do, its well documented, why do we need to talk about every few weeks?

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

I have to admit that I have left as early as half time :shock: In my defence we were losing to Bolton and I was so pissed that I thought it was full time. Even a nigh on empty Holloway Rd didn't make the penny drop, it was only when I was on the train home when my Dad phoned me to discuss what a great game it was that the penny finally dropped :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
LDB wrote:Plenty of superfans in this thread :D :wink:

For run-of-the-mill home games my rule is that I stay till the end if the game is one goal within effecting a result. If not then i generally start heading towards the exit a minute or two into injury time meaning im on the concourse as the full time whistle blows.

This probably qualifies me for a right (spit) roasting from mikey and his well 'ard block 6 mates :shock:

i take it you leave cinema's early. Before the film ends?
Oh I see. Football is like a day out at the cinema for you is it? You've gone from hard man to Tarquin in the space of one thread :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Delorean Dor's wrote:I have to admit that I have left as early as half time :shock: In my defence we were losing to Bolton and I was so pissed that I thought it was full time. Even a nigh on empty Holloway Rd didn't make the penny drop, it was only when I was on the train home when my Dad phoned me to discuss what a great game it was that the penny finally dropped :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I heard that story from Percy before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delorean Dor's

Post by Delorean Dor's »

flash gunner wrote:
Delorean Dor's wrote:I have to admit that I have left as early as half time :shock: In my defence we were losing to Bolton and I was so pissed that I thought it was full time. Even a nigh on empty Holloway Rd didn't make the penny drop, it was only when I was on the train home when my Dad phoned me to discuss what a great game it was that the penny finally dropped :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I heard that story from Percy before :lol: :lol: :lol:
I blame the tequilla man in Che's

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

SWLGooner wrote:
nexum5me wrote:people who arrive late is annoying too.

I've arrived late a few times. It's more of a testament to TFL's sheer incomeptene, especially at weekends, than the fan in question.
the only game i've ever arrived late to is the fa cup semi final at cardiff against blackburn. should've been there in plenty of time but the :censored: train broke down just past reading :banghead: :banghead:
got to the stadium about twenty minutes in to the game so didn't miss any goals thank f***

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

It's baffling how any one ever leaves early, given the numbers on here who claim they never do. :roll: