FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Re: FA CUP THREAD Liverpool

Post by topgoon »

Just read the funniest thing I'll read all season on an Everton forum.

Talking about our game against the victims and talking about AW he wrote " wenger should be able to work them out tactically now he's played them"

When I stopped laughing I wondered if any other teams fans out there actually watch us and think there is a plan :shock:

The only plan is a misguided high line against anybody regardless of the opposition's strengths and zonal marking and we all know how effective that is against savvy opponents. :oops: :banghead:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Kevin Palmer ‏@kpsundayworld 35m
Wenger confirms he will rest key players for @LFC FA Cup game on Sunday ahead of the Bayern clash. Are @Arsenal running out of gas? #AFC
Rest players for Liverpool in anticipation of Bayern; lose to Liverpool, get thumped by Bayern. Inspector Clueless strikes again :roll:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

(not much more to add)

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Don't have a problem with him resting players and picking the likes of Gnabry, Bendtner, Podolski, Flamini vs Liverpool, because the alternatives are playing so badly, I don't see how it can get much worse than the first Liverpool game or 1st half last night.

If we were bang in form and then he rested those form players vs Liverpool, then I'd have more of a problem.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Robin_L wrote:Don't have a problem with him resting players and picking the likes of Gnabry, Bendtner, Podolski, Flamini vs Liverpool, because the alternatives are playing so badly, I don't see how it can get much worse than the first Liverpool game or 1st half last night.

If we were bang in form and then he rested those form players vs Liverpool, then I'd have more of a problem.
Fair point.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Flappy in goal and jenkinson and monreal at full backs..thats 3 switches we dont want right there, but we know it'll happen.Hopefully he leaves Artita and the sloth up top out.

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Robin_L wrote:Don't have a problem with him resting players and picking the likes of Gnabry, Bendtner, Podolski, Flamini vs Liverpool, because the alternatives are playing so badly, I don't see how it can get much worse than the first Liverpool game or 1st half last night.

Very true.

I got so sick and tired of watching Giroud and his big dopey, square head in front of goal last night I would gladly 'rest' him.

If Sanogo is fit then it may be time to give him or Akpom a run out (I'll take cover now), no other striker we have is exactly pulling up trees. Wenger did not buy in the last window as we all wish he had so if he has confidence in what he has already, then he should stand them up to be counted, or counted out!

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Dan_85 wrote:
Kevin Palmer ‏@kpsundayworld 35m
Wenger confirms he will rest key players for @LFC FA Cup game on Sunday ahead of the Bayern clash. Are @Arsenal running out of gas? #AFC
Rest players for Liverpool in anticipation of Bayern; lose to Liverpool, get thumped by Bayern. Inspector Clueless strikes again :roll:
did someone leak the script for this season???? this is starting to feel awfully familiar..

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Akpom is back so he might get a run out. He did alright in pre-season against a much better city defence. Also, anticipate Zelalem making a subs appearance.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

If we or swansea get through to the quarter final then our game against them on the 8th March will be moved. Does anyone know if silvers/reds can get a refund if they cannot make the rearranged date?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

so we are going to rest players in a competition that we can win for a match in a competition that we can't win.

basically what the club is saying is that qualifying for a competition that we can't win is the height of our ambition.
we are not bothered about actually winning proper trophies.

it is a shame that so many of our supporters have been brainwashed into thinking that top 4 is a trophy.
maybe they should ask what the point of finishing in the top 4 actually is? because I am failing to see any benefit whatsoever

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Bookies actually have the mousers as slight favourites for this game, that's shocking and a damning indictemnt of Wenger.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I will be particularly annoyed if Chesney is dropped for this one.

the outfield players less so because they are playing so shit anyway

but what I am particularly annoyed about is this:
we played a strong side v Coventry. Wilshire even got injured and it cost us points in the following league game.
what was the point of this when Wenger knew all along that he would play a weakened side in the 5th round because it would be played just before the Bayern match?

it is another example of the club doing just enough to beat the smaller teams and then when a big match comes along (chelsea in the league cup this season) we just hold up the white flag. this club is becoming a big embarrassment

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

I also don't mind Poldi, Ox, Flamini and (gulp) Bendtner starting, but he can't surely bugger around at CB can he, as Vermaelen isn't fit, so we'll at least get Mertesacker and Koscielny. Bit of pace in midfield would be no bad thing and Giroud's not going to score anyway.
I do hope Gibbs plays as he's faster.

Winning the CL is a bad joke, so not prioritising the FA Cup is insanity. But ours not to question why etc.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sam59 wrote:I also don't mind Poldi, Ox, Flamini and (gulp) Bendtner starting, but he can't surely bugger around at CB can he, as Vermaelen isn't fit, so we'll at least get Mertesacker and Koscielny. Bit of pace in midfield would be no bad thing and Giroud's not going to score anyway.
I do hope Gibbs plays as he's faster.

Winning the CL is a bad joke, so not prioritising the FA Cup is insanity. But ours not to question why etc.

thats it just pay your money and shut up :lol: