Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by SteveO 35 »

Not sure what there is to say that probably hasn't been said many times on this thread already. When the second Swansea goal went in I looked around the pitch to see if one single player was capable of rousing a response.....there was nothing, and the crowd absolutely knew it at that moment too. There would be no fight to the end, no more near misses, no Adams/Vieira style driving the team on......just insipid surrender and more tap tap slow in the Swansea half slowly going nowhere fast before the referee finally put them out of their misery.

In block 2 there was more discontent than normal and more than a few stayed behind to boo and shout abuse. However, the vast majority had long since shuffled away to catch their trains or just get the fuck out of here. What I would say is that as I walked away with my lad back towards Finsbury Park a good few people were ripping the shit out of Wenger and I didn't see one person dare to disagree. Whether the Wenger lovers were just numb or whether the love for TO1AW has really died.....I'm not sure. The bowl is a strange place these days

Aaron Ramsey is an absolute excuse of a footballer. In the first half my son and I counted the number of times an attack came to an end when he got the ball.....we stopped counting after the first five. He's an absolute liability and for all I've said about Flamoney, the Egyptian Ray Wilkins or any of the other options we've got in there (even fucking Chambers).....I'd take any of them over that muppet. TO1AW seems to disagree however and he's the one constant in this shower.....he's rotated the centre halves, the rest of the midfield, the strikers, but Aaron '1 good season in 8' remains in the side absolutely inexplicably. Paceless, endlessly giving the ball away, dawdling in possession, twisting this way and that without ever delivering anything meaningful. How many goals has the bloke got this year too? When he does take the odd shot, its always scuffed or skied......honest to god, he is absolutely fucking hopeless and I just hope there's still some interest in him

northbank123

Re: Swansea H Wed 2nd 1945

Post by northbank123 »

There he is :barscarf:

Agree about the body language after conceding goals - every time United bundled one in our lot would trudge back to halfway looking dejected as fuck with their heads down. Not a single fucking leader amongst them.

I have also noticed that - unlike even the worst times over the last decade - people are just not sticking up for Wenger any more. There was fucking dogs abuse for him all game from the away end at Old Trafford and not a single bloke disagreed - until some idiot AKB mouthed off to someone after the final whistle and would have got his block knocked off by some incandescent old school geezer if the police hadn't waded in.

That's not to say that a few results wouldn't turn the Grove-attending masses back in his favour - but there was even a tender Wenger Out sentiment on the supporters bus which I occasionally get to away games which is normally an AKB ahven.