The "Y" Word debate

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
DB10GOONER

Re: The "Y" Word debate

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I think this current debate is about the politicians trying to gain the vote of a particular section of society.
I don't use the term myself but equally I don't cringe when I hear it (although I would prefer not to).

My only concern relates to the term ' Jackeen Fuckmuppet' as if I am no longer allowed to use that I might have to start calling people things like 'Dwarfy Alan' or 'DB9 1/2'.
:lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are now officially sacked as my pocket warmer, little fella. Back to Disneyland Paris with ya! :x

:-P :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

You've no idea how much better I feel now :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I noticed last Sunday during the Villa/Spuds game on Sky that the collar of the current Spuds shirt is a distinctive Y shape... I wonder...? :? :?

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Welcome back spuddy.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Chippy wrote:Welcome back spuddy.
Spud u like ?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Nice to be back Chippy but don't know how long it will be for.

My absence has been mainly caused by working abroad for long periods and then having too much to do whilst at home for short periods.
Currently I'm unemployed (although I have found a new job that I'll start soon) so i have plenty of time to come on here and haunt my little dwarfy friend from Dublin.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:You've no idea how much better I feel now :lol:
Cleaner too... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Nice to be back Chippy but don't know how long it will be for.

My absence has been mainly caused by working abroad for long periods and then having too much to do whilst at home for short periods.
Currently I'm unemployed (although I have found a new job that I'll start soon) so i have plenty of time to come on here and haunt my little dwarfy friend from Dublin.
So not only is One Bard Ewok Oirish now you say he's from Dublin AS WELL???!!! :shock:

:barscarf: :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Could be, and if you ever meet him you'll be able to stand up to your full height and look him in the knee :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Could be, and if you ever meet him you'll be able to stand up to your full height and look him in the gee :lol: :lol:

And he's transgender too??!! :shock:

:lol:

So, can I take it from your reply that you will now be warming his pockets? I'm genuinely hurt you could move on so quickly... :(

:wink:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Back to the subject of this thread. A work colleague of mine (Non-Jewish Gooner) went to a Bar-Mitzvah at the weekend. Unfortunately, the kid and his family were all Spuds. However, the boy was welcomed up to the front by chants of 'Yido! Yido!' so proving the vast majority are not offended. Even the non-football supporters there thought it was funny. The only downside was having to sit behind someone wearing a skullcap with the Tottnumb badge embroidered on it!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

goonertux wrote:However, the boy was welcomed up to the front by chants of 'Yido! Yido!' so proving the vast majority are not offended. Even the non-football supporters there thought it was funny.
I apologise if I have posted this before, but I have sat in a synagogue service with a Spurs supporting Hasidic friend of mine (who wears the black hat and black suit, has "Peyot" - the side locks, and has a two foot long beard) and he has shouted out "**** Army" at a certain point in the proceedings!
But it proves the whilst majority of the people at that Bar Mitzvah were not offended, some others like me whilst not offended, think it is a "misplaced" use of the word.