The Yaya Sanogo lack of Progress Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: The Yaya Sanogo Progress Thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:I thought he played very well. He just needs that first goal and he will be banging them in for fun.
you really are a mong aren't you :lol:
What did he do wrong? He had 2 opportunities all night, both of which he created from a tough position. Both of them were well saved by the keeper.
Aside from looking like a stoned new born giraffe?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Look, I think you have to give him some leeway because it's not his fault that he is being thrust into the action of not the only the most physically demanding league in the world but also a FA cup semi final at Wembley which is huge pressure.

He isn't very good but at times he does the right thing and at others he looks like he wouldn't make the bench in a crap sunday league side :lol:

At the end of the day it's wengers fault he is playing and another one of his failed projects that is borne of pure egotism :roll:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:I thought he played very well. He just needs that first goal and he will be banging them in for fun.
you really are a mong aren't you :lol:
What did he do wrong? He had 2 opportunities all night, both of which he created from a tough position. Both of them were well saved by the keeper.
every touch he took was bad, his positioning was awful, he didn't use his strength at all and fluffed every chance he got.

seriously you need to watch the players when they're not on the ball as well as when they're on it. not that he did anything at all with the ball at his feet.
He was toilet. Rank awful.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

He is a rookie, and for him to be starting so many big games is damning of Arsene's sick and twisted recruitment policy.

He puts his ego in front of the club's success. Sanogo is nowhere near ready, should out on loan.

And having said he is not going to turn into the next Didier Drogba, I'm quite sure of that.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Sometimes i really wonder about some of our fans.He is one of the worst players i have ever seen play for Arsenal.I think he is only at the club to make Giroud look good.He's like a new born giraffe on stilts on ice

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Played very well? Jesus wept. I like that he offers an option in behind but ultimately it's fuck all use if you finish like he does. He needs to train with the U7s to teach him to stop leaning back so far when he shoots. He either completely skies it or spunks it straight at the keeper.

Even when he had a free header in the box he managed to head it backwards behind all the Arsenal players to where all the defenders were grouped. The only way he is going to create a goal is if he miscontrols or slices it into somebody else's path. There are literally thousands of people on the planet who we could get to play up front that would be better than him. He's not going to make it as a footballer as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

bloke is fucking useless,

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Just got home from the game and now rather pissed but thought he had a good game always looked a threat and for fuck sake people look at the games he has started not exactly been eased in yes we all want world class but he is young and worth a little patience

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

How in the name of fuck did this geezer get 120 mins today?! Lacks all of even the most basic abilities needed to be a footballer, including the ability to trap a ball, run in behind a defence, stay on side, lace it when needed etc etc. I was dreading him stepping up to take a pen, they'd still be fishing it out of Regents Canal right now...

Clearly won his place in a lottery and shouldn't be anywhere near the Arsenal first team.

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

swimmer1 wrote:Just got home from the game and now rather pissed but thought he had a good game always looked a threat and for fuck sake people look at the games he has started not exactly been eased in yes we all want world class but he is young and worth a little patience
I'm all for being patient and I'm willing to give him more time, absolutely. But his performance yesterday was, IMO, absolutely awful. That doesn't mean to say I think we should bin him, it might have just been an aberration that we won't see again, if so fair play to him. It's just that I don't know why he wasn't taken off instead of Podolski, he was having an absolute mare.

When you get shown up by Giroud, you know there's a problem...

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Funny how we all watched the same game and then saw it so differently...

The guys I was with all thought the same thing...that the boy done good. One or two chances, that he created. Held the ball up well and some good flicks to create chances for others.

Would I swap him for Suarez or Aguerro...er, yes. But he is a big step up from Bendtner/Chamakh and far from being the worst player on show for us against Wigan!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

he's much more mobile than Giroud and that's why some people think he has prospects......but the truth is, he couldn't hit a cows arse with an articulated lorry!! Both Giroud and SaNoGoal are mediocre footballers and should not be at Arsenal FC......unless our ambition is mediocrity.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I've been pretty critical of Giroud's hold-up play recently, I think it is overrated. I'm not sure if it was just watching balls bounce off this awkward creature for 70 minutes that changed my perspective, but Giroud's hold-up play was brilliant yesterday when he came on.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

northbank123 wrote:I've been pretty critical of Giroud's hold-up play recently, I think it is overrated. I'm not sure if it was just watching balls bounce off this awkward creature for 70 minutes that changed my perspective, but Giroud's hold-up play was brilliant yesterday when he came on.
Exactly, the moment the ball didn't bounce off Giroud's foot and go 10 yards ahead of him it did make you appreciate him and that's not too easy these days!!
OK, so Sanogo had a decent header and shot on the turn but at his age if he can't control a football now then I fear he never will.
Nothing against the kid cos once again it's Wenger's judgement but what is he doing leading the line of a team that should be challenging for the title? :banghead:

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

He did okay yesterday, no more and no less.

The moment yesterday when he was clean through, and his first touch was just so dreadful it took him too wide and made the chance far more difficult than it should have been, and even then he didn't have the presence of mind to try and chip the keeper which was the only way he was going to score.

He's a trier, but he's not a footballer.

That said, the fact he's in the team isn't his fault.