Cup final tickets

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Cup final tickets

Post by nut flush gooner »

Daycat wrote:Has anyone bought there ticket through craigslist? Im considering it but wonded what other peoples experiences with it were. Thanks
No, I've said this before and I will say it again, theres a lot of scammers on craigslist.

Never send money electronically, ask for proof of tickets, know the person who you are buying them off ie ring them up and speak to them. Arrange face to face meet, never hand over cash until they pass the tickets over. Doing things this way is a pain, but will result in you not getting scammed.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Am currently in discussions with people on Craigslist to buy tickets.
Made it clear, that I am genuine, can meet up anywhere in London, and have cash.
But demanding proof of purchase.
That way I am sure I am not being scammed. If the sellers can't provide this, then I am more than happy to watch the game in the pub with mates up near Holloway Road.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

LaughingGooner wrote:Am currently in discussions with people on Craigslist to buy tickets.
Made it clear, that I am genuine, can meet up anywhere in London, and have cash.
But demanding proof of purchase.
That way I am sure I am not being scammed. If the sellers can't provide this, then I am more than happy to watch the game in the pub with mates up near Holloway Road.
Be very careful with craigslist, everyone I know that's tried to get a ticket from craigslist, it's been a scammer selling or not selling. If you are that desperate to go, I would probably make a tout an offer around Wembley 5mins after kick off, but that's not without it's own risks.

Save yourself the hassle and mula and join the rest of us refuseniks in the pubs around Holloway Rd for a proper gooner p*ss up, with no JCL telling you to sit down just because the game's getting exciting.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Cheers, will probably do just that and head to Holloway Rd.
Just been to every FA Cup since 93, so going to be awful missing out.
Out of interest, how much will the touts be offloading tickets just after the KO??

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Yeah id only either do face to face otherwise your just asking for trouble. Might just come up the weekend for the massive piss up

shu

Post by shu »

If you have £500 spare and want to buy a ticket get down there on the day but don't kid yourself that you will get one on the cheap.

I remember being at the Champs League final and realising that the prices were out of my reach and then rather depressingly having to find a pub.

So if i was you ,get together with some mates and find a pub full of Arsenal fans and enjoy :barscarf:

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Yes I got no joy at the CL Final and then missed the first half by not finding a pub.
Going to head to Holloway Rd. Early start drinking and will soon lose the disappointment of not being there.
The celebrations when we win will be memorable, and at least you don't have the pain of getting out of wembley and back into central London.

Cheers

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I know you've all been waiting for the update so here it is. My ticket has arrived, my father went to pick it up for me today from the box office. You can all breathe a sigh of relief now.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

LaughingGooner wrote:Yes I got no joy at the CL Final and then missed the first half by not finding a pub.
Going to head to Holloway Rd. Early start drinking and will soon lose the disappointment of not being there.
The celebrations IF we win will be memorable, and at least you don't have the pain of getting out of wembley and back into central London.

Cheers
Fixed that for you before you get accused of being an arrogant gooner expecting victory, sorry did I say gooner I meant Tarquin. :evil:
Last edited by topgoon on Thu May 15, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I know you've all been waiting for the update so here it is. My ticket has arrived, my father went to pick it up for me today from the box office. You can all breathe a sigh of relief now.
Enjoy and allow me to be the first to say you lucky :censored: , wish it was me :cry:

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

topgoon wrote:
LaughingGooner wrote:Yes I got no joy at the CL Final and then missed the first half by not finding a pub.
The celebrations IF we win will be memorable, and at least you don't have the pain of getting out of wembley and back into central London.

Cheers
Fixed that for you before you get accused of being an arrogant gooner expecting victory, sorry did I say gooner I meant Tarquin. :evil:
No typo, but thanks anyway.

Best wishes

Benedict III

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Well ill be up on my own so ill have to find a good pub on holloway road

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

topgoon wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I know you've all been waiting for the update so here it is. My ticket has arrived, my father went to pick it up for me today from the box office. You can all breathe a sigh of relief now.
Enjoy and allow me to be the first to say you lucky :censored: , wish it was me :cry:

Thank you very much. It's a privilege for all of us that are going and let's fucking win the thing now. :barscarf: :barscarf:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
topgoon wrote:

Thank you very much. It's a privilege for all of us that are going and let's fucking win the thing now. :barscarf: :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I feel very lucky that I'm going this time around...although missed out on FA Cup final wins against Chelsea, Newcastle & United so feel it's my turn!!

But I would say that watching the CL Final in a bar packed with gooners (and the French footie fans who became gooners for the night!) right next to the Seine in Paris was one of the best, most memorable, football nights of my life. I certainly had a better night than a mate of mine who went on his tod to the final, and who hardly had a drink all night. Ok, if we'd won then I'd have loved to have been in the stadium to see us lift the trophy. But you don't necessarily have to be there to have a great time!