The Mesut Özil Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: How to solve the Ozil problem?

Post by officepest »

How to solve the Ozil problem? Replace the manager with somebody able to get the best from his charges. Failing that, drop him - Wenger hasn't the first clue how to use him.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Swapsies with Dortmund for Marco Reus, please!

Failing that, with Juventus for Vidal

(never going to happen though)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

officepest wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Easy, cut our losses, and get rid of him. The current team cannot afford to carry luxury players/passengers.
Also,why did Wenger not sign Alonso?!
Are you seriously asking why Wenger didn't spend £8m on a player who turns 33 next birthday?
Bayern Munich just gave him a two year contract! :rubchin:

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

augie wrote:
Tomáš wrote:Hi,
strange thing with Özil. A lot of german national squad supporters have been unhappy with his Performance during the WC2014 but he was almost always in the starting squad. In the final he moved from the wing to the center midfield position and I personally think that is the key with Mesut. He is not realy a wing Player, he is not fast enough. He needs good Support on the wing and a Counterpart as a striker, as an offensive midfield Player he is very good so it is a about the squad you build around him I guess.

Cheers,
Thomas

It's funny cos I feel that the Gooner faithful are split into 3 groups when it comes to ozil - (1) those who are willing to defend ozil no matter what (2) those that slate him purely cos his lack of appreciation/passion has pissed them off (3) those who are not happy with him but are cutting him more leeway based on the fact that le cock is playing him out of position
Personally I am in group 3 and I feel that we will NEVER see him fulfil his potential with us unless le cock plays him in the number 10 position, but at the same time I think that he still needs to do better than he is - we are not a good enough team to carry any player for 80-85 minutes per game
You are speaking an awful lot of sense lately augie... :) I'm in group 3 too.
If he was not going to use him in his best position... Why didn't he sell him and bring back Fabregas when he had the chance. He built the team around Fabregas but seems unwilling to do the same around Ozil. :rubchin:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
officepest wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Easy, cut our losses, and get rid of him. The current team cannot afford to carry luxury players/passengers.
Also,why did Wenger not sign Alonso?!
Are you seriously asking why Wenger didn't spend £8m on a player who turns 33 next birthday?
Bayern Munich just gave him a two year contract! :rubchin:
He's still a great player, I meant could you envisage Wenger shelling out for him at his age?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

In answer to the OP - two simple solutions;

A: Play Ozil in the centre as a number 10 and drop this 4-5-1 nonsense and drop this idiotic playing of central midfielders and strikers as wingers. :x

B: Sack Arsene. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:In answer to the OP - two simple solutions;

A: Play Ozil in the centre as a number 10 and drop this 4-5-1 nonsense and drop this idiotic playing of central midfielders and strikers as wingers. :x

B: Shoot/Hang/Drown/Poison/Suffocate/Electrocute Arsene. 8)

Fixed that for you DB10 - personally I would do all of the above just to be sure 8)

T.S

Post by T.S »

Mesut Özil will not succeed at Arsenal as long as Arsene Wenger is the manager. He will either be played out of position, or played in position but with shite around him.

armchair

Post by armchair »

T.S wrote:Mesut Özil will not succeed at Arsenal as long as Arsene Wenger is the manager. He will either be played out of position, or played in position but with shite around him.
Or both. :wink:

SpendSumEffinMoney

Post by SpendSumEffinMoney »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:Swapsies with Dortmund for Marco Reus, please!

Failing that, with Juventus for Vidal

(never going to happen though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5t4H16iJ5Q

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: The Mesut Özil Thread

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The guy has zero workrate. Literally, none.

I don't understand how he got 90 mins let alone not been dropped for a big period of time. He adds nothing to our gae and is a massive waste of time, and by the looks of it, money.

I seriously think if he continues to play like a lazy twat for the rest of the season and not improve we should cut our losses and sell him.

I am fully aware he is constantly being played out of position but that should not make any difference on his workrate/attitude. It is disgraceful.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Was sold a dream. Think it became pretty clear to him within about 6 months of arriving at Arsenal that it was all a lie. Hence why he appears not really to give a fuck.

Ozil was one of those guys who, while at Madrid, heard the name Arsene Wenger floated around and believed he was still a world class manager when any of us with an objective brain could tell you that hasn't been the case for almost a decade.

shu

Post by shu »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:The guy has zero workrate. Literally, none.

I don't understand how he got 90 mins let alone not been dropped for a big period of time. He adds nothing to our gae and is a massive waste of time, and by the looks of it, money.

I seriously think if he continues to play like a lazy twat for the rest of the season and not improve we should cut our losses and sell him.

I am fully aware he is constantly being played out of position but that should not make any difference on his workrate/attitude. It is disgraceful.
Totally agree ,we were crying out for a mega signing and we got ozil who was super in World cup 2010 , what happended , he is shite and should be dropped and sold , a luxury player that we cannot afford within the team and does not fit in the premier league

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Dan_85 wrote:Was sold a dream. Think it became pretty clear to him within about 6 months of arriving at Arsenal that it was all a lie.
He may well not be impressed by training sessions but surely he would have had the opportunity to get the opinions of Mertesacker and Podolski prior to moving?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He may well not be impressed by training sessions but surely he would have had the opportunity to get the opinions of Mertesacker and Podolski prior to moving?
Yup, I imagine Poldi gave him a rave review of things!!