Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:42 pm
Rumours Gabriel is on the bench again ,Jesus Augie will have a canary :lol: Havertz up front

I feel like I am in a time warp where it is wenger time again :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augie for the love of god please go that meeting for fuck sake :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Arsenal XI:

Aaron Ramsdale (GK), William Saliba, Ben White, Thomas Partey, Bukayo Saka, Martin Odegaard, Gabriel Martinelli, Eddie Nketiah, Takehiro Tomiyasu, Kai Havertz, Declan Rice

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:42 pm
Rumours Gabriel is on the bench again ,Jesus Augie will have a canary :lol: Havertz up front
ah ze classiq leetle beet andbarakee is about to go on

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:38 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm
Ray C wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:04 am
All I ask is no Viera on the bench & no yellow away strip with wobbly lines !! Any sort of win would also do. :barscarf: :barscarf:

As local club secretary here I am supposed to be attending a league meeting tonight and am skipping it to watch this game - sure as night follows day we will curl up into a ball tonight and get turned over by the palace ultras ( :roll: ) and I will berate myself for skipping that meeting :oops: :oops:

If we play the same system and personel out of position like we did against forest then I dont give us a snowballs chance in hell tonight, but if we pick the team properly and play with a sensible system then you have to say that we should win tonight

But why bother Augie? If you're so convinced it's going to be a negative outcome.

Genuinely I mean why ?

Where did I say I was convinced about anything ? :? What I said/meant is that me skipping my responsibilities as club secretary could bring bad karma for us tonight :(

What I also said that IF we played players in their proper positions and with a proper system, THEN I would expect us to win - sadly we have a basque cock in charge :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:49 pm
Augie for the love of god please go that meeting for fuck sake :lol:

I'm only sorry I cant watch the game in same room as you tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 stats that sky sports news wheeled out earlier that shocked the shit out of me -

1. palace have won more pts than we have since woy hodgson took over palace last season :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

2. :oops: el basque has never won a monday night football game since he became AFC manager :shock: :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Ray C wrote:
All I ask is no Viera on the bench & no yellow away strip with wobbly lines !! Any sort of win would also do. :barscarf: :barscarf:

As local club secretary here I am supposed to be attending a league meeting tonight and am skipping it to watch this game - sure as night follows day we will curl up into a ball tonight and get turned over by the palace ultras ( :roll: ) and I will berate myself for skipping that meeting :oops: :oops:

If we play the same system and personel out of position like we did against forest then I dont give us a snowballs chance in hell tonight, but if we pick the team properly and play with a sensible system then you have to say that we should win tonight

But why bother Augie? If you're so convinced it's going to be a negative outcome.

Genuinely I mean why ?

Where did I say I was convinced about anything ? :? What I said/meant is that me skipping my responsibilities as club secretary could bring bad karma for us tonight :(

What I also said that IF we played players in their proper positions and with a proper system, THEN I would expect us to win - sadly we have a basque cock in charge :roll:
Rather than get into a To-ing & Fro-ing with you Agie, I'm going to put my Energy into 'Enjoying The Game' and hoping for a positive outcome.

But to have such a Negative outlook before they have even kicked off yet is so DEPRESSING... I mean Jayus H. :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For anyone interested here's a slice from Arteta's pre-game conference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-le8bMObxSo

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:55 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Ray C wrote:

Genuinely I mean why ?

Rather than get into a To-ing & Fro-ing with you Agie, I'm going to put my Energy into 'Enjoying The Game' and hoping for a positive outcome.

But to have such a Negative outlook before they have even kicked off yet is so DEPRESSING... I mean Jayus H. :cry:

Please for the love of god stop pre judging my posts - I didnt say anything negative and said we would win IF he picked the team properly. In anyone's language that is positive not negative

augie

Post by augie »

On a very negative note though, can someone please explain to me the wisdom of having zinchenko on the bench ahead of tierney when zinchenko hasnt played as much as one second of our pre season ? :? :? :? How match fit or sharp can he be ????

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

No Gabriel again? We must be in negotiations to sell him surely?
Is Partey at right back again FFS? I despair I really do, along with Kai Mogodon up front not wanting to go over his 2000 steps on his Fitbit today :banghead: :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:03 pm
On a very negative note though, can someone please explain to me the wisdom of having zinchenko on the bench ahead of tierney when zinchenko hasnt played as much as one second of our pre season ? :? :? :? How match fit or sharp can he be ????

:duh:

:suicide:

:goingtobed:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

How can Arteta say Tierney is an important member of the squad but he can't even get in to the squad and has his place taken by someone who should be on the opposite flank..

What must Gabriel be thinking?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble

Post by wibble »

A back four of Partey, white, Saliba and tomiyasu?

Think I might lump a few quid on both teams to score!