Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dr Hull

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by Dr Hull »

"Struggled to sell out our end?" That's a degree of cynicism I would only expect from the most ardent Tiger hating Ull Eff See lard bucket.

Here is what happened. City, like Arsenal had an initial allocation of 25,000 of which 4k were allocated to players, box holders, corporate sponsors and their guests. We have just shy of 16k passholders, each of whom was guaranteed a ticket. This left 5k, of which first dibs was given to those that attended the Sheffield United semi final.

Hull is really just a big village. It has more than its fair share of village idiots. How else do you explain average attendances at RL in excess of 10k? Passholders were allocated two days per stand in order to order their tickets. Rumours swept the city that some had beaten the system and been allowed to buy up to ten tickets with a single pass. The truth was that some passholders had correctly spotted that the only way to guarantee sitting together was to get one trusted passholder to take up to ten passes down to the ticket office together with a huge wodge of cash. The sight of these people coming out of the ticket office with ten tickets sent the dimmer witted members of the community into a frenzy- largely based on the fear of their not getting their own ticket.

The take up of passholders was very high. Some deferred their purchase until Phase 3, non-passholders who went to the semi final, as this was the only way they could guarantee sitting with their non season ticket holding pals. 6k of tickets went on sale to phase three and was duly sold in one day. The club, which let's face it has hardly up for any customer relations awards this year, decided that all sales would be in person (I.e. queue up for up to 24 hours). God knows why. I haven't queued up for anything since school diners forty years ago. The queue stretched right round the stadium, snaked through West Park and onto Walton Street car park (I know that it would help for you to know Hull geography to grasp how far that is. I have no idea how many were in it, but I know plod was alerted to make sure there was no disorder when those from about halfway were told that there would be no tickets for them.

It seems that the club has been able to source packets of around 400 tickets most days. I am guessing that the same has been true for Arsenal.

As for the black market tickets. I am sure that some have been sold by passholders with an eye to the main chance. As forums like this rarely miss the opportunity to point out, Hull isn't the wealthiest of cities. I am always stunned that so many of our lot can make it to so many matches. I suppose our esteemed shirt sponsor has been a beneficiary, buying up playstations and iPhones to fund cup final days out.

That said, one of our receptionists was promised tickets by her brother in law. (They share the season pass, although he is the named owner). He has apologised but the price he got has paid for next season's pass. I feel for her as she is a veteran of the CL final in Paris and the League Cup v Birmingham and until grandchildren started taking up her time, was a season ticket holder in her own right. I was hoping she would be there as she seems to be some form of unlucky mascot.

Equally, I would look at the large volume of hangers-on who have been gifted tickets by the club to see how many of those have made the way into the wrong hands.

I know my presence here irritates some of you. I also plan to share tube trains with you on the way to Wembley and will gladly exchange views. I am rather hoping that crazy Macca's 85th minute winner would send you lot home early leaving the Met line to Hull types after all the usual rituals have been satisfied

Any chance of a black and amber bar scarf?

bang goes the 0-0 draw

Post by bang goes the 0-0 draw »

SE12red wrote:
gunner_ace wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
gunner_ace wrote:So i've finally got my ticket in the hand. I have the privilege of joining the 'im going, but sat in the Hull end' crew, but its better then a shitty stick poked in the eye and all that. I have however heard that the block i'm sitting in (526) will possibly be quite a neutral one as its mainly made up of Hull return tickets. fingers crossed, but its pretty dam close to the Arsenal fans so their is the very real possibility I may end up getting some abuse from my own. :box:
I don't think 526 is the hull end, its more like neutral ie might as well be our end.
sweeeet. Music to my ears.
I got 2 tkts today from a friend at the FA . Block 527 . Think it's a neutral area but hopefully plenty of Red and White in there .
Same boat. I'm in block 123. Think you will find that anything on that side of the half way line will all be Arsenal. Can't really see there being a neutral zone for the fa cup final

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Dr Hull wrote:"Struggled to sell out our end?" That's a degree of cynicism I would only expect from the most ardent Tiger hating Ull Eff See lard bucket.

Here is what happened. City, like Arsenal had an initial allocation of 25,000 of which 4k were allocated to players, box holders, corporate sponsors and their guests. We have just shy of 16k passholders, each of whom was guaranteed a ticket. This left 5k, of which first dibs was given to those that attended the Sheffield United semi final.

Hull is really just a big village. It has more than its fair share of village idiots. How else do you explain average attendances at RL in excess of 10k? Passholders were allocated two days per stand in order to order their tickets. Rumours swept the city that some had beaten the system and been allowed to buy up to ten tickets with a single pass. The truth was that some passholders had correctly spotted that the only way to guarantee sitting together was to get one trusted passholder to take up to ten passes down to the ticket office together with a huge wodge of cash. The sight of these people coming out of the ticket office with ten tickets sent the dimmer witted members of the community into a frenzy- largely based on the fear of their not getting their own ticket.

The take up of passholders was very high. Some deferred their purchase until Phase 3, non-passholders who went to the semi final, as this was the only way they could guarantee sitting with their non season ticket holding pals. 6k of tickets went on sale to phase three and was duly sold in one day. The club, which let's face it has hardly up for any customer relations awards this year, decided that all sales would be in person (I.e. queue up for up to 24 hours). God knows why. I haven't queued up for anything since school diners forty years ago. The queue stretched right round the stadium, snaked through West Park and onto Walton Street car park (I know that it would help for you to know Hull geography to grasp how far that is. I have no idea how many were in it, but I know plod was alerted to make sure there was no disorder when those from about halfway were told that there would be no tickets for them.

It seems that the club has been able to source packets of around 400 tickets most days. I am guessing that the same has been true for Arsenal.

As for the black market tickets. I am sure that some have been sold by passholders with an eye to the main chance. As forums like this rarely miss the opportunity to point out, Hull isn't the wealthiest of cities. I am always stunned that so many of our lot can make it to so many matches. I suppose our esteemed shirt sponsor has been a beneficiary, buying up playstations and iPhones to fund cup final days out.

That said, one of our receptionists was promised tickets by her brother in law. (They share the season pass, although he is the named owner). He has apologised but the price he got has paid for next season's pass. I feel for her as she is a veteran of the CL final in Paris and the League Cup v Birmingham and until grandchildren started taking up her time, was a season ticket holder in her own right. I was hoping she would be there as she seems to be some form of unlucky mascot.

Equally, I would look at the large volume of hangers-on who have been gifted tickets by the club to see how many of those have made the way into the wrong hands.

I know my presence here irritates some of you. I also plan to share tube trains with you on the way to Wembley and will gladly exchange views. I am rather hoping that crazy Macca's 85th minute winner would send you lot home early leaving the Met line to Hull types after all the usual rituals have been satisfied

Hate hull fc, hell no. Hate soo called football fans that have flushed the black market with hundreds of tickets in your end, absolutely.

On one hand you say that you easily sold your allocation, on the other you say the club sucked up 4k tickets which I doubt even Arsenal with their dodgy rep for cup finals will have got anywhere near. Out of those 4k tickets, how many end up on the black market?

You have 16,000 season ticket holders, your allocation should have been based on your hardcore support, not those that went to the semi (some of whom it was the only game they've seen all season) and probably haven't been to more than a dozen home games.

Are you trying to tell me that these fans should have priority over the 20,000 gooners , who are season ticket holders and didn't get any tickets? In two words, fuck off.

It's also been widely reported in your local press, that fans where queueing up to buy tickets and because the club where not noting each ticket sale on memberships, they where able to go to the back of the queue and purchase more tickets ffs! Even your own fans acknowledge this. Had this not been the case, your tickets would have gone on general sale, now that would have been something else. So yes you did struggle to sell your allocation.

So when there's incessant Arsenal pressure on Saturday either chasing the game or as is likely, we perform to our ability and put your team to the sword, don't go round trying to get gooners chucked out, when it's your fans that caused this problem in the first place.

nut flush gooner

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Dr Hull wrote:"Struggled to sell out our end?" That's a degree of cynicism I would only expect from the most ardent Tiger hating Ull Eff See lard bucket.

Oh, the novelty of electrified public transport for the northern peasants.

nut flush gooner

Perryashburtongroves wrote:

Oh, the novelty of electrified public transport for the northern peasants.
LOL the thing is, if they buy paper tickets to get to wembley they will be royally shafted. After reading the shit Dr Hull comes out with, it doesn't really bother me. I think some of them will have a coronary when they have to pay the equivalent of a mortgage payment for a round in central london.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Very surprised at Dr Hulls comments re poor people in Hull unable to afford passes.

Houses in Hull start at £30,000 or less, with a massive place being little more than £350,000 to 400,000. Thus any teacher, Doctor, Nurse, Phamacist or shop floor senior is earning similar to London wages yet has a tidy house with a miles lower mortgage. Wage and thus labour costs are far lower in the area as well, its all relative but lifestyle is easier in many ways in Hull though theres less to spend it on.

As our Season tickets are at least twice the price of Hull passes, and houses are at least 10 times more expensive than in Hull, who are the "poor ones"

Sorry off topic but get real, surprised at Dr Hulls lack of awareness on this point.

Dr Hull

Post by Dr Hull »

I nearly did make that point. Our black market tickets are changing hands for around the cost of a season ticket, so are yours. Of course, if tickets in the city end are being bought by City fans (and despite notflush's assertions, many many City fans don't have one) you need to factor in the cost of travel from East Yorkshire plus possibly the cost of staying in London over night. You lot will all be safely tucked up in Barnsbury on Saturday night.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Good points well made... Just hope that the Hull fans are more up for the game and the craic than those miserable fucks from Wigan!

At £85 a ticket, plus £5 per pint (plus £2.50 for a glass of water!!!) it's an expensive enough day out for us...even though for the majority there isn't transport costs to worry about.

Anyway, hope you have a great day...until 5pm :barscarf: !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Dr Hull wrote:I nearly did make that point. Our black market tickets are changing hands for around the cost of a season ticket, so are yours. Of course, if tickets in the city end are being bought by City fans (and despite notflush's assertions, many many City fans don't have one) you need to factor in the cost of travel from East Yorkshire plus possibly the cost of staying in London over night. You lot will all be safely tucked up in Barnsbury on Saturday night.
The home section of your ground is smaller than your allocation and you have averaged less than 95% capacity this year. Last season your average attendance was less than 17,500 (including away fans), down 1,500 from the year before.

I'm not saying that any club's attendance figures won't be skewed by success. But we're talking about thousands and thousands of people - almost exclusively local I would wager as clubs like Hull love reminding the big boys - who couldn't be fucked going along to watch their local team for a modest price and inconvenience. Until they are promoted again and achieve Hull's highest-ever league finish and reach their first FA Cup final, then suddenly 25,000 tickets aren't enough to satisfy dedicated City fans.

Dr Hull

Post by Dr Hull »

MK Gould wrote: Anyway, hope you have a great day...until 5pm :barscarf: !
Thank you. I wish you the same.

I spent many a happy hour and a half on the Clock End in the 1980s and 1990s.

But this is my team. I'll be honest, I never expected to see a cup semi, let alone a final in my lifetime (the only other semi occurred before even I was born). This is for every *word censored* who said "Hull, they're rubbish, what do you support them for?" when I was growing up (and grown up).

I am telling myself that the result doesn't really matter. I from the generation that has seen City in the first division and in the cup final. We have our our virtual trophy and we aren't paying the same price as Wigan for cup success. This game isn't nearly as important as the play off. Lose and we are still in the Premier League AND IN EUROPE.

Ten years ago we won our first promotion in 19 years. Since then we have had three more promotions, one relegation, twice avoided relegation on the last day of the season. (This season has been the least stress free in years). The ride has been fantastic "the best trip".

And on Saturday we could get our name on the one trophy that almost everyone in the world has heard of.

Arsenal will win a trophy soon, for Hull City AFC this could be the last time in a lifetime.

And that is why I don't want to find myself sitting next to a well heeled gooner who spanked a tout for tickets. I will struggle not to blub during Abide With Me and i will hug anyone within a 20 yard radius if we win. I would rather that those hugged shared my enthusiasm.

Enjoy your day.

nut flush gooner

Dr Hull wrote:I nearly did make that point. Our black market tickets are changing hands for around the cost of a season ticket, so are yours. Of course, if tickets in the city end are being bought by City fans (and despite notflush's assertions, many many City fans don't have one) you need to factor in the cost of travel from East Yorkshire plus possibly the cost of staying in London over night. You lot will all be safely tucked up in Barnsbury on Saturday night.
The cost of a season ticket is irrelevant when it comes to black market prices, its about demand and supply. Most gooners dont want to sit in the hull end, BUT, if it means saving a few hundred quid die hards probably would buy tickets.

I cant imagine with the cost of buying a ticket travelling plus food and drink that many hull fans have the stomach for a £500 plus day out. Purely on these grounds its not unreasonable to expect gooners in your end.

The prices are generally cheaper because there is a supply of tickets, most hull ticketless fans wont have been to hardly any games this season so there's no pent up demand, unlike on our side.

http://www.1st4footballtickets.com/fa-c ... 14278.html

Take a look at this site, all the tickets up to 500 quid are in the hull end. Try and tell me that your fans will be snapping them up, I don't think so. There are literally hundreds of tickets, and this site is not operating illegally because they are offshore based.

Dr Hull

Post by Dr Hull »

Ha. Your software actually censored out the word *word censored*.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Dr Hull wrote:
MK Gould wrote: Anyway, hope you have a great day...until 5pm :barscarf: !
Thank you. I wish you the same.

I spent many a happy hour and a half on the Clock End in the 1980s and 1990s.

But this is my team. I'll be honest, I never expected to see a cup semi, let alone a final in my lifetime (the only other semi occurred before even I was born). This is for every *word censored* who said "Hull, they're rubbish, what do you support them for?" when I was growing up (and grown up).

I am telling myself that the result doesn't really matter. I from the generation that has seen City in the first division and in the cup final. We have our our virtual trophy and we aren't paying the same price as Wigan for cup success. This game isn't nearly as important as the play off. Lose and we are still in the Premier League AND IN EUROPE.

Ten years ago we won our first promotion in 19 years. Since then we have had three more promotions, one relegation, twice avoided relegation on the last day of the season. (This season has been the least stress free in years). The ride has been fantastic "the best trip".

And on Saturday we could get our name on the one trophy that almost everyone in the world has heard of.

Arsenal will win a trophy soon, for Hull City AFC this could be the last time in a lifetime.

And that is why I don't want to find myself sitting next to a well heeled gooner who spanked a tout for tickets. I will struggle not to blub during Abide With Me and i will hug anyone within a 20 yard radius if we win. I would rather that those hugged shared my enthusiasm.

Enjoy your day.
You really are quite sanctimonious.

Dr Hull

Post by Dr Hull »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
You really are quite sanctimonious.
Oh yes. Try this.

You support your team because it has won stuff.

My team has won stuff because of my support.