Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Fulham FP H Sat 26th August KO 3pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:35 am
🚨 Kieran Tierney, Albert Sambi Lokonga, Nuno Tavares, Folarin Balogun & Rob Holding did NOT train with the Arsenal squad at London Colney this morning, instead training separately, while Nicolas Pepe was not spotted in training at all. [@TikiTakaConnor] #afc

Jesus back in training
Shit, I really don't want Tierney to leave, but Totally understand should he do so, he is far too good a player to only side on the sidelines / get minimal game time: I remember when he first arrived he reminded me of old Arsenal Skool style... I also saw him as a possible future Captain. :? The other's I couldn't give a fuck about... Though would still have liked to see if Balogun has actually improved since he last played for us way back when before his stint in France.

Good news on Jesus...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
🚨 Kieran Tierney, Albert Sambi Lokonga, Nuno Tavares, Folarin Balogun & Rob Holding did NOT train with the Arsenal squad at London Colney this morning, instead training separately, while Nicolas Pepe was not spotted in training at all. [@TikiTakaConnor] #afc

Jesus back in training
Someone call Dyno Rodders....we've got movement :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:

Jesus back in training

I'd love someone to explain this to me - there hasnt been as much as a whisper about a bid or even interest in KT and the gobshite manager keeps saying publicly that Tierney is in his future plans, so why would he not be training with the squad then ? :? Have said it before and will say it again, imo el basque is being a sneaky c.unt trying to force tierney to demand a move rather than being a man and saying that he wants to move him on

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:58 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Jesus back in training

I'd love someone to explain this to me - there hasnt been as much as a whisper about a bid or even interest in KT and the gobshite manager keeps saying publicly that Tierney is in his future plans, so why would he not be training with the squad then ? :? Have said it before and will say it again, imo el basque is being a sneaky c.unt trying to force tierney to demand a move rather than being a man and saying that he wants to move him on

Beats me as well Augie. It isn't that long ago that Arsenal supporters were raving about the guy and how good it was to at last have a more old school full back, who wore his heart on his sleeve, gave everything and could play too. He used to whip in some really good crosses after overlapping on the wing. Now he's like the forgotten man and some question whether he's "technically good enough" for this side, as though we're Barca c. 2010. :roll:

I know he's had a bad time with injuries, but fuck me, if he can't get in the team, or even on the bench, when we're playing full backs at centre half, right backs at left back and centre mids at right back, then there's more to this than ability. It stinks of personality clash and vendetta. Arteta is like Wenger, if you're one of his good boys then you're in the side regardless (think Xhaka and now Havertz), but if you have some character and dare question him, you're finished. Wenger Mk ll, but I suspect a more vindictive streak.

I might be wrong, but doesn't a player who requests a move lose the compensation payment that he gets if the club move him on while under contract? If so, might explain a lot.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We all have our opinions, suspicions and now accusations around all this.

The Fact is we Do Not Know not One of us actually know what the fuck is going on and why things are being done as they are.

And so all this Arteta is this and Arteta is that and He is Doing such and Such, it reminds me of Office Gossip or Old Ladies making guesses because they thin and imagine they have actual information and 'facts'.

Maybe it would be wiser and more intelligent to wait and see what actually happens, what the outcome of all this is.

Why is it people are so "Addicted" to Rumour and Gossip; both starting them and then adding their own little twist on the ongoing rumour/s.

Still people will do what their Ego tells them to do, because they truly do not have a mind of their own and 'need' to think and believe the worst of a situation over which they have No Control or Say So. They are incapable of stepping back and allowing those who know more about the Club, Team, Players and the game to do what they are paid to do because they have more experience than those on the sidelines who let their imagination and ego run away with them.

We can all guess and make assumptions, but at least wait till there is an outcome, THEN they can start throwing insults etc etc around and start saying see I was right all along blah blah blah. Then each person can stand on whatever Sid eof things they (again) think to be right (in their opinion)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: I'm going for at least a 3 goal margin Win to THE Arsenal.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 pm

The Fact is we Do Not Know not One of us actually know what the fuck is going on and why things are being done as they are.

And so all this Arteta is this and Arteta is that and He is Doing such and Such, it reminds me of Office Gossip or Old Ladies making guesses because they thin and imagine they have actual information and 'facts'.

Maybe it would be wiser and more intelligent to wait and see what actually happens, what the outcome of all this is.

Why is it people are so "Addicted" to Rumour and Gossip; both starting them and then adding their own little twist on the ongoing rumour/s.

Still people will do what their Ego tells them to do, because they truly do not have a mind of their own and 'need' to think and believe the worst of a situation over which they have No Control or Say So. They are incapable of stepping back and allowing those who know more about the Club, Team, Players and the game to do what they are paid to do because they have more experience than those on the sidelines who let their imagination and ego run away with them.

We can all guess and make assumptions, but at least wait till there is an outcome, THEN they can start throwing insults etc etc around and start saying see I was right all along blah blah blah. Then each person can stand on whatever Sid eof things they (again) think to be right (in their opinion)

Mate, it's a forum, for the exchange of ideas, opinions and, of course, speculation. Might as well ask what's the point of the match thread until after the game, when the result is known? Predicting results is total speculation and almost juvenile, but fuck it, it's a football forum.

There's a few on here who are perfectly happy with "rumour and gossip", accusation and speculation, as long it agrees with their opinion, but get touchy and somewhat accusatory and insulting if they don't like what's posted. It's about an adult exchange of opinions, or should be anyway.

For what it's worth, even when there is an outcome of something like the Tierney situation, the club don't publish the facts about what went on, so it's still opinion, speculation and guesswork after the event.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:59 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Jesus back in training
Shit, I really don't want Tierney to leave, but Totally understand should he do so, he is far too good a player to only side on the sidelines / get minimal game time: I remember when he first arrived he reminded me of old Arsenal Skool style... I also saw him as a possible future Captain. :? The other's I couldn't give a fuck about... Though would still have liked to see if Balogun has actually improved since he last played for us way back when before his stint in France.

Good news on Jesus...
Will be sad to see him go, as far as I’m concerned his signing was a bit of a catalyst for change in attitude and behaviour among our squad - getting shot of Guendozi, Ozil, Auba, etc ( who were all pictured having a laughing gas party ) think Lacca and Kolasinac too maybe 🤔

Tierney
No ego, just give 100% every time.
He has been unlucky with injuries but has given his all every single time he stepped on the pitch.
A loan to Spain is just mind boggling, surely he has a lot to give a premier league team .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:58 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

Jesus back in training

Just look at the originator of this story.... the renowned football journalist that knows everyone at the club..... @TikiTakaConnor ffs. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Better off reading the "exclusives" provided by @TikiTakaJohnnyBullshit. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:44 pm

Mate, it's a forum, for the exchange of ideas, opinions and, of course, speculation. Might as well ask what's the point of the match thread until after the game, when the result is known? Predicting results is total speculation and almost juvenile, but fuck it, it's a football forum.

There's a few on here who are perfectly happy with "rumour and gossip", accusation and speculation, as long it agrees with their opinion, but get touchy and somewhat accusatory and insulting if they don't like what's posted. It's about an adult exchange of opinions, or should be anyway.

For what it's worth, even when there is an outcome of something like the Tierney situation, the club don't publish the facts about what went on, so it's still opinion, speculation and guesswork after the event.
Agreed yes it is a forum and it's (meant to be ) about debate, but I know that if I click on certain posters all there is going to be is Pre-judgement in a Negative Vein, Pre-Evaluation of a situation still in progress etc Condemning those who they have an Agenda against....and it just gets so Tedious and Boring knowing the same posters will keep on with the same old view points regardless of what subject is (meant to be) debated / discussed.... It's like knowing what record is going to be played no matter what the event... AND they don't give anyone a chance (ie: Arteta), their opinions are as valid as the next persons, BUT the opinions never waiver from the same old drudgery and routine...

Anyway's there are better things to be spending time on, especially when you know that no matter what - They will cling to their opinions... whether it turns out to be valid or not.

:yawn:

:goingtobed:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

It's very strange that even though Tierney was priced around 30m, not one PL club came for him? The Geordies bought a Chavs reserve for more money :shock:
There's something we don't know about Tierney because as a player, he could do a decent job, he doesn't fit into the new Arteta way of playing, in a 'box' midfield of inverting full backs but he was a decent player who made the effort.
Hope he proves himself even more in Spain..... and increases his value!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:45 am
It's very strange that even though Tierney was priced around 30m, not one PL club came for him? The Geordies bought a Chavs reserve for more money :shock:
There's something we don't know about Tierney because as a player, he could do a decent job, he doesn't fit into the new Arteta way of playing, in a 'box' midfield of inverting full backs but he was a decent player who made the effort.
It has to be the fact he is so obviously injury prone that has scared away possible suitors.

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:02 am
TeeCee wrote:
It has to be the fact he is so obviously injury prone that has scared away possible suitors.
I think you are right about the injuries. What was telling was that Dick who knows Tierney very well and is looking for a left back did not try and bring him to Villa. It did not help that Arteta never gave him the chance to prove his fitness and kept overlooking him. I am guessing that the loan move is too see if he can play a season without injury then sell him as I do not think Arteta hasTierney or Smith Rowe in his future plans.
Must be a Baldrick cunning plan that sees a midfielder playing right back and a right back playing left back and two very talented players in Trossard and Smith Rowe watching a player who is unpoven in this league play in front of them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:11 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:02 am
TeeCee wrote:
I think you are right about the injuries. What was telling was that Dick who knows Tierney very well and is looking for a left back did not try and bring him to Villa. It did not help that Arteta never gave him the chance to prove his fitness and kept overlooking him. I am guessing that the loan move is too see if he can play a season without injury then sell him as I do not think Arteta hasTierney or Smith Rowe in his future plans.
Must be a Baldrick cunning plan that sees a midfielder playing right back and a right back playing left back and two very talented players in Trossard and Smith Rowe watching a player who is unpoven in this league play in front of them.
That's very logical & good thinking JF. :high5:

The times we have had very good players but because of their tendency to fall foul (no pun intended) to a re urging / on going injury just shows how much that awful thing called Chance & Luck (Good & Bad) play a part in a players life. (Just like everyday life I guess) :? Jack Wilshere being a Prime example - Fabulous talent plagued by injuries. :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Great news that Jesus is back. I thought there was fuck all chance he’d be back in the few weeks that they had predicted so pleasantly surprised with our medical team for once.