Fabrice Muamba

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Revgoon89

Re: Fabrice Muamba

Post by Revgoon89 »

Latest report indicates that he is breathing but in critical condition and in intensive care. :(

Hold on man. You don't need to die like this...

T.S

Post by T.S »

Revgoon89 wrote:Latest report indicates that he is breathing but in critical condition and in intensive care. :(

Hold on man. You don't need to die like this...
Damn. I took 'stable' to mean that the situation was under control. As I know nothing about these things, I'll bite my tongue from now on until something definite has happened. Come on, Fabrice!

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Just woke up and checked the news to see what the score was. :shock: Can't believe it. Hope he pulls through and my thoughts are with his family and team mates.

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Hoping that Muamba is going to pull through. Horrible to see anyone in that situation, let alone an ex-gooner.

Massive credit to the medical personnel there today - both physio teams, and St John's Ambulance volunteers, plus of course the NHS. I must say I feared the worst, so the news that he's breathing is positive.

I don't think we should read too much into the stable/critical thing. It's standard procedure. We'll know more tomorrow. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Thoughts and prayers going to him and his family. Hope he can make a full recovery. Truly sad news.

Post by 1989 »

I hope to God he pulls through. Come on Fabrice mate, we're all rooting for you.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

All praying for Fabrice.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

It really does put things in perspective.

Please god he pulls through.

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

Just logged in to be greeted with the Fabrice ' sticky ' thinking wtf. What can you say, except you never know, do you? Wishing the lad well and credit to all who have fought to keep him alive. Hang in there and get well soon.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Oh man. Really hope that he is ok. Saw the match yesterday on tv and have never seen such a eerie atmosphere in a football match. Credit to spurs fans who looked genuinely concerned, chanted his name and clapping after the match was abandoned.

MadRich

Post by MadRich »

I think he is over the worst situation, hopefully he pulls through.

In a way he is probably 'fortunate' to have been playing because he wouldn't have got the help he needed in time.

FromCorkLike

Post by FromCorkLike »

Just logged in this morning and was shocked to see this. Very very sad. Prayers are with him and his family and really hope he pulls through. Also massive credit is due to the medical team at whl and both sets of fans. Fans are often on the back pages for all the wrong reasons and its heartening to see a reaction like this. Regardless of what Shankley said, it is only a game.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I am no expert but the first 24 hours are vital. Get through this, the Arsenal family are thinking of you mate. Very Sad

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Was out all day and saw the news on facebook, shocking! Got my Fingers
Crossed for the lad, sounds like a real determined guy to get to where he is now all we can do is hope
Now!
Credit to the medical staff and both sets of fans!