Leicester at home 14th 1200

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Leicester at home 14th 1200

Post by DB10GOONER »

GTG wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
LaughingGooner wrote:Thought Giroud was excellent today.
He won countless crosses in the box and Morgan/Huth couldn't cope with him.
And he set up our equaliser with a great deft header.
If he maintains that form, we'll win the league.
Whilst I agree Giroud fought for and won alot and hassled and battled brilliantly against the 2 CH's that were on him, and agree he did brilliant for the assist to Feo, I don't agree that his current form will contribute to us winning the PL. He isn't scoring. He's our main striker - we need goals from him. If he was netting every game or even every second game I'd agree with you. But his poor form (notwithstanding his efforts yesterday) is one of the reasons we won't win the PL sadly.
Im the first person to slate Giroud but he couldn't do much more yesterday.... He gave some lovely lay offs only to see a through ball over hit, he flicked headers on all day with no one else reading what he was going to do and but for the save of the match from Schmeichal he'd have got his goal too. We need him to continuously fight like that in every game. I do agree a goal or two would be nice but hes putting the effort in at the moment which is all I ask. The fact he's not good enough for a team with proper title aspirations is not his fault its Wengers.
Oh I agree, mate. I've often defended Giroud's effort on here. But my point is the previous poster said that his current form would drive us to the PL. It won't, if he isn't adding regular goals as well unfortunately. As a link up player (or second striker) I'd say his form is fine, but as a first striker his form is poor as he isn't scoring goals which is a first striker's primary job. This all goes back to the fact we don't get the best use of Giroud in this shit 4-5-1 system. Giroud is an average to good-ish PL striker but not a top striker. He certainly doesn't have the pace to play the lone striker in a 4-5-1. I'd love to see him play off a better striker in a flexible 4-4-2. I think we'd see a far bigger contribution from him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Vardy is still a Cheating, Diving, CRUNT! :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:Swap the goals around from Sunday. Vardy puts Leicester one up with the Welbeck header, we'll leave Theo keep his goal and then in the 94th minute an arsenal player (preferably some dirty foreign type) drives into the box, pushes the ball past a defender, throws his leg into said defender, takes a tumble and PENALTY.

We win 2-1!!

Imagine the fucking shit storm that would be in the media all week? Swap Coquelin for Drinkwater and a 2 footed lunge at Mahrez and the bile that would be spewing from the pages of the rags would be relentless.

Fucking hypocrites.
Absolutely mate - we would be hearing about it for years.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Swap the goals around from Sunday. Vardy puts Leicester one up with the Welbeck header, we'll leave Theo keep his goal and then in the 94th minute an arsenal player (preferably some dirty foreign type) drives into the box, pushes the ball past a defender, throws his leg into said defender, takes a tumble and PENALTY.

We win 2-1!!

Imagine the fucking shit storm that would be in the media all week? Swap Coquelin for Drinkwater and a 2 footed lunge at Mahrez and the bile that would be spewing from the pages of the rags would be relentless.

Fucking hypocrites.
Absofuckingbollockinglutely. :x

Another thing that really pissed me off was media-whore-ex-Barca-whore Henry claiming it was a deffo penno to fit in with that semi-literate plank "Carra" and the whole Leicester love-in. :oops: :roll:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

The media seems to have conveniently forgotten that debacle with the Asian ladies at the end of last year too. Can't imagine us or any of the 'top' clubs getting off that lightly, even though the players and the manager were sacked, it should have still tarnished the club.

Sean

Post by Sean »

casgooner wrote:The media seems to have conveniently forgotten that debacle with the Asian ladies at the end of last year too. Can't imagine us or any of the 'top' clubs getting off that lightly, even though the players and the manager were sacked, it should have still tarnished the club.
I seen the uncensored version on xHamster :lol: :barscarf:

The manager shouldn't have been sacked over it, but the players were. That cleaned it up pretty quickly.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:In all the leaping around that I did when the winner went in, I've only really noticed today, just how perfect the ball in from Ozil was. Never mind last minute penalties and all that, sticking the free-kick right on to a teammate's head from 45 yards away in the fifth minute of stoppage time is proper pressure and proper bottle. To be able to do that, is absolute genius.
To be fair his corners had been rubbish and his effort mediocre so he was overdue to get something right. The lad seems a little short on motivation so I was pleased to see him express some joy at the end.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Swifty wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:In all the leaping around that I did when the winner went in, I've only really noticed today, just how perfect the ball in from Ozil was. Never mind last minute penalties and all that, sticking the free-kick right on to a teammate's head from 45 yards away in the fifth minute of stoppage time is proper pressure and proper bottle. To be able to do that, is absolute genius.
To be fair his corners had been rubbish and his effort mediocre so he was overdue to get something right. The lad seems a little short on motivation so I was pleased to see him express some joy at the end.
I was concerned a few weeks back when he stated he wanted to break the assist record.

He should be aiming to win the premier league as a priority........do that and the assist record will naturally follow as a result of winning matches.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

We win 2-1!!

Fucking hypocrites.
Absofuckingbollockinglutely. :x

Another thing that really pissed me off was media-whore-ex-Barca-whore Henry claiming it was a deffo penno to fit in with that semi-literate plank "Carra" and the whole Leicester love-in. :oops: :roll:
It comes to something when a player once hated and loathed by Gooners (Neville) (*)become worthy pundits and those players we once loved (Henry) become shyte cringe making pundits.

(*) I was reported by this female Arsenal supporter for calling Neville a fucking Donkey :shock: :shock: :shock: Yeah honest!

Okay so we (me and my son) were in the Young Gunners/Family enclosure - But my son thought it a righteous call. :lol: :oops:

:?